The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vox Solaris Quest Difficulty

hairlessOrphan

Question

Am I doing something wrong? On the step of the questline where I'm supposed to defend the overheating generator thing, and there are these giant Coolant Raknoids. I can't touch 'em. A full clip from the Soma Prime - 200 shots - does maybe a third of the shield from one? And there are two of them. Plus a whole lot of other mobs.

Is there some trick to this that I'm missing? I'm a new player, so not super familiar with any tricks I'm supposed to take advantage of.

Got all the damage mods I own slotted, though I don't so much have "a build" as I have "the only mods I have on hand."

MR 3
Excalibur 21
Soma Prime 13
Furis 6
Cronus 15

19 answers to this question

The problem with Vox Solaris is that, despite being on one of the early planets, it's not really new player friendly. The Orb Vallis and its associated content are at a higher level than the rest of Venus and it calls for higher level gear so I recommend coming back later on when you have a few more mastery ranks and more and better gear, especially fully levelled gear since fully levelled gear has more mod capacity than unlevelled gear.

Also by the sounds of it you met the Kyta Raknoids, which have both shields and armor and they're just as annoying later on as they are early on. They will become easier to face later on, though. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, hairlessOrphan said:

Coolant Raknoids.

I don't think you are supposed to fight them. Coolant Raknoids are randomly roaming around in the Temple Of Profit following an Exploiter Orb. They are not involved with the quest iirc.

Also, I think you should improve your gear a bit. Max them up and put proper mods onto them.

Coolant Raknoids will seem pretty durable compared to most other Enemies, but deceptively so. they have a huge Shield pool, but tiny Health.
if you have any Toxin Damage on your Weapon(s) for example, they immediately become about 15x easier to Kill.

you're also not intended to actually fight them during that Quest AFAIK, so you could always try again later when Exploiter has moved to a different part of the Map and thusly the Coolant Raknoids are somewhere else.

Edited by taiiat

20 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Are you trying to fight the exploiter orb or do the fractures?

No, the sploiter orb is all the way back at the Fortuna entrance, I had to hoverboard under its belly to get to the quest waypoint.

Anyway, I failed my way up. I just used the Excalibur flash to stun them, killing the other mobs or dying myself to regain energy to keep them chain-stunned while the timer ticked up. Not my proudest moment, but I guess I wasn't even supposed to be here yet, so I'll take it.

Were there any warning signs that should have told me not to start the quest, yet? I don't see any difficulty levels around the other quest lines when I look in the codex. I feel like I had no warning or information before this, which is just incredibly frustrating.

(Thank you all for the advice, though. I will not be returning to this zone for a while.)

Edited by hairlessOrphan

59 minutes ago, hairlessOrphan said:

No, the sploiter orb is all the way back at the Fortuna entrance, I had to hoverboard under its belly to get to the quest waypoint.

Anyway, I failed my way up. I just used the Excalibur flash to stun them, killing the other mobs or dying myself to regain energy to keep them chain-stunned while the timer ticked up. Not my proudest moment, but I guess I wasn't even supposed to be here yet, so I'll take it.

Were there any warning signs that should have told me not to start the quest, yet? I don't see any difficulty levels around the other quest lines when I look in the codex. I feel like I had no warning or information before this, which is just incredibly frustrating.

(Thank you all for the advice, though. I will not be returning to this zone for a while.)

No there is no real warning for this. It could be possible with just pure luck of spawns but would be really tough either way. I would say continue look at new frames maybe look into frost as it can make it easier. Sometimes all you need is a different frame. 

1 hour ago, hairlessOrphan said:

No, the sploiter orb is all the way back at the Fortuna entrance, I had to hoverboard under its belly to get to the quest waypoint

That is not the exploiter orb.

That was the profit taker orb.

The exploiter orb is circulating at the temple of profit, followed by coolant raknoids.

To the op, if you intend to try it again, do try to destroy the little sticks that the Corpus put up to call in reinforcements. If you let those sticke stay, the danger level will increase. See the white dots on the right side of the minimap, if they become red, that’s no good. If they all become red, the enemy levels are going to go up and you’ll start seeing riduculous enemies like Kyta.

8 hours ago, hairlessOrphan said:

Were there any warning signs that should have told me not to start the quest, yet?

No, Warframe is pretty bad at steering players toward appropriate content.  Both of the open world areas (Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis) are a bit much for new players.  If you stick to low-level bounties, you should be OK, but things quickly scale up in difficulty.  As others have said, keep working your way through the star chart and circle back to these once you have progressed further.  

Even working your way through the Star Chart, and doing Quests as they show push us way outside of Frame capabilities.

I've died plenty doing things that I was "sent" to do as the NPC's just wreck you in 2 or 3 shots.

Best bet is to clear a planet as far as it will allow, then take on the next.

Seems to work better...

Enjoy!

I bet this Quest is even worse now that Shields have been Buffed....When I started Warframe Over I really wanted to get this Quest over as soon as Possible because You really want to get started on the Fortuna Grind very quickly... its got the worst Progression Curve in the game and starting it sooner Helps even out the Progress.

Magnetic damage on your weapons (cold + electric) to take out the shield, toxin for the health. Stay right near the consoles. Better gear will help a lot or at least better mods. Crit mods for your Soma Prime, it's an awful weapon without it and it should be good enough for the mission you're trying to do.

You should be able to do it with your current gear if you follow the rest of the advises you got here. It's a tough mission for new players, look at it as a challenge that will help you understand the game better.
Take your time if you need it. The worse thing you can do in the game is rush your progression because it will take the fun away.

You're more stubborn than I was.

I'll ask whether you're having fun right now because:

1) The content is unnecessarily difficult for where you are in the game.

2) Most of the Orb Vallis rewards aren't useful outside of that area. It's easy to sink a ton of time into it and PoE and realize you've gotten very little in return.

4 hours ago, hippokrene said:

2) Most of the Orb Vallis rewards aren't useful outside of that area. It's easy to sink a ton of time into it and PoE and realize you've gotten very little in return.

I disagree.... And Im not just saying this because of the Syndicate Offerings from Little Duck make for a good Souce of Platinum. Im saying this because just Getting access to the Sunploint Plasma Drill which is a Rank 1 Offering from Smoke Finger is a Definite Must have just because it allows your to Make Progress in Both Solaris United and The Oston syndicate without having to do any bounties... Just this one Item Alone definitely warrants suffering this quest for.Onc you have Ranked Up you can then sell the Pax/Exodia Arcanes for Platinum, although I am having trouble selling Exodia Triumph right now

The Sunpoint Plasma Drill is great... for Orb and PoE standing and content. The shocking fishing spear is also nice as fishing lets you avoid combat you can't handle while still getting solid amounts of standing. But he's not strong enough to do high level bounties, and probably doesn't have enough credits to rank up.

This is a player who is MR 3 and still clearing Venus. Almost everything else he could do would be significantly more rewarding at this point.

Im having the same issue. I only got one frame, mag and her abilities don't work on the shield. I just throwing my hands up and going on to mercury. It sucks tho cuz without this quest the vendors wont sell to me and i cant build my archwing. They need to scale this down or put it somewhere else.