Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Catchmoon might need a buff.

Caliboom

8 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Don't know if it's just me, but for some reason it performs badly against level 100+ Grineer, even at close range. It needs a buff of some kind.

its not very good in general, even the secondary one wasnt that good against higher level enemies

it got a nerf cause its good enough to wipe standard star chart enemies and only required a few missions to get so newer players literally just needed to get that and finish standard game content without every having to look at another weapon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

its not very good in general, even the secondary one wasnt that good against higher level enemies

it got a nerf cause its good enough to wipe standard star chart enemies and only required a few missions to get so newer players literally just needed to get that and finish standard game content without every having to look at another weapon

Wrong order there, it got nerfed because of all the MR25+ that were only using Catchmoon, not anybody MR5-.

15 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

I don't like Kitguns at all... but I will say a heavily invested Catchmoon can blow up level 188 Aerolysts pretty easily (Scarlet Spear). I built a Kitgun just to be able to blow up all of his little glass canisters but found he goes down just as quickly with Catchmoon.

Honestly? I hope they don't buff these primary Kitguns too much (or at all). I don't want a repeat of history.

Edited by nslay

2 hours ago, nslay said:

I don't like Kitguns at all... but I will say a heavily invested Catchmoon can blow up level 188 Aerolysts pretty easily (Scarlet Spear). I built a Kitgun just to be able to blow up all of his little glass canisters but found he goes down just as quickly with Catchmoon.

Honestly? I hope they don't buff these primary Kitguns too much (or at all). I don't want a repeat of history.

i didnt invest heavily, maybe 2 forma and i didnt even bother till after the nerf but maxing the thing out for critical, anything like a heavy gunner around level 60 or higher, it does 80 maybe 100 damage per shot, which for me is useless, playing mostly solo, ill run out of ammo before i kill 1 heavy gunner

only benefit is it causes stagger in a group of enemies

from just playing around with them i feel like rattle and gaze are better then catchmoon and tombfinger, i also believe tombfinger hits a bit harder then catchmoon now but oh boy with that recoil

48 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

i didnt invest heavily, maybe 2 forma and i didnt even bother till after the nerf but maxing the thing out for critical, anything like a heavy gunner around level 60 or higher, it does 80 maybe 100 damage per shot, which for me is useless, playing mostly solo, ill run out of ammo before i kill 1 heavy gunner

only benefit is it causes stagger in a group of enemies

from just playing around with them i feel like rattle and gaze are better then catchmoon and tombfinger, i also believe tombfinger hits a bit harder then catchmoon now but oh boy with that recoil

I don't think you tried hard enough to make it work. I took the build I used for Aerolysts during Scarlet Spear and was able to kill a level 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in a few shots. And that's not even exploiting Viral or anything like that... Granted, my bleed Kuva Chakhurr or Exergis can do it in one shot. It's still not as bad as 80 or 100 damage! And it's definitely able to down level 188 Aerolysts pretty quickly.

Spoiler

CyJAsPG.jpg

Spoiler

7SWonfX.jpg

As you can see from my Kitgun's name... I don't really think too much of Kitguns (especially this one with the super low fire rate).

I recently used this Kitgun for the Pistol-Only Disruption Gift of the Lotus. I did it solo with Gauss (to make using it feel less like I'm banging my head on the wall!).

32 minutes ago, nslay said:

I don't think you tried hard enough to make it work. I took the build I used for Aerolysts during Scarlet Spear and was able to kill a level 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in a few shots. And that's not even exploiting Viral or anything like that... Granted, my bleed Kuva Chakhurr or Exergis can do it in one shot. It's still not as bad as 80 or 100 damage! And it's definitely able to down level 188 Aerolysts pretty quickly.

oh yea i deff didnt try hard cause i didnt see a point, they arnt very good imo, my ak stilettos, my kuva stubbas, my aklex, i have a bunch of weapons that feel better and kill or damage way more  (catchmoon just reminds me of sonicor before they killed it, then they apparently killed the catch moon lol, tombfinger is decent but that recoil is nuts, and hella slow fire rate if you build for crits, gaze and rattleguts or whatever felt better to me personally but rattleguts does lower damage then everything else and its firerate doesnt seem to make up for it and gaze seems to have the most gimped range of any beam weapon ive used, and it sometimes lol like sometimes i hit that guy on the steps from here, sometimes i cant lol)

i also dont have fully maxed out versions of some cards yet cause i just dont feel like farming dupes or buying them, like my magnum force is only upgraded enough so another mod can balance the accuracy lose cause i run it on multiple setups, i think i got it half way to maxed

my  primed pistol gambit and target cracker i just never leveled all the way cause i dont play enough regularly to ever have credits to do that lol

Edited by Tokens210

3 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

oh yea i deff didnt try hard cause i didnt see a point, they arnt very good imo, my ak stilettos, my kuva stubbas, my aklex, i have a bunch of weapons that feel better and kill or damage way more  (catchmoon just reminds me of sonicor before they killed it, then they apparently killed the catch moon lol, tombfinger is decent but that recoil is nuts, and hella slow fire rate if you build for crits, gaze and rattleguts or whatever felt better to me personally but rattleguts does lower damage then everything else and its firerate doesnt seem to make up for it and gaze seems to have the most gimped range of any beam weapon ive used, and it sometimes lol like sometimes i hit that guy on the steps from here, sometimes i cant lol)

i also dont have fully maxed out versions of some cards yet cause i just dont feel like farming dupes or buying them, like my magnum force is only upgraded enough so another mod can balance the accuracy lose cause i run it on multiple setups, i think i got it half way to maxed

my  primed pistol gambit and target cracker i just never leveled all the way cause i dont play enough regularly to ever have credits to do that lol

Well, I don't think it's all that fun to use owing to its really low fire rate, but it worked superbly in today's Pistol-Only Jackal Sortie. Take the build I attached and swap Primed Heated Charge with Pathogens rounds. Then you can 5-shot each leg with Catchmoon. Use Arcane Velocity to make it less bad... I am ashamed to say that this is my hardest hitting secondary...

Now I wonder if the primary Catchmoon Kitgun can do that! If not, it probably should be buffed.

The Catchmoon got Ember'd and the primary version of it seems to have inherited the stupid, unnecessary nerf.

The Plasmor might escape this fate, though, providing it doesn't get nerfed in the same patch they add hard and very hard mode. The usage stats for all these weapons is going to plummet through the floor when people realize that they scale horribly without something propping them up somehow. Yes, even the Plasmor. This is important because that's the only metric DE responds to. They don't care what the objective, overall power level of a weapon is, just how many people are using it.

On the flip side, since the armor rework, the Plasmor specifically no longer scales so badly as to become completely uncompetitive past level 100 or so. Catchmoon died an unfortunate early death because, as it turns out, a gun having an effective range that is outperformed by most melee weapons is kinda a problem. :facepalm:

DE really surprises me with how blind they can be sometimes.

• Like 1

They didn't want a catchmoon mark 2 situation. They'd rather give us a piece of crap that they can buff through riven disposition in a year from now. Its a terrible method from any players point of view im sure, but here we are.

• Like 1