Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jackal 2.0 a great start for the next generation

Felsagger

(Contains spoilers of the game play be advised.)

DE, this happens when you love your work, when you get inspired and you throw in all effort. Treat all your game like this. Throw us more bosses, enigmatic places, create larger levels, let us explore vertical places. When you take your work seriously, all of us plug in the money. 

I can't wait for Railjack 3.0 and a treatment of your game like you did with the tileset of Jupiter and this. This is DE having some respect on themselves pushing fair work. Bring us this, more of this. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 22

Razorback: "I'm the biggest and baddest four-legged proxy!"

Jackal 2.0: *breaks in with new skin and weapons* "move over, Scrapheap, the O.G is Back!"

I really like this. Jackals new "voice" sounds a bit more menacing and serious, and the MOA joke is nice too. glad they also put in some destructible environment and brought back the GoW-style animations from Exploiter (now with 100% more Parazon!) here's hoping the fight gets more hectic in each room too!

now if we can just get something of this caliber for the bosses that REALLY need it, namely Sarge and Phorid..and maybe a Vay Hek rework wouldn't hurt either..

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Razorback: "I'm the biggest and baddest four-legged proxy!"

Jackal 2.0: *breaks in with new skin and weapons* "move over, Scrapheap, the O.G is Back!"

I really like this. Jackals new "voice" sounds a bit more menacing and serious, and the MOA joke is nice too. glad they also put in some destructible environment and brought back the GoW-style animations from Exploiter (now with 100% more Parazon!) here's hoping the fight gets more hectic in each room too!

now if we can just get something of this caliber for the bosses that REALLY need it, namely Sarge and Phorid..and maybe a Vay Hek rework wouldn't hurt either..

Indeed. 

Make each fight memorable. Good boss fights always rise the value of the game. More vegetation, structures and enemies in PoE so the place becomes a thrilling threat to revisit. Add more life and rework fortuna. That place deserves an awesome update on the open world map once Rail Jack 3.0 arrives. Let us hover our Rail Jack on these open worlds. We are asking for what the game suggests. 

Exploiter Orb and Profit Taker deserves a treatment like that one. A boss remake is always a warmth welcome for this game. More bosses, the better. Increase the single player experience and the cooperative mode of this game. Give us great battles. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Vay Hek yes, he's stupid and annoying. Sergeant and Phorid is a big no-no. They work just beautifully. No stupid phases, no health gates. You kill them and collect your sortie reward. No need to change that.

Edited by alce00
  • Like 6

I don't understand, why would changing up the boss be a blip for anyone without it having new offerings? If it doesn't add to game play or progression what is the point of congratulation outside of seeing that new players that have experienced both, but not got their complete Rhino prefer the new versus the old?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I don't understand, why would changing up the boss be a blip for anyone without it having new offerings? If it doesn't add to game play or progression what is the point of congratulation outside of seeing that new players that have experienced both, but not got their complete Rhino prefer the new versus the old?

1. Because at least is happening. Something due long time ago is being considered. This raises the value of the game in general. 

2. Protea is included in the content and few new weapons, so there is some sense of progression. 

3. Boss fights with destructible environments and changing conditions is always a warmth welcome. This is something that deserves more attention. 

4. Revision of the tile set. Some parts of the stages are redesigned, other parts are re skinned with greater details. Architecture attains more importance, it tells us a story. TLoU2 uses this technique. 

5. Revision of other boss encounters with better enhanced environments. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Because a new and interesting bossfight is new gameplay, even it's a fairly small addition to it.  New gameplay that I, at least, am very much looking forward to.

Edited by xXRampantXx
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It also looks like it is breaking with the annoying random "no damage now" that didn't have any explanation just nope.

Plus this is the first boss now that many new players will face so it also seems better to explain things like the Lotus line about "use your parazon" cool that helps players realize parazon is a thing they have and expands its uses in game.

• Like 1

I actually dislike the new Jackal boss fight from the preview. The original fight was definitely boring and too easy, but this new fight is just exactly what the Exploiter Orb was: A long drawn out mission with flashy animations, cutscenes, and invulnerability mechanics where the damage you deal is hardly relevant. The old Jackal and the new Jackal have the exact same amount of damage requirements (atleast from what we saw). The new Jackal is just stuffed with eye candy that artificially draws out the fight.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Because it makes the game better as a whole. You might never touch it, but that doesnt mean it wont have an impact regardless. Imagine you just started and you were treated to this spectacle relatively early on in the game. Assuning the fight is enioyable enough, it would grab you into the experience further and be something you actually think back to at times as "man, that thing was cool!".

Cause old jakal was so dull to me that the moment I got rhino I immediately forgot about him. Meanwhile Tyl Regor is a character I still remember and love even though I have actively avoided him for years now. 

They might not have a smooth new player experience, but if they can make the early bits grab peoples attention, it helps hook them in further and be willing to learn. While i ended up not liking it the original intro to destiny 2 was actually great and is what kept my attention and made me want to play it after that beta on PC.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I actually dislike the new Jackal boss fight from the preview. The original fight was definitely boring and too easy, but this new fight is just exactly what the Exploiter Orb was: A long drawn out mission with flashy animations, cutscenes, and invulnerability mechanics where the damage you deal is hardly relevant. The old Jackal and the new Jackal have the exact same amount of damage requirements (atleast from what we saw). The new Jackal is just stuffed with eye candy that artificially draws out the fight.

It wasn't too easy when I first kill him. Neither it was boring. In today's sortie it was probably 20 seconds fight I think. Which is exactly how it should be. You shouldn't drag high MR players through stupid mechanics like invulnerability phases to artificially increase required time to kill. That's what makes fights boring. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Star chart bosses (except Ropalolyst, Ropalolyst Sortie when DE?) can be included in Sorties, so rewards for Veterans shouldn’t be a problem. Deadlock Protocol achieves what all the whiny vets scream about “Revisiting old content”. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Star chart bosses (except Ropalolyst, Ropalolyst Sortie when DE?) can be included in Sorties, so rewards for Veterans shouldn’t be a problem. Deadlock Protocol achieves what all the whiny vets scream about “Revisiting old content”. 

Revisiting old content doesnt include an un-needed amount of cinematics and junk to break up the fight and draw it out. if i wanted to watch an action movie i'd go watch Rambo. These updates should make you feel more engaged. but as voltage said this fight seems like exploiter 2.0, which in my eyes seems ironic because they dont want you to afk yet cinematics is locking you out of control of your character & moving. Garbage mechanic tbh.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Jackal's already in sortie. In fact it's in today's sortie. So how making his fight longer because of invulnerability phases will reward old players?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, --Aegis--Cody said:

Revisiting old content doesnt include an un-needed amount of cinematics and junk to break up the fight and draw it out. if i wanted to watch an action movie i'd go watch Rambo. These updates should make you feel more engaged. but as voltage said this fight seems like exploiter 2.0, which in my eyes seems ironic because they dont want you to afk yet cinematics is locking you out of control of your character & moving. Garbage mechanic tbh.

9 minutes ago, alce00 said:

Jackal's already in sortie. In fact it's in today's sortie. So how making his fight longer because of invulnerability phases will reward old players?

Ah so you are one of those cinematic skippers. Looks like New Jackal isn’t meant for you.

Would you rather have meta free Exploiter or a strict Meta like the Eidolons?

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 7

Looks like more and more bosses will get that Ambulas treatement. We all love an Ambulas boss sortie right?? 10min mobile defense boss, real quality content. 🙄

This is another one of those fights which will look cool the first few times, but get annoyingly long when you need a drop from the boss. Like some people have referenced already, Exploiter feels like this, especially if you're chasing the ephemeras.

• Like 3

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Ah so you are one of those cinematic skippers. Looks like New Jackal isn’t meant for you.

I can only watch the same movie a few times before it gets old and stale lol.

• Like 2

i honestly think that more bosses need a better variety of those avoidable high-damage attacks that make them temporarily invulnerable. i prefer this rather than CC spam or enemy spawning as a way to implement difficulty.

hardly any if none at all have their "moments." most players progress to a point where they can ignore most attacks and mechanics from bosses and simply power through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Nice to see Parazon getting used more, does seem God of War esque as Robot said. 

We need QTEs with a lot of button mashing to get to the level of God of War

How many controlers did that time period where they were popular I had to replace, I wonder?