Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

We have a lot of new Weapons, Armor, and Cosmetics coming with The Deadlock Protocol. Here is just a small selection of the new items:

• GARUDA HINSA COLLECTION - New Skins for Garuda, Warfan and Syandana!
  • PROTEA ADDITIONAL ITEMS - Including the Velox Sidearm and Rhoptron Syandana
  • CORPUS ADVANTAGE BUNDLE - With the Stahlta Primary, Stropha Gunblade and Shi Armor Set
  • PRIMARY KITGUNS - With the new Brash, Shrewd, Steadyslam, and Tremor grips!
  • NEW MOA - With new parts, attitude, and Helstrum micro-missile weapon!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of the new Tenno Reinforcements, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new weapons and armor, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use The Deadlock Protocol: Bug Report Megathread

Thank you!

While the parts of the new Moa are being built, I'm confused about its melee attack precept. How does it work? Does it use primary/secondary mods to enhance melee damage? Or can this new Moa equip the Deconstructor? Or does the Helstrum use melee mods?

It doesn't sound like the weapon or moa use melee mods, which means it'll be mastery fodder in the closet while I use helios to auto scan and be my stat stick. 😞 if I could get auto scan or a melee weapon an anything other than helios I'd use those instead. I mean why can't my helminth charger get a go pro for his head that scans for me?

primary kitguns being underpowered to their secondary variants due to worser stats, worser dispositions and way weaker rifle mods bonuses in compare to secondary weapon mods. (not even speaking about bonuses from arcanes)

there is literally 0 single reason to pick those new grips until your goal is waste time and resources in exchange to disappointment

and some stuff is not clear is it bug or feature. for example: gaze on secondary without additional range grip does have 21m limit (and with max possible range grip 40 meters). gaze on primary variat with brash grip (supposed to be additional range for beams) have 21 meters.

and the stats of primary so poor i can't even understand it supposed to be 21 meters limit on max range grip or no.

My only wish is being able to use the deconstructor on the Moa because of the obvious, and the new moa precepts. The new kitguns do not show in the mastered primaries list, and feel a little lack luster, plus being able to apply skins would be nice.

The rest  of the things above are fantastic.

The Stahlta is just the Quellor all over again.

Why is its primary fire so weak even for an assault rifle type, while its secondary fire is yet again decent like on the Quellor?
With how annoying it was to farm both the Stahlta and back then the Quellor, why yet again a mediocre weapon that looks and feels cool but will end up in the bottom of the arsenal due to the outright disappointing primary fire stats?

I'm sorry, but with the recent weapon releases, I'm just outright disappointed.

Primary kitguns were a big disappointment. First, their stats are inferior to their secondary counterparts. Second, some (notably Tombfinger) have a different firing mechanism, which is terrible if you were looking forward to making a primary just like that secondary, but better. Third, even the sound effects are not the same, for example primary Rattleguts doesn't even sound like a laser gun any more.

so, i got every new weapon BP and also their parts in quite a lot of runs through all 3 difficulty... all well and fine so far, talking about time spend to do this... but...

...in all of those runs i never ever got any part of protea. sure, i got the BP from the quest but that was it. droptable put all 3 parts as 11.11% which i don't doubt, but i do put in question the necessity of this 'lowish' chance.

just shuffle the rewards through all 3 ranks and increase the chances at least for the frame parts - just remove or lower some other stuff instead (maybe not the weapon parts though ^^)

the missions aren't very hard (almost too easy with some loadouts) but still it eat a lot of time doing it again and again, especially when you alredy got every other reward out of it (which i really got, except said frame parts).

endo, even though i don't need it anymore (over 500k to spare without much to spend it usefully) the reward is ok. credit caches on the other hand? not even new player need those anymore - and if you are playing on neptune or pluto already you aren't new nor in a state where you need a 5k credit cache reward (index, anyone?)... so that could be removed for example. the scenes could also be put into some cache-locker like you done so in the new jupiter maps (btw, why don't we have such nifty 'secret' doors on the corpus ships too?)

also: god bless you for removing those damn breakable windows from the ships - if i had designed such a structual flaw as an engineer, they would have spaces me on day one... speaking of: great idea with the 'trash airlock' i nearly fallen out of my chair, laughing when i hacket the console and jumped onthe airlock out of curiosity ^^)

the collecting of those specter-traces is far too time consuming - you have to run into them to do so and often enough they are so high up in the air that you have to jump into them too. they don't need to react to vacuum like everything else, but give them at least a collection range of one or two more meter - also, let them fall to the ground and give them a mark on the map (only map please). the whole part is easy enough done, but only if you do it with certain frames... and i doubt that was how it suppose to be. another thing is that with more people it actually gets more annoying: not the extra amount, but the fact that the specters spawn all over the map (like the starting position of the players too it seems) without much more of them happen to spawn at a given time. let 4 players mean that 4 times the specter spawn - else the only reason to do this part is to save some token when some else is using it... speaking of: let us more token per mission. either on try per player in mission or better yet, let us use ever shrine on the map once.

another thing are the primary kitguns... personally i'm fine that we can't get any mastery points out of them, but it sure looks a bit like a cheap move from you here ^^)   the more annoying thing about them is the fact that they are too weak compared to their secondary sibling - with some exceptions in the stats. they should have more ammo per magazine and more damage per shot too. the crit and status seems to be ok though, but keep in mind that the secondary weapons can sport more mods toward crit chance, so a little increase for the base crit chance in the primary weapons might be a good idea.

The velox makes absolutely no sense as her signature weapon tbh.
She has ammo economy on the gimmick+signature bonus when she has access to free ammo with the 3 and ammo refunds with the 4.
if anything it should chew through ammo even more when she uses it via a fire rate increase or something.

The primary kitgun grips feel poorly balanced. The fact that using one of the lighter grips results in less DPS, less powerful individual hits and worse ammo economy does not make for interesting choices, with Tremor being optimal for all but Gaze, which is much more subjective because of the range constraint.

It would be more interesting if there was a consideration to be had between DPS vs individual strong hits, and not just one choice that excels in both categories - kitguns are meant to be about choice and customization, after all.

Furthermore, those choices could be a lot farther apart, actually, so that the grips don't feel too same-ish.

[Opinion: A more subjective reason this also feels bad is because Tremor, with its disproportionate flange between the main body of the gun and its chamber is considered by many (everyone I talked to about it) to be the least visually appealing grip, which is the only reason against choosing Tremor. This essentially makes the other grips just "skins with worse stats"]

Update is nice, new Jackel fight looks amazing.

Maybe you can have a look at the drop chances for Stahlta and Stropha BP?

Got all of the part but no BP drop in 18 runs.

Maybe you can make it more even.

maybe give gaze an aoe effect like deal 50% damage to nearby enemies while the main enemy receives 100% of the damage? I was also thinking maybe the primary kitgun could look like those weilders that the solaris united workers use.

On 2020-06-13 at 5:34 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Protea’s build costs are the most backhanded thing you’ve ever done to your community.

what? you don't mean the little amount of railjack resources, do you? if so, that is only if are really new to the game or avoided railjack for the past 6 month... or never bother to kill some eximus enemies in certain systems...

you want to know about 'backhanded things'? try the hema research for clans bigger than shadow... everything else is a walk in the park.

4 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

what? you don't mean the little amount of railjack resources, do you? if so, that is only if are really new to the game or avoided railjack for the past 6 month... or never bother to kill some eximus enemies in certain systems...

you want to know about 'backhanded things'? try the hema research for clans bigger than shadow... everything else is a walk in the park.

I mean the 3500, 2700 and 1500~ resources that you have a rare chance to collect 8 at a time from an eximus unit. My account is MR 10 and 3 weeks old, I’ve been flat out progressing syndicates and doing the open worlds. Now I either have to start RJ just to build Protea, which means building her is roughly a week away.

Or I just passively farm eximus units while I play. In the 3 weeks I’ve had my account I’ve amassed 130/3500 Carbides.

1 minute ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

The new moa should be able to equip Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime. It's a melee moa with a melee mod.

100% this, a melee attack precept referencing rifle, shotgun, or pistol mods but NOT melee mods is pretty bizarre and nonsensical, but honestly they just need to give ALL Sentinels/Moas access to Deconstructor, especially if they aren't going to release another Robotic melee weapon.

The biggest disappointment of this update for me was the fact that the new Robotic weapon wasn't a melee weapon despite coming with a melee Moa and that Deconstructor, the only one, is still, for whatever arbitrary reason, Helios-exclusive. It's really, REALLY unnecessarily restrictive for absolutely no good reason. Like, if you want to have Gladiator mods on your Sentinel then you're obligated to use Helios, a purely quality-of-life Sentinel that... doesn't really do anything in terms of actual gameplay, other than being the only Robotic companion that can equip the only Robotic melee weapon, of course. Frankly it's the number one reason why I, as an almost exclusively melee player, won't use other Sentinels (or Moas at all) in many of my loadouts, despite wanting to. There's a lot of interesting Sentinel/Moa builds that I'd like to experiment with but I can't equip Deconstructor on them and I have precisely zero other Robotic melee options, so I just don't bother. Why limit build diversity like this when diversity is something y'all claim to care about and want to encourage?

(inb4 typical DE-style monkey's paw """fix"""; i.e. making set effects no longer apply on companion weapons instead of addressing the actual problem, which is that there is literally only one Robotic melee weapon that can only be equipped on one specific Sentinel)

On 2020-06-09 at 6:27 PM, [DE]Bear said:

PRIMARY KITGUNS - With the new Brash, Shrewd, Steadyslam, and Tremor grips!

I think you guys did a good job with the tombfinger primary because it gained something new (the charge mechanic). I suggest trying to add something new and interesting to each of the other primary kitguns if you do plan on them being inferior (stat wise) to kitgun secondaries.

Use the Tombfinger as your anchor and work from there. I currently only see reason to use the TF and not much else. I know many people say the gaze is also good but to be honest, the huge restriction you put on beam length doesn't really make up for the fact that there isnt really a reward for using it at a 14-20m range anyways.

There's also the huge problem outside of kitguns that beam length modifier mods are not considered exilus, but i suppose that is outside the scope of primary kitgun feedback, mostly.

Archived