Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are Railjack loot notifications finally going to be fixed?

RS219

I know there was a patch earlier this year that was supposed to change pickup notifications of railjack resources so that the only "alert" ones would have been the big 4 you need to stock up the forge (copernics, carbides, pustrels, cubic diodes). From the logical conclusion of that change, the drops of all the others should look something like this at the mid-bottom area of the screen:

X Kesslers
X Komms
X Aurcrux
X Trachons

X Brachoid
X Nullstones

Instead, we've still got the *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!*, *sshik-dik!* audio spam barrage that persists until the last enemy has been destroyed, the last loot picked up and no more crates/asteroids being bumped into. Each *sshik-dik!* accompanied with yet another big flashy icon of the 30kth titanium, then the 104th Asterite, then the 8th Nullstone that the railjack has sucked up, with many more lining up to proudly shine into your eyeballs for the billionth time.

Please dial this back already, DE.

Edited by RS219
  • Like 8

It also gets in the way of trying to do things in the forge. True, this wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have this stupid hold to activate process, but that wouldn't justify this huge box obscuring your viewscreen for zero benefit and plenty of drawbacks.

Railjack's "interface" is just abominable all over. No indication to new players as to which part does what or whether there even is a floating console that you need to use, interaction points sit in the middle of space where you can quite easily run past them and not activate anything, pointless animations that do nothing except get in your way when you're trying to do things (eg. why is it necessary to rope those forge blocks down) and parts of the ship design which are actively harmful to player navigation and gameplay (the only purpose for that pit below the forge area is to capture players and prevent them from reaching the forge consoles).

There's a pretty good reason why I never bothered with it past the first month or so of "oh, that's new". When the game itself is actively fighting me, I think that's a pretty good sign that I shouldn't be there.