Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metus Armor no longer fits on Helminth Metus Skin

Teletric

Before the update, the Metus Armor used to fit perfectly on the Helminth Metus skin, looking as if it were part of the skin itself. After the update, it is floating above the skin, as seen in this image: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2127361142

EDIT: It has been about 2 months and this issue still persists. As others have pointed out in this thread, the Metus armor only has this issue with the Helminth Metus skin, which is very sad as that is the very skin that the armor was designed for. When I spent 225 platinum for the Nidus Phryke Bundle, I did not pay for the quality of its contents to decrease in the future.

UPDATE 09/17/20: In Update 28.3.1, there was a temporary "fix" of sorts that created an additional physique tab. This allowed us to equip an item called "LotusCompanionCustomization" which fixed the armor issue when equipped, but since it went away in Update 29, the armor is broken again. I would like to add that the armor only floats when you have the companion equipped. If you do not have it equipped and it is roaming the orbiter, the armor fits perfectly fine.

• 1 month later...

It is the 26th of July, 2020, and I'd like it to be known that this is still going on and I don't know how to fix it. It is my favorite skin on my favorite pet and it's disheartening that it looks so deformed with sections missing because they do not have polygons as those parts should be freshly against the skin.

I'll back this up. This has been a bug for a number of updates now, and it pains me to see the issue going unresolved.

I've noticed that the Metus skin, while applied to a regular Kubrow, seems to have the Metus armor fit to it normally. Flush to its bodily shape, no issues to be seen. When applied to an actual Helminth Charger alongside the matching Metus armor set, the armor mismatches the companion's bodily frame, looking like it's trying to fit to a wide-framed Kubrow.

Spoilered is another image of the bug in question. The collar was formerly flush to the skin of the Charger. Similarly, the head, upper/lower back and tail attachments are also floating free from the actual body itself.

Spoiler

34NiYxW.png

On 2020-07-27 at 10:52 AM, TheMightyDRGN said:

I'll back this up. This has been a bug for a number of updates now, and it pains me to see the issue going unresolved.

I've noticed that the Metus skin, while applied to a regular Kubrow, seems to have the Metus armor fit to it normally. Flush to its bodily shape, no issues to be seen. When applied to an actual Helminth Charger alongside the matching Metus armor set, the armor mismatches the companion's bodily frame, looking like it's trying to fit to a wide-framed Kubrow.

Spoilered is another image of the bug in question. The collar was formerly flush to the skin of the Charger. Similarly, the head, upper/lower back and tail attachments are also floating free from the actual body itself.

Hide contents

34NiYxW.png

THIS 1000% THIS!!!! I freaking LOVE this skin and now it's just floating just off its body and missing where it should be. It's driving me mad!

Recently switched from xbox to pc and when i got my helminth charger and metus skin, I noticed that the armor was hovering over terribly. I came to see if any others were having the same issue and it seems this has been here for a while and I hope this can get fixed fairly soon. pls give my infested boi his needed fix please...

• 3 weeks later...

This issue has since reappeared with Update 29. Formerly, Update 28.3 had a 'physique' tab on the Helminth Charger companion that allowed the player to select the correct bodytype for the associated armor they were wearing. This resulted in the correct appearance. Despite not being listed within the patch notes, it was a pleasant surprise to see that the problem might've atleast been acknowledged, with the 'fix' having been deployed to assist players having the issue.

The new major update seems to have removed the physique tab however. In addition to this, it has reverted any of the physique changes - resulting in the armor once again taking on the incorrect appearance. This change was not documented within the patch notes.

It is rather disappointing to not be able to have any armor fit on the Helminth Charger and the associated Metus skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived