Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Merge "Void Keys" and "Relic" Systems. An alternative to Relic runs

Doraz_

I'm busy with my own things, but i feel this suggestion is very important because as you reach "True Endgame" (that being when even relics and kuva become meaningless, obsolete for progression and not fun to engage with), the repetition required by the current system is far too apparent, cause the lack of meaningful reward, ocer the felt repetition.

So, in short i'd like if "Opening Relics" was changed in this way:

-Players can equip any relic when starting a mission ... ANY Mission!

-Each relic has an effect on the warframe, weapons or the level itself, for example, in addition to the already existing ones, it could trigger a "sortie buff" to enemies in that mission.

- Relic are opened by affinity, making affinity meaningful even when all gear is at max rank, plus gices incentive to buy boosters to speed it up if you wish.

-Relic Fragments function and are given identically to Fissure  missions.

WHY?

1) Currently, Relic runs are just this: you waiting for a quick capture mission, possibly grineer so you can even farm affinity at the same time. If there is not, maybe do a survival but extract at 5 minutes because everyone leaves.

Sadly, the player can be free ... only to his own detriment(!) ...  as any other modes require more time investment for opening the same number of relics.

2) The "Starchart events" Tab is getting filled more each update ... but basically they are the same exact missions (with very minor differences in gameplay) xD

Again, it's an illusion of choice, very different from other areas of this game like weapons, bosses, world and frames, that make me love this game so much.

Fissure missions can stay, although the system i am asking for is at least in theory far more flexible and appealing to me.

Possible problems are

1) lobby of randoms changing the level for everyone.

Honestly, the game feels so stagnant sometimes that i'd welcome some challenfing change to overcome, but can be a problem, making single-warframe debuffs more fovorable for gameplay

I'll clean it up later, but i'd like to hear if other feel like this is a problem or this is just my daily brain fart :clem:

• Like 1

I don't mind the idea, it seems fairly decent, but I think the fact that you had to word it the way you did means there are many underlying problems that may be a priority to fix, rather than band-aid it with a solution of this kind. It wouldn't hurt having such a band-aid until real changes are made, I just hope they will be made.

I see a few other problems with this idea:

-It would kill long runs even harder.  After all you equip your relics, you crack them in under 5 minutes....and then you leave to re-equip more relics meaning that staying beyond 5 minutes is utterly and completely pointless.

-Things would move from survival to ESO, after all unless the affinity requirements where stupidly high you could crack a full set of relics with just a single 2.5 minute section of ESO, and if not that then getting the first reward would definitely hit that point.  That is unless the affinity required to crack a relic is very close to what it takes to 0-30 a weapon...in which case ESO becomes the only viable option for cracking relics without going through mission after mission after mission, taking 3-5 missions for a single relic crack.

-How would affinity going to relics affect focus gains?  Would you just have to decide "Ok, I'm going for focus meaning I can't crack any relics until I'm done...."

-How could you tell if someone else has relics equipped, let alone of the right type?  As it stands its fairly easy to see what relics other people have put up for the mission...it would be much harder if it was just silently equipped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I see a few other problems with this idea:

-It would kill long runs even harder.  After all you equip your relics, you crack them in under 5 minutes....and then you leave to re-equip more relics meaning that staying beyond 5 minutes is utterly and completely pointless.

-Things would move from survival to ESO, after all unless the affinity requirements where stupidly high you could crack a full set of relics with just a single 2.5 minute section of ESO, and if not that then getting the first reward would definitely hit that point.  That is unless the affinity required to crack a relic is very close to what it takes to 0-30 a weapon...in which case ESO becomes the only viable option for cracking relics without going through mission after mission after mission, taking 3-5 missions for a single relic crack.

-How would affinity going to relics affect focus gains?  Would you just have to decide "Ok, I'm going for focus meaning I can't crack any relics until I'm done...."

-How could you tell if someone else has relics equipped, let alone of the right type?  As it stands its fairly easy to see what relics other people have put up for the mission...it would be much harder if it was just silently equipped.

3 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

I don't mind the idea, it seems fairly decent, but I think the fact that you had to word it the way you did means there are many underlying problems that may be a priority to fix, rather than band-aid it with a solution of this kind. It wouldn't hurt having such a band-aid until real changes are made, I just hope they will be made.

Thanks! Those are some interesting points.

In short, my goal was having a system that rewards players for playing the game, opening relics even at a smaller rate than Fissure Missions, to avoid forcing one specific gameplay on a player, and to alleviate the ever-growing number of relics that will never get opened.

I'll think about it more, because it's very interesting to me and you brought up many important problems to "truly solve" and not just me saying " it will work out", which is what the sate of this post kinda is atm xD