Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is hunter munitions good?

(PSN)KyleXY12345

Question

10 answers to this question

Nobody is waiting for anyone to die. Its not like you *boop* one enemy, and patiently wait until they die. You constantly shoot - slash from munitions adds up.

Slash procs increase your overall dps by a huge margin and ignore armor which gets insane with dmg boosting abillities.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 4

It depends on the enemy level. Keep in mind that slash procs bypass armor, so when the armor level is high enough the slash procs will far outdamage the actual hits your weapon does. You'll hit the enemy doing 200 damage, causing a slash procs that ticks for 4000 damage every second. At low levels with low armor, you'll hit the enemy for 10,000 damage, and your slash proc still does 4000 damage per second, so it's not as effective at low levels. 

That being said, Hunter Munitions is not as good as it used to be. Enemy armor has been drastically reduced at high levels recently, so now the difference is hardly noticeable until you get to some absurd level range (something like 300+). It also used to be great because slash procs bypassed shields. Another recent update made slash procs not bypass shields anymore.

I think nowadays people might still cling to their old builds, but as you suggest it's actually not that effective anymore. Viral / heat stacking seems to be the way to go now, so you're probably better off slotting in more of those elements or status chance or something else for your preference. 

• Like 4

Once you go past Level 110 Armored Enemies... Slash Procs Kill Faster than Direct Damage... and like you said... Why would you wait to shoot your enemies to death when You can let the Slash Procs do their thing while you focus on Other enemies... its not like they wont attack you as you shoot them (Unless you hit'em with Impact Procs). 

In any case... If you don't like Hunter Munitions then dont use it... You're not doing content where its needed so You dont have to use it if you dont want to :)

BTW if players are legit just sitting around Waiting to confirm their kills... thats the mark of an Inconsistent weapon... and Warframe is Choc Full of weapons that behave that way... Hence why we Roll Rivens so we can make damn sure our Weapons are Proccing Enough Slash most of the time.... I still need Multishot on My Daikyu and Dread...

17 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

That being said, Hunter Munitions is not as good as it used to be. Enemy armor has been drastically reduced at high levels recently, so now the difference is hardly noticeable until you get to some absurd level range (something like 300+). It also used to be great because slash procs bypassed shields. Another recent update made slash procs not bypass shields anymore.

Yeah but... But Corrosive is Weaker too for some reason so really Hunter Munitions is basically right where we left it...  The Shield Changes are really annoying though... In that case case Hunter Munitions is garbage... My Baza Prime couldnt kill a single enemy in an Enhanced Enemy Shields Sortie Modifier... Luckily I had my Toxin Hystrix with me :)

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah but... But Corrosive is Weaker too for some reason so really Hunter Munitions is basically right where we left it...  The Shield Changes are really annoying though... In that case case Hunter Munitions is garbage... My Baza Prime couldnt kill a single enemy in an Enhanced Enemy Shields Sortie Modifier... Luckily I had my Toxin Hystrix with me 🙂

Hah yup, I also noticed Hunter Munitions builds started failing against enemies with really high shields! You're right of course that Hunter Munitions remains the best against the really high level armored enemies, but I've found that for anything below level 200 it's just as effective to slot in a status chance or multishot mod to help build the viral procs faster on automatic weapons. I'm keeping Hunter munitions on bows / semi autos for now, but on autos I've switched it out 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Hah yup, I also noticed Hunter Munitions builds started failing against enemies with really high shields! You're right of course that Hunter Munitions remains the best against the really high level armored enemies, but I've found that for anything below level 200 it's just as effective to slot in a status chance or multishot mod to help build the viral procs faster on automatic weapons. I'm keeping Hunter munitions on bows / semi autos for now, but on autos I've switched it out 🙂 

Ive been having the worst Results building Status Weapons for Corrosive + Heat for some reason...

Apperently even without SLash Procs Viral alone still works better against Armored enemies than Corrosive.... Which isnt how it used to work before... is it ?

Ive been having the worst Results building Status Weapons for Corrosive + Heat for some reason...

Apperently even without SLash Procs Viral alone still works better against Armored enemies than Corrosive.... Which isnt how it used to work before... is it ?

Ah yeah I've basically given up on corrosive entirely since the recent status rework. I use viral & heat for everything. Viral scales damage in an absurd way, even on weapons with very low status chance. Heat reduces armor, but not as much as a full barrage of corrosive procs. heat also gives a stacking DoT that can rival slash procs if you have a lot of status chance, and on top of all that it also crowd controls the enemies. I think if they hadn't nerfed the armor of enemies, corrosive would still be good. 

You're right that before the status rework & armor nerf corrosive was much better against armored enemies. Now viral seems the most effective in 98% of situations!

• Like 1

Heat can be very powerful, but it's sooooo sloooowwwww. Those individual 1 second tics are awful. Slash, Toxin, Gas and maybe Electricity have individual damage instance tics and they seem to work so so so much faster than Heat. I can't stand Heat.

And you know what's worse? Status Duration doesn't really help Heat... Heat is made worse by having more Status Duration. Not that Status Duration mods are valuable to begin with!

From https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Heat_Damage

The Heat b Heat status effect's armor strip has a ramp up time when it first procs and a ramp down time when the proc ends. Every 0.5 seconds after the initial proc, the enemy will have 15%, 30%, 40%, 50% of its armor stripped. It will therefore take 2 seconds to reach the maximum armor strip.[1] Proccing more heat status effects within this time frame will not speed up the armor stripping process.

After the proc ends, the target will regain armor every 1.5 seconds for 6 seconds. The enemy's armor strip will decrease as follows: 50%, 40%, 30%, 15%, 0%. [2]

Status Duration mods will increase the time intervals for the armor strip as expected. For example, with +100% status duration the armor strip will occur every second instead of every half second. As a result, the full 50% armor strip will only be achieved after 4 seconds.