Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack chained missions don't save bonus affinity and syndicate standings after each mission

__jag__

As the title says, if you chain a bunch of (successful!) railjack missions and then abort mission (after a host migration?), you lose all your bonus affinity and syndicate standing. This in practice means that you have to return to the Dojo after every mission or after a few missions, depending on how risk averse you are, which seems to go against the intent of chaining railjack missions.

This is the second time it's happened to me. This time I joined someone at Gian Point and we ran that 5 or 6 times. The anomaly showed up and unfortunately the host disconnected (or aborted?) so after the host migration we were stuck with an anomaly objective that couldn't be finished (despite killing 20/20 Sentients, but that's another bug which I'm confident has already been reported) and we were forced to abort.

• TYPE: In-Game, Railjack
  • REPRODUCTION: Run a few chained railjack missions, (maybe force a host migration?), hit Abort Mission
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Abort Mission should only affect bonus affinity and syndicate standing gained since the last "Mission Success" point
  • OBSERVED RESULT: All bonus affinity and syndicate standing from all chained missions was lost upon Abort Mission
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2 so far

Losing the bonus affinity sucks, but it can easily be re-gained. On the other hand, the daily standing cap is decreased despite not actually getting the standing, so that really sucks.

Edited by __jag__
host migration seems to be key, will do more testing
  • Like 1

It looks like the code is trying to do the right thing, but doesn't commit it. Before I started I had 80,181 standing with Perrin, when I checked right before I hit Abort the summary screen said I had gained +12320 for a total of 92,501 standing. After the abort, on the Mission Failed screen, it said I had gained +10351 for a total of 80,181 (sic) standing. [Note: looks like I gained roughly 2k standing on the Anomaly mission, which I'd expect to be discarded due to abort]. So the code knows what my gains were right after the previous successful (chained) RJ mission, but it failed to apply that and instead reverted to the initial standing. (I can provide screenshots upon request).

To clarify, I'm calling out two bugs here: 1) aborting an RJ mission should properly apply (bonus affinity, syndicate standing) gains for all previous missions in the chain, and 2) discarded syndicate standing due to abort in RJ missions should (IMO) not be subtracted from the daily standing cap.

Edited by __jag__
Typo, clarification