Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75% Energy Effecientcy = Nova's Null Star Broken?

SoggyCow

I have the max 75% energy efficientcy and I noticed that when using a maxed Null Star skill, it only brings out 2 null stars. Is this right? If so, why wasn't it added in the update notes that Nova would be nurfed? Then, whats the point of upgrading the Null Star skill when you can only have 2 stars?

What Carillon said. There was no stealth nerf. You manually nerfed Null Star to oblivion, so its your own fault!

Okay, okay, I kid

But yes, Null Star is controlled by duration. Probably some sort of "Nova will continuously summon Null Star for x seconds", which gets improved or reduced with duration mods. So Fleeting Expertise = Nerfed Null Star, but more MPrime. The trade off is up to you.

What Carillon said. There was no stealth nerf. You manually nerfed Null Star to oblivion, so its your own fault!

Okay, okay, I kid

But yes, Null Star is controlled by duration. Probably some sort of "Nova will continuously summon Null Star for x seconds", which gets improved or reduced with duration mods. So Fleeting Expertise = Nerfed Null Star, but more MPrime. The trade off is up to you.

Is that a hint of balance I smell?

wow i wonder if all 3 would get me like.. 20 stars haha

Well, it should get you about 19 stars:

Normally 6

Narrow Minded gives you 99% duration, so that's 6 more

Continuity + Constitution gives you about 3

That said, its probably not that great of an idea unless you REALLY like Null Star, because no other powers use duration. In fact, with reduced range (from Narrow Minded), your MPrime will severely get nerfed in the process.

Granted it would be funny to see so many stars flying around Nova, there is no actual practicality to using +Duration mods with her.

Considering how easy Energy is to come by, and that Null Star only costs a base 25, why are you so concerned with getting as many stars as possible?  Just go with the base 6 stars and when they are used up resummon them.

Using Narrow Minded on Nova is a terrible idea.  Not only will it totally gimp MPrime, but don't forget that it will also reduce the range at which your Null Stars fly out to their target.  This means you will have to stand practically on top of enemies in order to activate your stars, and for a squishy frame like Nova that's not really the best idea.