Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon key and shields.

selig_fay

19 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

I only use it for easier rage/ha procs so this is even better, but doesn't the shield gate period last only the small amount if shields dont recover naturally?

Some frames can use either shield-restoring abilities or a lot of energy with mods to restore full shields. I don't mind when it comes with standard shields. But the dragon makes it easier.

Well, I think that they could introduce a special version of rage, which disables shield gate due to a greater % conversion of HP to energy. The dragon keys should not be used for this.

22 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Some frames can use either shield-restoring abilities or a lot of energy with mods to restore full shields.

I am aware of that. Throught testing though it seems this instant restore of shields doesnt trigger the full 1.3 second of invulnerability you'd normally get. Only the 0.3 one. Or is it only me?

6 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:
I am aware of that. Throught testing though it seems this instant restore of shields doesnt trigger the full 1.3 second of invulnerability you'd normally get. Only the 0.3 one. Or is it only me?

No, you're right. It depends on how many shields you had before the shield gate trigger. If you managed to restore full shields, you get 1.3 seconds, otherwise you get less.

Using the shield gate isn't "abuse" of anything, it's a simple illumination of game mechanics that continue to need work.

Equipping a dragon key to allow for a small enough shield to ride the shield gate is something that should be addressed by better shields, not a different band aid.  The state of shielding itself is quite telling when the gate is worth more than the numeric value of the shield itself.  THAT is what should be addressed, and in a concrete and comprehensive manner.  So long as a the gating mechanic is worth more than the shields, shield based frames will continue to languish in effective survivability versus armor based frames and the disparity will remain.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Thrymm said:

The state of shielding itself is quite telling when the gate is worth more than the numeric value of the shield itself.

Heh, this is literally my argument when people start asking for a Primed or Umbral Shield mod. There's no point to it unless you're a frame that actively uses the numbers value of your shields for something, and there's only two frames that do. And one of those frames can actually stack the casts based on their shield to make the value and the duration of the buffs they gain increase up to their cap, so having more shields isn't even really necessary for all but one frame in the game...

It's something I've always said for Warframe; numbers-based functions will always lose out to mechanical functions.

But it can be so hard to actually explain it in a way that gets through to the people that just say 'but we have Umbral Health, why not Umbral Shields?'.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:
But it can be so hard to actually explain it in a way that gets through to the people that just say 'but we have Umbral Health, why not Umbral Shields?'.

I wouldn't mind getting the antitoxin umbra for some frames.

I'm not sure anyone should be worried about this.

I can carry all 4 keys and solo the thing without fail every time, if the boards weren't randomized I'm sure I could do it with my eyes closed.  So can anyone else with the gear.  I mean, if they do what you're asking, then monster shield or no shield builds are the way.  Either way there is a way to circumvent the challenge, which is the whole point of the keys, to figure out how to do them.  I don't exactly know what you're trying to get at... are people farming too many corrupt mods for your liking all of a sudden?

This has been easy to do since forever and easy to solo since the first day they accidentally let you carry all keys.

The whole point of this thing is to teach newbies how to deal with different challenges/mechanics early game and help them realize it's a good idea to expand their arsenal beyond their one favorite frame... farming corrupted mods, yeah, you can always do it, but I don't know too many folks out there at MR 29 grinding 8 hours a day of keys because it's not worth it for how small the plat is.  I mean maybe for someone it is... but like that one guy, he can go ahead.  Unless someone is suddenly starved for plat and hates relics than they will probably never go back to the derelict unless it's for fun or for nightwave once they have all the mods.

The monsters there can't even hurt anyone with a proper build, so I'm not sure what you think changing the keys will do.

Edited by Klokwerkaos