Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Vortex+Ogris Dont Work Anymore

Dreamingfur

someone doesn't read the patch notes:

"

The ogris isn't a continuous fire AoE weapon. That's talking about the cone spray weapons.

The Ogris has always interacted weird with vortex. It seems to "hit" the vortex as if it were a solid object encasing the targets. I'm not sure if it's changed or you're just having bad luck, but I've always preferred the Torid for use with Vortex Vauban. Are you using a penetration mod on the ogris? That helped it hit the vortex targets for me, but has quite a few drawbacks in normal use.

Edited by Zamte

The ogris isn't a continuous fire AoE weapon. That's talking about the cone spray weapons.

The Ogris has always interacted weird with vortex. It seems to "hit" the vortex as if it were a solid object encasing the targets. I'm not sure if it's changed or you're just having bad luck, but I've always preferred the Torid for use with Vortex Vauban. Are you using a penetration mod on the ogris? That helped it him the vortex targets for me, but has quite a few drawbacks in normal use.

its an aoe weapon hence it applies. No where did the patch note say "only cone weapons"

Do you not understand that vortex ragdolls enemies and that's why you were getting higher damage? It was fixed. Move on. 

The Ogris has always interacted weird with vortex. It seems to "hit" the vortex as if it were a solid object encasing the targets. I'm not sure if it's changed or you're just having bad luck, but I've always preferred the Torid for use with Vortex Vauban. Are you using a penetration mod on the ogris? That helped it him the vortex targets for me, but has quite a few drawbacks in normal use.

yeap, was thinking that (because before i was using Shred) but i take it out because it's hard to hit enemys whit it... so i'll try to put it again, but the same, dont work (whit or whitout penetration mod)

its an aoe weapon hence it applies. No where did the patch note say "only cone weapons"

Do you not understand that vortex ragdolls enemies and that's why you were getting higher damage? It was fixed. Move on. 

You are incorrect. All of the words matter.

Continuous AoE means the cone fire weapons. Those are the only ones which are both continuous, and AoE. Things like the flux rifle, supra, and synapse are continuous but not AoE. Things like the Torid and Ogris are AoE but not continuous.

Most likely what was happening with the ragdolls was that the damage dealing particles were flowing through the enemy ragdoll, doing damage externally as well as internally to other parts of the model. This isn't a concern for a weapon like the Ogris which hits one single time (per rocket).

irrelevant, because its the aoe combined with the ragdoll that caused the extra damage. It wasn't the weapon that was bugged and fixed it was the enemy, hence it effects all aoe weapons equally. 

No, it is not, it's the continuous flow of damaging particles, an effect unique to continuous weapons, which caused the extra damage. If it wasn't then this issue would extend to the ogris, the torid, as well as any bow equipped with thunderbolt. It didn't.

As somebody who's main two weapons are the flux rifle (continuous but not AoE), and the Ogris (AoE but not continuous), I can tell you that neither got any such damage boost. Meanwhile my clan leader was making comments from the very first time he used his ignis that it did way more damage to enemies he had just used pull on.

Only weapons which are BOTH AoE and Continuous had this issue. That only applies to the two weapons they listed, which is why they listed them.