Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol

[DE]Megan

After being gone for 5-6 months i updated the game and completed the new quest. & i must say that the protea boss is probably one of the worst things de has designed. after spending 20 mins watching it regen without a real explanation on what it was i was supposed to do i just aborted the mission... good start so far, this is like 45 mins in. After finding a forum post talking about what the mechanic was i tried again, still failed & ended up aborting. asked in chat & someone mentioned ivara. its a pretty sad state of the game if ivara was the best option for the crap lich system and now for bad boss design. Took ivara and completed the quest without 1/5th of the problem of the last two runs. Linking a boss mechanic to a bad weapon type isnt too much fun either. glaives are the least used weapon on my account for a reason. ill try again in a few weeks after the live testing is done. 

1 hour ago, Rinslaughter said:

After being gone for 5-6 months i updated the game and completed the new quest. & i must say that the protea boss is probably one of the worst things de has designed. after spending 20 mins watching it regen without a real explanation on what it was i was supposed to do i just aborted the mission... good start so far, this is like 45 mins in. After finding a forum post talking about what the mechanic was i tried again, still failed & ended up aborting. asked in chat & someone mentioned ivara. its a pretty sad state of the game if ivara was the best option for the crap lich system and now for bad boss design. Took ivara and completed the quest without 1/5th of the problem of the last two runs. Linking a boss mechanic to a bad weapon type isnt too much fun either. glaives are the least used weapon on my account for a reason. ill try again in a few weeks after the live testing is done. 

I think the design of the encounter itself was pretty cool, and the mechanics are explained in game. HOWEVER, a MAJOR and longstanding problem with the way the instructions are given remains: 

On 2020-06-11 at 7:30 PM, HLixir said:

The new Q & A chat tab sounds a lot like the job for guide of the lotus. Any plans on releasing a different version for Mantle of the Lotus?

UtYTBQD.png

They wont, like ever. 

• Like 2

On 2020-06-11 at 2:10 PM, [DE]Jengerer said:

Under the current default controls, LB should not be bound to Bank Left under Railjack controls (both of the bank actions are unbound by default). Is there a chance you've bound it to that explicitly at some point? At any rate you should be able to rebind it to "Move Down/Dodge/Blink" or just restore defaults and it should function correctly. Let me know if that doesn't help you, though.

Related to controller issues, thought I'd throw it out here: I saw mention in chat about some people having issues where LT would activate chat instead of aiming; if anyone has experienced this, please reply and let me know details about where you experienced this. Thanks!

After checking my settings, at least two were not on default, including the move/dodge/blink. I explicitly leave my settings at default just so that when problems like this arise it's easy to diagnose, so I can only surmise that the defaults were stealth changed in some previous hotfix. Regardless, I have reset to the current defaults.

This does not address the inability to perform Drift and Vector Manuevers, however. Can we get some acknowledgement that the team is aware of this problem and is looking into it?

Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

This does not address the inability to perform Drift and Vector Manuevers, however. Can we get some acknowledgement that the team is aware of this problem and is looking into it?

I've not seen any other reports besides yours that this is an issue, sadly, which is why I suspected it might be some configuration issue (which, as you mentioned, may indeed be an unexpected result of some of the recent changes I've made to address other controller issues). If possible, could you follow the instructions in this post of mine to get your EE.cfg/settings file to me so I can see if I can reproduce the issue on my end?

• Like 1

I hope DE is happy with their Bramma usage stats now, because I certainly won't be using it after these changes. The ammo economy is horrible on it, regardless of what they've done to the bomblets.

To think we could've had a nice endgame weapon for once, after so long and so many hours of game and grind. Back to Shedu and Fulmin.

Edited by Scorn

5 hours ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

I've not seen any other reports besides yours that this is an issue, sadly, which is why I suspected it might be some configuration issue (which, as you mentioned, may indeed be an unexpected result of some of the recent changes I've made to address other controller issues). If possible, could you follow the instructions in this post of mine to get your EE.cfg/settings file to me so I can see if I can reproduce the issue on my end?

I didn't get to play railjack yesterday after resetting my controls so I was unable to report this until now.

It would seem the issue is resolved. With Bank Left being bound to LB, it was likely interfering with the ability to activate a Vector, which then of course prevented access to Drifting. Restoring the keybinds to their now-current defaults seems to have put everything back as it's supposed to be and I can both Vector and Drift. I've just verified this in the Railjack Freeflight node.

I have been so confused and frustrated over this problem because I was unaware the keybinds were not on default. But it's all good now. Thank you so much for your help and patience, [DE]Jengerer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

I didn't get to play railjack yesterday after resetting my controls so I was unable to report this until now.

It would seem the issue is resolved. With Bank Left being bound to LB, it was likely interfering with the ability to activate a Vector, which then of course prevented access to Drifting. Restoring the keybinds to their now-current defaults seems to have put everything back as it's supposed to be and I can both Vector and Drift. I've just verified this in the Railjack Freeflight node.

I have been so confused and frustrated over this problem because I was unaware the keybinds were not on default. But it's all good now. Thank you so much for your help and patience, [DE]Jengerer.

No problem at all, glad to hear the issue has been resolved! ❤️

• Like 1

I'm late to be posting my feedback here, but I made a video that summarizes a lot of what I have to say. I'll post a very short TL;DW here, because the video is 20 minutes long and I know many of you are short on time.

1. Jackal bossfight is amazingly well done. Using the parazon in it is a good idea. The gameplay mechanics are good. The visual and sound effects are 10/10. Great job DE.

2. Corpus tileset update also 10/10. Putting lore/story elements into the tileset is good.

3. Thank you DE Sheldon and everyone else who worked on updating the pet system. This is in my opinion, the best thing about this update (even though it probably took less man-hours than the Jackal and tileset update.) Here is why this was so important and valuable to me: this is one of those small quality of life issues that was lingering around for a long time. Many people were aware of it. And it may have taken a lot of work to fix because it probably involved digging deep into older code in the game just to fix something that took maybe 8 seconds of time, but if you multiply 8 seconds of time for every player, every time they change pets, every month, every year...it adds up. Thanks again for updating the pet system. Seriously, please remember how important those quality of life things are.

4. Can we get a petmaster warframe please? (3-5 pets active at the same time)

5. Still waiting on DE to figure out how to give end-game players something actually hard to do. Hard mode is a nice solution for now, but I am concerned that it will divide the playerbase. We need good solution for the powercreep in Warframe. If you decide to nerf something and there is a big outcry among the playerbase, be aware that there's a silent portion of the playerbase that supports your decisions to rein in power and keep things balanced for the overall long-term health of the game.

6. Powercreep needs to be addressed. The game is getting huge and very complex. I can only imagine how difficult it is for DE to add things to the game that don't break old systems or create exploits, bugs, and other issues with powercreep or otherwise trivialize the game. I support DE in trying to find solutions to this problem. Please don't ignore it.

Here's the 20 minute video in case anyone wants to hear me rant about these subjects for awhile:

Edited by Flying_Scorpion
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I'm late to be posting my feedback here, but I made a video that summarizes a lot of what I have to say. I'll post a very short TL;DW here, because the video is 20 minutes long and I know many of you are short on time.

1. Jackal bossfight is amazingly well done. Using the parazon in it is a good idea. The gameplay mechanics are good. The visual and sound effects are 10/10. Great job DE.

2. Corpus tileset update also 10/10. Putting lore/story elements into the tileset is good.

3. Thank you DE Sheldon and everyone else who worked on updating the pet system. This is in my opinion, the best thing about this update (even though it probably took less man-hours than the Jackal and tileset update.) Here is why this was so important and valuable to me: this is one of those small quality of life issues that was lingering around for a long time. Many people were aware of it. And it may have taken a lot of work to fix because it probably involved digging deep into older code in the game just to fix something that took maybe 8 seconds of time, but if you multiply 8 seconds of time for every player, every time they change pets, every month, every year...it adds up. Thanks again for updating the pet system. Seriously, please remember how important those quality of life things are.

5. Still waiting on DE to figure out how to give end-game players something actually hard to do. Hard mode is a nice solution for now, but I am concerned that it will divide the playerbase. We need good solution for the powercreep in Warframe. If you decide to nerf something and there is a big outcry among the playerbase, be aware that there's a silent portion of the playerbase that supports your decisions to rein in power and keep things balanced for the overall long-term health of the game.

6. Powercreep needs to be addressed. The game is getting huge and very complex. I can only imagine how difficult it is for DE to add things to the game that don't break old systems or create exploits, bugs, and other issues with powercreep or otherwise trivialize the game. I support DE in trying to find solutions to this problem. Please don't ignore it.

Here's the 20 minute video in case anyone wants to hear me rant about these subjects for awhile:

il y a 32 minutes, Flying_Scorpion a dit :

Llego tarde para publicar mis comentarios aquí, pero hice un video que resume mucho de lo que tengo que decir. Publicaré un TL; DW muy corto aquí, porque el video dura 20 minutos y sé que muchos de ustedes tienen poco tiempo.

1. Jackal bossfight está increíblemente bien hecho. Usar el parazón en él es una buena idea. La mecánica del juego es buena. Los efectos visuales y sonoros son 10/10. Gran trabajo DE.

2. Actualización del conjunto de teselas Corpus también 10/10. Poner elementos de historia / historia en el juego de fichas es bueno.

3. Gracias DE Sheldon y todos los demás que trabajaron en la actualización del sistema de mascotas. Esto es, en mi opinión, lo mejor de esta actualización (a pesar de que probablemente tomó menos horas de trabajo que la actualización de Jackal y tileset). Esta es la razón por la cual esto fue tan importante y valioso para mí: esta es una de esas pequeñas cualidades de problemas de la vida que persistieron por mucho tiempo. Mucha gente lo sabía. Y puede haber tomado mucho trabajo arreglarlo porque probablemente implicaba profundizar en el código anterior del juego solo para arreglar algo que tomó tal vez 8 segundos de tiempo, pero si multiplicas 8 segundos de tiempo para cada jugador, cada vez que cambiar las mascotas, cada mes, cada año ... se suma. Gracias nuevamente por actualizar el sistema de mascotas. En serio, recuerde cuán importantes son esas cosas de calidad de vida.

4. ¿Podemos obtener un warframe petmaster por favor? (3-5 mascotas activas al mismo tiempo)

5. Todavía estoy esperando que DE descubra cómo darles a los jugadores finales algo realmente difícil de hacer. El modo difícil es una buena solución por ahora, pero me preocupa que dividirá la base de jugadores. Necesitamos una buena solución para el powercreep en Warframe. Si decides nerfear algo y hay una gran protesta entre la base de jugadores, ten en cuenta que hay una parte silenciosa de la base de jugadores que respalda tus decisiones de controlar el poder y mantener las cosas equilibradas para la salud general a largo plazo del juego.

6. Powercreep necesita ser abordado. El juego se está volviendo enorme y muy complejo. Solo puedo imaginar lo difícil que es para DE agregar cosas al juego que no rompen los sistemas antiguos o crean exploits, errores y otros problemas con powercreep o trivializan el juego. Apoyo a DE al tratar de encontrar soluciones a este problema. Por favor no lo ignores.

Aquí está el video de 20 minutos en caso de que alguien quiera escucharme hablar sobre estos temas por un tiempo:

translate to english

on topic number 3, I completely disagree, and you even hear yourself as a DE fanatic and not a critic (eye I love the work that DE does and warframe for me is the best game in the world), but what do you say about that the game or game engine avoided addressing the problem with pets, that does not make sense because that code does not sound nor is it difficult for computer science graduates, so it is one thing to ignore the problem and another is not to be able to change it due to the difficulty of the code, but the problem with warframe is that it almost always ignores the problems and I really appreciate that from the scarlet spear update (which was a disaster) they started to fix those problems.

traduccion al español (original)

sobre el tema numero 3, estoy completamente en desacuerdo, e incluso te escuchas como un fanático de DE y no un critico ( ojo que amo el trabajo que hace DE y warframe para mi es el mejor juego del mundo), pero lo que dices de que el juego o motor de juego evitaba abordar el problema con las pets, eso no tiene sentido porque ese código no suena ni es difícil para graduados de informática, osea que una cosa es ignorar el problema y otra es no poderlo cambiar por la dificultad del código, pero el problema de warframe es que casi siempre ignora los problemas y ojo de verdad agradezco que a partir de la actualización scarlet spear ( que fue un desastre) empezaran a arreglar esos problemas.

3 minutes ago, DestroyerF5 said:

on topic number 3, I completely disagree, and you even hear yourself as a DE fanatic and not a critic (eye I love the work that DE does and warframe for me is the best game in the world), but what do you say about that the game or game engine avoided addressing the problem with pets, that does not make sense because that code does not sound nor is it difficult for computer science graduates, so it is one thing to ignore the problem and another is not to be able to change it due to the difficulty of the code, but the problem with warframe is that it almost always ignores the problems and I really appreciate that from the scarlet spear update (which was a disaster) they started to fix those problems.

It's true that I don't have enough knowledge of computer science or coding to give a good evaluation on code, so I could be wrong about the amount of time and effort it takes to update the pet system in the game. I just wanted to emphasize the point: I appreciate it when they fix old systems like this. I want them to continue fixing old things in the game.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

A quick question regarding the new kubrow setup, how do I "put away" or "store" my kubrow again? I was wanting to revert my ship to being without a roaming kubrow, but I cannot find the function or button to do this. Asked some fellow Tenno and they did not know either. I do not want to consign my space-dogs, but I want to put them in "storage" so I do not have any kubrow running around the ship. Any chance I could get some assistance? What am I missing? Thanks in advance, DE.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

On 2020-06-11 at 2:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Pet Companion Stasis Removal:

this sucks, I really don't want a pet roaming around my ship all the time, it's annoying to "pet" it by accidente while trying to interact with anything else, let us disable it at very least. And their health keeps degradating, this is the worse update pets ever had... I'm considering selling my kavat, but I'm afraid another pet will take it's place roaming free around my ship... terrible idea very poorly implemented

Who in their right minds think that the Ostron syndicate offering UI is any better than literally every other syndicates'?

• It doesn't show total standing as you increase offering one by one,
  • it goes back one screen after you click / redeem instead of staying there,
  • you will have to re-enter offering quantity to readjust the amount,
  • and probably some other things I can't remember.

Everything is garbage now.

Edited by greyretz

Protea fight was terribly frustrating (yes, only just did it, I don't tend to do new content on release anymore), mostly due to how extremely clunky melee switching, and especially thrown melee are, and of course, the fact that switching between melee and ranged, or a gear item, still doesn't always swap you back to the correct weapon.

I did the fight as Titania, and switching from pixie-mode to ground and then somehow throwing melee all in a split second was a horrible headache. Not to mention that you have to "charge" the weapon, but I had no clue at all when it was actually charged barring just trial-and-error. If there was an indicator somewhere it definitely wasn't obvious enough to be seen while in combat.

Anyway, got it done, but definitely was a case of "Phew, hope I'm never going to have to deal with that again" rather than a "Yes, I did it!", kind of deal.

Edited by marelooke

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some dumb S#&$e in Warframe, but this gimmicky, boring, annoying, useless dogS#&$ mission tops it all. The only thing I get from this is RSI. What a festering pile of S#&$e. And that stupid S#&$ glassmaker "investigation". DE should just continue the intermission and not do SP-missions ever again instead of introducing these arbitrary dumbass gimmicks.

Not so much a bug as it is a suggestion based on this picture:  

TjuZHen.jpg

While I understand that this is supposed to be some vague example of a space map simulation, the fact that this is called a railjack and seems to work on the theory that our ships aren't really meant to be free floating through space entirely, but instead using some sort of energy rail system (as we see in the relays)...  Wouldn't it naturally suggest that the navigator should see the paths from point to point as easily as we see when we're doing ground missions?  

It's not as though we should know what the name of the point is as we're still rediscovering the space portion of this game...  However once completing the mission successfully, it would seem logical for the experienced (read: Veterans), to be able to see a path instead of simply fumbling through the map...  you know, like this?  

CuUX6PJ.jpg