Why does everyone want better rewards for hard mode?

50 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

No, they aren't free. It's a slot machine mechanic that takes a lot of players' time. And time is the most valuable currency in the attention economy. You're paying for every roll directly. If you gonna stick to direct strict semantic definitions of things you gonna miss a lot of stuff. Not just in game but in life in general.

Look at it in terms of game mechanics and you'll see what it means. There's a whole bunch of sections in the game that put their own spin on core game mechanics, or don't utilize some of them at all and introduce their own. Meaning, they don't always directly build on the existing gameplay and instead do their own thing. Archwing, Railjack, Conclave, Index and Arena, Kuva Liches, Plains and so on. In some cases the content is so drastically different it might as well be its own game.

"satisfying rewards" and "replayable content" 

It's not rocket science either. Here's an example:

When you play, say, a fighting game you engage in a highly replayable content where variety is derived from player to player interactions and intrinsic reward provided is the feeling of accomplishment of defeating your opponent, with an extrinsic reward of claiming some token progression in the rankings that would allow you to encounter more skilled opponents later.

People figured this out a long time ago and use those kind of mechanics in real life all the time. Games just parrot them to motivate their playerbase.

Spare me from this sentimental time is the most valuable thing thought. We are playing a video game that's all about grind and wasting time.

Well everything you brought as an example is not really an island. All of those just take the base concept and expand it to give variety, as I see it. Archwing and Railjack is the only exception from this because those just put you in an entire different situation. But even Railjack keeps the core of the game and uses It's own system with it almost equally.

I don't get the explaination of good rewards and sustainable content still. If you're impling that we need pvp. Just no. Leave pvp dead. Otherwise I'm guessing that you want a mode that's infinitely replayable which is impossible. No game is infinitely replayable because after a time you get bored of it.

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Spare me from this sentimental time is the most valuable thing thought.

Don't be silly. Time is one of universal currencies. The value of money to an individual, for example, comes directly from the value of time in its various aspects. You should think about it.

11 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

All of those just take the base concept and expand it to give variety,

That's the point. They don't "expand" on the base concept. They either restrict it in some way or another, like placing cooldowns and limitations on basic mechanics. Create their own separate value systems. Or replace basic mechanics with another set of mechanics altogether. You still have core gameplay on the starchart, fissures and kuva mission. And then these game modes that could often be their own game disconnected from the core gameplay. Not building upon it, but branching in their own direction. It's not variety, it's inconsistency.

18 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't get the explaination of good rewards and sustainable content still. If you're impling that we need pvp. Just no. Leave pvp dead. Otherwise I'm guessing that you want a mode that's infinitely replayable which is impossible. No game is infinitely replayable because after a time you get bored of it.

No, I used a fighting game as an example. I said nothing about having pvp in Warframe. To have PvP Warframe should have been built specifically for it from the start. I wasn't suggesting any game modes either. Nor did I ever mention "infinite" replayability. You've completely misunderstood what I've been saying.

Games could be structured in a way to provide replayability for the existing content through veriety of tools and tool combinations that a player can employ in accomplishing the same task; and to incentivize continuous player participation intrinsic and extrinsic rewards are designed into the experience. 

Society is structured in the same way. Games just copy it. You really should give it a thought.

• Like 1

@844448 those are widespread terms, and I'm not obliged to explain it to someone who ignores the explanations given and responds with irrational nonsense. Your answers are present. Feel free to rest on straw men if you wish though. 

Posted (edited)
On 2020-07-25 at 1:51 AM, JackHargreav said:

Good because Sp has some rewards.

Btw I don't get if everyone has the gear to complete the starchart with extra 100 levels what kind of rewards do they expect?

What can De add to the rewards? Even more powerful weapons and mods?

@AperoBeltaTwo Yes what Godly rewards are you expecting? Anything to make the game easier? This is exactly the reason why players keep repeating year after year, content is too dry and easy. A quick example was Kuva Bramma, God like weapon that killed everything. Within the first few days everyone who wanted some challenge hated the weapon because random Bramma mains were random shooting and destroying the entire concept of star chart missions and sorties.

Adding God like rewards will make this game even more broken.

I believe the next statement players will say is "We need Saryn ability damage to scale in hard mode because of the grind. If we need to grind we need scaled killing abilities. We need to speed the grind up so give us buffed ability damage." This will be a sad day when I hear this from the community. They should have never even made this mode.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 2020-07-25 at 7:16 AM, BernieBlack said:

Right now the perspective is theres a mode that you can only access at the END of the game and can only beat with your best gear or some wit

Ive completed nodes with no mods equipped on frame or weapons. No end game gear needed. All you need to do is understand the mechanics of staying alive aka Shield Gating. Yes it takes longer but it counters the theory of "best gear."

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Yes what Godly rewards are you expecting? Anything to make the game easier?

Look up my earlier messages in the topic. I wasn't talking about "godlike" rewards that make the game easier. 

Also, difficulty is overrated. I think people invoke difficulty in Warframe when they don't really know what they want and just have to say something. Nobody really cares about the game being difficult. What people really want, I think, is for the game to validate the hundreds and thousands of hours of grind people spent on collecting all this gear that in reality has no purpose for the most part. People want to actually play the game now, with all the gear and knowledge they've gathered over the time of their playthrough; that would also be worth future time investment. Today you're building your account for nothing. This looter shooter provides no reason to collect all this loot. Warframe doesn't have a flagship content.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo
  • Like 2

Ghost of Tsushima for the WIN!

Adios MF'n Warframe.....

Who's w/ me???

Ya'll be arguing over something that was posted as....w/o the word "sh*t" rewards. It was to be a challenge for the few who complained incessantly....

See ya!

Edited by (PS4)JohnWickHitman
  • Like 1
On 2020-06-26 at 10:30 AM, Felsagger said:

Hard mode should be the reward itself. 

Arrived late, just came back from a well deserved Warframe break and I see this post--this comment...wow. Just disgusting. Not sure I could devalue your time any further than that and even considering Steel Path 'hard mode' is primed sadness. This game, literally any mode aside from the Sumo boi missions( ah Grendel excuse me but he's forgettable) are a breeze. 

Here's a Discord post from earlier this year: "*Morthal* 01/19/2020
I'll settle for Difficulty at mission select, with highest setting that offers lvl 200 enemies from the start and scaling rewards + 50% ALL boosters." 

So here we are now, I just added a Forma to Baruuk and went to town in Steel Path Tamu on the Kuva Fortress, from lvl 1-30 it was ezpz. No incentive to level up with a challenge (lol where?) rather than cheese Adaro or ESO. Once again it's stale bread from DE. I love these guys though because they're consistent with their disappointing content.

Edited by Morthal