Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward Weapons in Simaris Offerings.

Joe_Barbarian

Just got told the good news!

Added login milestone reward blueprints (Zenistar, Azima, Zenith, and Sigma & Octantis) to Simaris' Offerings. 
Blueprints for each only appear in his Offerings if they have already been previously selected as login rewards.

I fought for this 2 years ago (this method was an idea I threw around a lot) but stopped after DE Steve mocked players that sold their login weapons for credits (typically the Azima) watched a case unfold that a player who had waited over 300 login days to petition support to get his Azima back (and succeeded where all others failed). I quit playing Warframe on the day DE Steve laughed on stream at us. I swore I would comeback if they brought these weapons back somehow. That was 18 months ago.came back for a couple days during Railjack but I'll address that in a moment.

What do I have to come back to?

• Trials are gone. Eidolons are elitist. Public groups and trying to form a group is toxic as #*!%.
  • Railjack, oh railjack. Gave it a chance I really did. Wanted to like it but I've seen more common sense in dogs scratching their ass on the grass than I have with publicly made "premades"
  • I heard about railjack and normal missions being able to cooperate like 2 separate groups of 4 achieving a single goal. Watched and was drastically disappointed at the level over-hyped interactions that were going on. The interaction was something similar to EVE Online on PC and Dust 514 on Playstation 3. A player could shoot the weapon for the console players but if there wasn't a player a NPC would take their place. Dust 514 to its credit did play a part in faction warfare in lowsec on EVE so Dust 514 had more interaction than Warframe does with railjack.
  • Fashion Frame. Now that Phantasy Star Online 2 is out that has thousands of more customisation options than Warframe. Sorry but PSO2 > Warframe.
  • There is no difficulty, the difficulty comes from being in public groups and depending on if the average IQ broke double digits or not would dictate how much you was going to drag your face across gravel.
  • RSI, wrist injury as a kid, I can sit and play PSO2 / LoL / R6 Siege for a 3/4 hours without it being too much of a strain. Warframe? Hour tops on a good day to keep up with the friends I do occasionally play with.
  • Lastly the bugs I faced coming back and doing the new content, oh are you #*!%ing kidding me. Bugs that were apparently in the game 6 months prior to me returning for railjack and that are STILL in the game TO THIS DAY. 

All in all, thank you DE for FINALLY putting these blueprints in the game, but I won't be coming back. Had 18 months to sell it to me. This chapter is now closed for me, I can have peace of mind that finally you guys did the right thing. So congratulations to those getting their Azima back I know there are people out there that have waited well over 3 years for this. Thanks for all the fun times.

• Like 1

Awwww. Sad as it is to see you being done with Warframe (at least until significant changes pique your curiosity, I'm sure), I'm really glad you've got other games to play!

A lot of other games do some things differently and arguably better. DC Universe online for example has an awesome user interface and inventory options. And All Points Bulletin would let a person customize their facial features. Playing other games offers a wealth of input for how things could be done differently; it's one of the reasons why traveling the real world is a valuable experience for people.

The devs supposedly have bigger hopes for railjack. They were struck with a hard bit of luck going on vacation right before the virus outbreak, but they've put forward some good changes in my opinion, to make it a more inviting experience to newer players. There is much that can be done.

Hard Mode is supposedly still in the works. The devs even pointed out how it was mentioned as a proposal they were considering like 3 years ago. Giving players the challenge they want is a... well it's a challenge in itself.

Old bugs die hard. Yup. DE has a well known struggle smoothing over old content. Like the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory, when he got lost in his old lab one day and it was explained that he always abandoned old inventions whenever he made something new. Still, at least they're aware of it to some extent and seem to be trying in some places. They certainly care about the new player experience right now it seems.

Pub matches. People are people, right? Haha! Can't blame DE for stuff the community does to themselves. Private matches and solo exist for a reason.

But yeah. Good luck on your travels. Hope you find greener pastures out there.

Any parting advice for things that might bring you back in the future?

37 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Awwww. Sad as it is to see you being done with Warframe (at least until significant changes pique your curiosity, I'm sure), I'm really glad you've got other games to play!

A lot of other games do some things differently and arguably better. DC Universe online for example has an awesome user interface and inventory options. And All Points Bulletin would let a person customize their facial features. Playing other games offers a wealth of input for how things could be done differently; it's one of the reasons why traveling the real world is a valuable experience for people.

The devs supposedly have bigger hopes for railjack. They were struck with a hard bit of luck going on vacation right before the virus outbreak, but they've put forward some good changes in my opinion, to make it a more inviting experience to newer players. There is much that can be done.

Hard Mode is supposedly still in the works. The devs even pointed out how it was mentioned as a proposal they were considering like 3 years ago. Giving players the challenge they want is a... well it's a challenge in itself.

Old bugs die hard. Yup. DE has a well known struggle smoothing over old content. Like the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory, when he got lost in his old lab one day and it was explained that he always abandoned old inventions whenever he made something new. Still, at least they're aware of it to some extent and seem to be trying in some places. They certainly care about the new player experience right now it seems.

Pub matches. People are people, right? Haha! Can't blame DE for stuff the community does to themselves. Private matches and solo exist for a reason.

But yeah. Good luck on your travels. Hope you find greener pastures out there.

Any parting advice for things that might bring you back in the future?

My overall issue is that Digital Extremes make enough money that they cant hide behind the excuse of a indie game company or this is just alpha/beta. They admitted themselves they won't do a full release as then there would be expectations to actually fix and update the game. Practically abusing the system. Just for the sake of not having a possible argument with anyone, what I call abuse you might call clever thinking.

Railjack
This is just another grind bonanza. I have a pimped out railjack with most of my skills nearly maxed. But instead of a running (bullet jumping) you are flying in space and looting. Oh and guns that go BRRRRRRRR or oooooooBOOM or pew pew. I see that railjack has the potential. It should have been released with everything instead of "Well here is chapter 1 of X but we are still working on it" Which is like every other part of the game. (note my feelings on the overall issue)

Hard Mode
I actually forgot about that its been so long. My fear is that it'll release half finished, riddled with bugs and take an additional 6 months to work out the kinks before.

Old bugs die hard.
This I call b/s. The Ropalolyst fight was out for 6 months before I even touched it, multiple threads reporting bugs, I even added a thread to that pile. And as far as I'm aware those steaming pile of S#&$ of a "boss fight" is still the exact same when I played it and that was what 6 months ago? So a full year, still screwed. There is no excuse for this. Vacation & Covid-19 is no excuse for game breaking bugs to exist for over a year.

Public Matches
My point about public matches and public premade matches are that people are idiots. DE isn't the problem on this one my point was more focused on when you don't want (or cant) do something solo (like railjack) you have to deal with Tom, $&*^ and Harry. Tom is out on his Archwing playing ping pong in the asteroids. $&*^ is on the side gun getting beating up by the boarding crew and Harry, not seen him for weeks, last I checked he got himself stuck to the hull because he wanted to lick the ice buildup.
I will say i have had some good matches with some good people in premades and made some friends but as my last posts says RSI, it gets real bad when you are in a group and you are trying to keep up with the rest of the team. Idiots are good for me sometimes, it means I dont have to rush, but idiots are still frustrating.

Parting Advice.
In R6 siege they had "Operation Health" where they said "hey, we need time to not focus on content but to fix the current content" they spent 3 months focusing on nothing but the health of the game. Because there was no content for that quarter that meant is was a 6 month between content releases. That can kill a game especially a game that was only out little over a year.

Warframe: Operation Health - I want to hear that DE are going to stop with half finished content drops, focus on the health of the game, actually fix bugs. When they come back to releasing content it's not riddled with bugs at the start. Actually god damn play test it.

PLAY TEST THE NEW STUFF!! - Here is an idea: Guides of the Lotus (placeholder name) make it a play testing group. Say 50-200 players that actively participate in playing the content EARLY to weed out little bugs before it hits general population. Give them some sweet cosmetics. Easy to check who doesn't log in so you can kick and replace them. EASY LIFE. (Honestly 100% would legit come back if I was a play tester just saying)

Stop using the alpha / beta title as a crutch, we all get it, they don't want the commitment of saying "it's finished" or whatever but don't rest on it as a god damn excuse.

I honestly like(d) this game, but I don't see DE taking the development of the game seriously so in turn I cant take them seriously.

21 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Just for the sake of not having a possible argument with anyone, what I call abuse you might call clever thinking.

Stop using the alpha / beta title as a crutch

I kind of feel that patchwork games are becoming the norm these days. I'll grant you it's a total cop out to hold on to the beta title, but it's more of a formality at this point.

It'd be interesting if in the future of gaming culture, alpha and beta become more related to style of content rather the stage of release. Like, alpha would be indie-style breakneck updates with close input to developers, whereas beta would be more larger studio distant updates while also being frequent and patchy. Then legislation on gaming could maybe make it so anything after being self described as beta could only see major updates through DLC (paid or otherwise) and frequent patches could initiate some kind of industry complaint that their game shouldn't have passed quality standards since it was so buggy and people should be authorized for refunds if they'd like to return a game, regardless of date since purchase.

20 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I see that railjack has the potential. It should have been released with everything instead of "Well here is chapter 1 of X but we are still working on it" Which is like every other part of the game. (note my feelings on the overall issue)

Hard to say what that even looks like. There's the tennocon preview with all the promises they made, but who knows what the end goal is at this point after getting the Jarjar Binks treatment from the players.

I will say that I wish very much they would give the missions some different names. "Skirmish" doesn't tell me if the node has a satellite or a galleon that I'll be invading or if there's a commander to take down.

22 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

when you don't want (or cant) do something solo (like railjack)

They actually patched up railjack to be more solo friendly. True, it's a still a bit of a pain and not really viable in void proxima, but most of is doable. They've limited the number of disasters on board, weakened the enemies, strengthened to ship weapons, streamlined the mods, created the valence fusion upgrade to save on resources and cut down on grind. And just now they put in the option to join any open mission. So they're trying and hurting to make it work.

25 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

PLAY TEST THE NEW STUFF!!

They might have started doing this, actually. It's unsure of how much they'll utilize it, but before the last railjack update, they sent out invitations for a test batch server. They used input from those players to guide snap updates which has prevented, at a guess from usual, maybe 7 hotfixes.

There's a lot they could do with the test batch servers and I'm hoping they keep using them.

28 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I want to hear that DE are going to stop with half finished content drops

I'm still waiting to see what happens with The New War, yeah. So many unanswered questions. And the current nightwave isn't exactly telling us how often things will come around. I the first part was like 3 weeks from the second part? There are 3 more parts still to come.

Though that might not be exactly what you mean, is it. Unfolding stories aren't the same at things not being finished. Some games put in road blocks for things they're still working on, I think.

31 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

This I call b/s. The Ropalolyst fight was out for 6 months before I even touched it

Old bugs were new bugs once. The devs have fickle priorities.

For example, just shooting really far back for the bug I like to bring up that has never been fixed: the mining cavern tram. When I hack the tram and it switches tracks

so it can be rode, sometimes it glitches out and send a false tram or gets jammed along the way. Or sometimes it transfers over but the button doesn't work. That's been there nearly since the game started and has never been fixed.

I like all the map interactions. like that. Sure, I don't use them so often, but I think they're cool features.

38 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I actually forgot about that its been so long. My fear is that it'll release half finished,

I know I probably won't be doing it. I have enough trouble with the average gameplay. Hopefully it at least works, yeah.

I have to wonder if there's a better way than... do they call it power creeping? Like, how to make people feel like they're doing the kind of damage they want to be doing while being rewarded for making progress.

Would it maybe be good to have some kind of payoff to tell people they're done and it's as good as it's going to get? Would that be worse to see some message like "this is the best build you can do, expect enemies to melt. Easy mode unlocked, you shall walk effortlessly over their corpses so long as they don't see you first"? Of course, not so long winded as that, but something to imply that challenge will drop with more effective builds. Something to really say that what you're building for is to customize your own experience with the game, rather than make the most efficient build possible. Maybe my idea there would turn people away; might make it lose purpose somehow and expose the game play side of things. I know whenever I bring that up people talk about the power fantasy, whatever that means.

55 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

(Honestly 100% would legit come back if I was a play tester just saying)

I think the invites were semi-random. I don't know how people got picked. I can say that I wasn't on the list, so they weren't giving special treatment to founders or anything like that. Maybe someday you'll receive a random offer in an email. That'll be the day,eh?

57 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I don't see DE taking the development of the game seriously so in turn I cant take them seriously.

Guess we can only count on them at face value then. Grain of salt level of faith developments. At least they surprise us with good stuff from time to time.

As a broader point though, again I want to say I'm glad you'll be looking around at other games, which will give you a perspective for what's possible in the industry and what feels good for you, so you can learn not just more about games... but about yourself and what you want.

I've gotten semi-trapped in Warframe. This is what I play these days.