Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol

[DE]Megan

What happened to Garuda? In the past month her second ability (Blood Altar) is suddenly so much more "obstructed", despite the line of sight being as clear as day? (that's an exaggeration, suddenly many small objects like rails on bridges, bad angles due to floors, and the like are obstructing the ability, when before it didn't).
It feels like the the jump of the second ability is no longer accounted for the line of sight to the enemy in its calculations? Maybe?
It's kinda infuriating to use right now.

Please someone tell me if the previous behavior was a bug and this is just how it was supposed to work in the first place.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb MrHydralisk:

JACKAL is dies too easily, because legs have little HP, and the body is killed with a single finishing. 4 legs and 4 finishing pass very quickly. He even doesn't have time to demonstrate his abilities even against beginners. I wish the fight with him lasted longer.

I'd love a "veteran" setting / toggle for missions as an option, once the starchart is 100% finished. I think that would solve it. A simple level increase should players wish for it. No extra pay, just the challenge, so enemies can show off.

Edit: Seeing how DE always overdoes even the tiniest things I should probably add, that I didn't mean a +100lvl increase

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 1

After at least 10 fails, 10 Mortuus Armor pieces, 22 Stropha stocks and 8 Stahlta barrels, i finally got the Protea systems.
And now i really, really, seriously want to insult the people at DE, who are responsible for this. I want you to feel pain.

The same pain i felt going through that torture. I don't understand how i still love this game nontheless. This grind has NOTHING to do with fun. Seriously.

Edited by -Reinhardsson-
  • Like 2

The Bramma changes are disappointing, though not surprising. As it was, it was exactly everything I hoped for in an endgame Warframe weapon after hundreds of hours, several years, and numerous boss fights.

Even with proper aiming, I'm running out of ammo for it fairly frequently now, with vigilante supplies, and it's still very potent for high level enemies. The ammo capacity could be bumped up a bit. You already reduced the bomblet count. 

Edited by Scorn

On 2020-06-11 at 2:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Riven Disposition Changes:

When we introduced separate Dispositions for each weapon variant back in November 2019, we planned to give new weapons a Disposition of 1 (the “average”), or matching the lowest member of the weapon family if it already had a Disposition lower than 1. Unfortunately, this meant that powerful new weapons (like the Kuva Lich collection) might have Rivens that start too strong, forcing reductions in accordance with our balance methodology.

In order to prevent this situation, we will be changing this policy: going forward, all new weapons will be released with the minimum Riven Disposition of 0.5. For The Deadlock Protocol, this includes the Dispositions on newly added Primary Kitguns, in addition to regular weapons (secondary Kitgun Dispositions will remain as-is.)

so we will get balance changes ever 30 days?

otherwise, a gun that launched up from 0.1 per balance will take 3 years for the riven to be good to use, after all no buffs are significant, they are nerfs and buffs very light per swing (which is not bad) but to do a riven of a weapon will be good with launch at 0.5 it will take time for the riven to have any relevance.

another alternative would be for the buffs to be more meaningful, hence the periodicity every 4 months would not harm the new system so much.

if these points were taken into account, the change is positive, now if the behavior has not been changed (and from the experience we have with ED, something is usually changed but without changing the behavior of the person who makes the changes), then it is a negative change.

Edited by ZukeZima
translate error
  • Like 1

With Deadlock Protocol I've noticed that corpus deals much more dmg. I used to easly solo 20 rounds with od arbi disruption with my Inaros and, my Helios was out of lives at 15th round. Now at 12th round corpus mine one shoots me with my full life (8635), and Helios is dead at 4th. One of my in-mission mates has checked EE.log out.

Today I've experienced similar situation on arbi infestation survival, used to solo 120 minutes without any regards about mobs dmg with same Inaros. But today at ~32 min have been killed by Tar Mutalist Moa's yellow "pancake" while passing by it with full life.

All of that brings my following question: Is that general mobs boost or/and corpus "lifting", hidden Inaros nerf, or just yet another DE bug aka "feature"?

On 2020-06-11 at 7:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added login milestone reward blueprints (Zenistar, Azima, Zenith, and Sigma & Octantis) to Simaris' Offerings. 
    • Blueprints for each only appear in his Offerings if they have already been previously selected as login rewards.

If these can now be recovered through Simaris reputation, is there now any reason they stay unsellable? They could be sold at one point, and I feel a couple of them just clog up my inventory.

• Like 1

One big Thing:
STOP ADDING KNOCKDOWN TO THE GAME!!!

Now one asked for it and its freaking annoying as it is right now.

Imagine the following situation in Real Life:
You are going to the supermarket and wanna buy something BUT get every 3sec pushed by someone. 

Dont tell me that doesnt get on your nerves as well?

Everthing started with your Knockdown change so that when you try to get up you roll several metres before standing up...

Jackal already had Knockdown before his rework. Why did you guys thought it would be good idea to even increase that effect so get pushed back not just 5m no no no you get pushed back about 30m away... I would enjoy his new boss fight very much if there werent be his HUGE Knockdown mechanic (Yeah i know there things likee sure footed or passives that prevents getting knockdowned, but that doesnt solve the problem)

Knockdown is an of the majority hated mechanic. I dont want to say "remove it" but at least reduce it. It's just to much. It's like a salted soup... It's okay when you add it here and there but it's getting out of hands right now. You add it in every major Update which doesnt make any sense... Why must be so much Knockdown in the game???
Im pretty sure that whenever you guys rework Sergeant Boss that HE will get a Knockdown abilty as well...

Or when you adding new enemies. Most of them get Knockdown abilities. That results in less enjoyment of the game (at least for me)

Edited by ---Swaggi---
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-11 at 8:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Kuva Bramma Changes:

The Kuva Bramma has received balance changes to address it’s overwhelming chart topping usage. The Kuva Bramma still goes boom, and we look forward to your feedback once you’ve given it a try.

Full detail can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199010-kuva-bramma-changes-explanation-and-timeline/

• It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere.
  • Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
  • Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m.
  • Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage.
  • Updated the Kuva Bramnma description to include these changes:
    • This Grineer bow delivers vengeance in the form of cluster bomb-tipped arrows that can be detonated mid-air or on impact. Low quiver capacity, arrows are recovered singly.

I hate this 🙂

• Like 1

It's a minor thing but I feel really bad leaving Solairs prisoners behind. It's especially bad when they  are one a sabotage mission since it seems like you are leaving them to die. Could we get a way to free them even if we don't have a coin? Maybe only give like 20 standing for it or something? 

• Like 2

And you've done it again. You just can't help yourself, can you? For every good idea you have, you will come up with several ways to ruin it.

- The quest for Protea : the storytelling is good, but the quest and the missions are in no way engaging

- Granum void : here we go again, layer upon layer of RNG. When will you ever learn? That's that kind of decisions that ruin the experience. RNG is the laziest and the poorest thing to do to make us play the new game mode over and over again. It is not even fair, since some players will get every rewards quickly, while other will struggle with their bad luck for way too long. Getting the rewards based on scoring (like in scarlet spear) or through tokens (like vitus essence) would be way better : we would still have to play the game mode many times to get everything BUT we would see actual progression toward our goals. Cherry on the cake, you could add more rewards in the future to make us play this game mode again. As it is now, once players will get everything they want from it, they'll simply have no reason to touch it ever again.

- Jackal rework : it's nice, but...He's in no way more challenging than before, the fight just got needlessly slower. Generally speaking, putting patterns to boss fights on a game which is meant to be fast paced is not a very good idea, and the way you do it makes it even worse. As for the grapping hook animation, it's nice the first time you see it, but it's getting old real fast, and the fact you can't just pass it makes it boring. The change of room doesn't even have a point, apart from slowling us down more.

- Bramma "balancing" : So, basically, you just nerfed one of the weapons you added to kuva liches to make us hunt them, which many of us wouldn't have otherwise. And you did it because we liked it to much (what kind of justification is that anyway???). So long for the time we spent farming it and the formas we used on it, with no compensation whatsoever, of course. Yeah, it was overpowered, yeah it still is, just less efficient, and so what? Couldn't you see that coming when you designed it? If players tend to use it more than any other main weapon, is the bramma to blame for being too good, or are the other for not being enough? You gave your answer, not sure everyone will be pleased by it. It's not even the first time you play that kind of tricks on us.

- On the side note, the ways you've introduced in this update to slow us down, and the ways you've done it in previous updates show a pattern : you don't want us to be too efficient and powerful, but you have no clue on how to challenge us. So you come up with artifial and inconsistant means to pushing us back, which is clearly not the way to go. You can't keep up punishing players for putting to good use the tools you're giving them. It's giving the impression that your playerbase understand your own game better than you do, making you look like amateurs. You should really think this through to find ways to engage and challenge us, ways that doesn't look like constant backdowns, stop and go and blind shots.

To conclude, for your next updates, you should come up with ways to let players see their progression (in short : stop the RNG inferno), challenge them in fair ways ans stop messing up with their stuff.

Edited by Atalandros
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fodderbot said:

It's a minor thing but I feel really bad leaving Solairs prisoners behind. It's especially bad when they  are one a sabotage mission since it seems like you are leaving them to die. Could we get a way to free them even if we don't have a coin? Maybe only give like 20 standing for it or something? 

I agree with this.  While I'm sure that DE won't be listening to a mere player on this (they still haven't proven they listen to their own design council with the founders), the 300 - 900 Solaris U reputation for any level of the Granum Coin is not incentive to be saving the poor sods on the new ship tile set.  This requirement even for farmers of the game isn't incentive either when we can easily replenish our SU Rep from the minerals collected (as seen here):

Bq6m7W4.jpg

While I wouldn't dream of suggesting better payouts, I'm sure that DE knows full well where rewards for such Samaritan efforts would be better suited as payout.  Even as achievements for the Achievement Hunters.  

• Like 1

Spent my first coin on a prisoner, even though I know I need it for farming Protea and other stuff, and the prisoners are supposed to be the second option after you're done farming. With my second coin I walked past and it felt bad. 😢

• Like 1

Just letting you guys know that the whole glass maker investigation thing is nonsense. As soon as I messed up on one of the clues it tells me to get more of the resowhatever stuff. This immediately made me lose interest. Don't make me grind for messing up. If I mess up I should have to do something like, I don't know, fight a monster or navigate through a maze or something other than "go grind". There is enough grinding in this game. I dont appreciate being punished with more grinding. Once I earn enough resowhatever to go to that jumping part just let me try again if I mess up. Throw an obstacle in my way or tell me I'm stupid but dont make me grind. Life is enough of a grind. 

Sorry if I sound irritating about this whole thing, I know you guys try, I will still love you, but I don't care about this glassmaker thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronGMP5 said:

Just letting you guys know that the whole glass maker investigation thing is nonsense. As soon as I messed up on one of the clues it tells me to get more of the resowhatever stuff. This immediately made me lose interest. Don't make me grind for messing up. If I mess up I should have to do something like, I don't know, fight a monster or navigate through a maze or something other than "go grind". There is enough grinding in this game. I dont appreciate being punished with more grinding. Once I earn enough resowhatever to go to that jumping part just let me try again if I mess up. Throw an obstacle in my way or tell me I'm stupid but dont make me grind. Life is enough of a grind. 

Sorry if I sound irritating about this whole thing, I know you guys try, I will still love you, but I don't care about this glassmaker thing.

The Cephalite Resonances required for doing the rounds of investigation are set on a fixed timer for everyone logged in and you will show up in missions at regular intervals when you're on the time rotation (I am for about 20 minutes a mission because of my farming) and will get up to 20 Cephalite Resonance Fragments in about 2 - 4 missions.  

You can watch any twitch or mixer streamer in the game and when it pops for them, it'll pop for you too at about the same time. 

On 2020-06-11 at 7:15 PM, Inquizitor said:

Afaik the cracked one did not appear in codex. I might be wrong tho. But i had lots of scans of most things in game. Im pretty sure id have it there.

That's the thing, it wasn't a scanable object, it was part of the tileset.

New level design, musik and lighting: Good job! Really feels nice 🙂

Small idea for the primary kitguns: Make their main "bodies" (grip) bigger. Atm, they don't really look like primaries at all. They really need some size scaling.