Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.2

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Slightly increased the radius range of Corpus Security Cameras in the Corpus Ship as many cameras are now too far away from doors to actually affect them.

So, hired a contractor to upgrade the house and install security cameras....the cameras end up in the wrong places...having to fix the cameras...at additional cost of course.

How does this happen? I mean...isn't a security system is meant to provide security.

3 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

So, hired a contractor to upgrade the house and install security cameras....the cameras end up in the wrong places...having to fix the cameras...at additional cost of course.

How does this happen? I mean...isn't a security system is meant to provide security.

what are you talking about

Let's review the ongoing experience with the new content....because it's getting quite sour faster than I thought it would.

The Jackal is pretty broken.  There were several times it decided to not engage the finisher animation after its attack.  Four rotations or so later it started working.  Let's also talk AI.  The organic pets are stuck on the ground, but space ninjas are not.  The Jackal can wipe a pet consistently when playing solo, at low levels.  It isn't exactly a beginner fight if you'd just hatched a kubrow, and their inability to dodge a damage wall one shots them.  Despite this, it's a beginner boss?  Rounding out the stupidity, all legs can get damaged, fine.  The boss moves around, so point damage is much slower due to constant movement.  If you've got an amprex it's idiot proof.  Again, beginner boss?  The Sergeant is less of a problem, later in the game, and functionally has no plans to be reworked (as announced, because that idea is years old with no action at this point).

The special corpus enemies in the new game mode are vomvalysts.  Damage to crack them open, damage more to kill.  The issue is that you don't really have time to focus on any of them, because they only occasionally drop the time increasing golden pyramids.  The description lists freeing the captives and killing as time extenders, and the enemy levels do increase quickly.  The other nugget is that vacuum doesn't work at all on the golden pyramids.  If you don't jump into them you can stand right next to one.  How exactly is this supposed to work?  At high levels the treasurers need huge DPS to kill them, but you need chain/AoE weapons to deal with the enemies there.  Did anyone think this through?  I mean, the two words that come to mind are "test servers."  The kind where you could have gotten feedback that this juxtaposition of requirements means people bomb through high levels, then spend their coins on low levels.

Rewards.  Give us a drop table.  So close to communication here, and then you blow it.  After about 20 runs of Fossa, I have 4 of one bp and 3 of the other.  No signature weapon mind you, as the market says should happen.  Likewise I have 2 receivers, 3 blades, and 2 barrels.  Do we need to grind all three levels to get any of the content?  I guess that means newer players effectively get Jackal bps, and won't see anything from them until way later.  

Blazing step.  Sweet crap on a cracker, it's been two years and you're moving it now.  I have multiple, because to get a single Braton Vandal took more than 2 months of grind...but now it's a priority to make more available.  Yeah, I have everything but 2 kuva weapons, and only one ephemera.  Hours to get the relics to drop, hours to get the appropriate parazon mods, 3-4 hours to grind murmurs, 180 levels to grind out the completed weapon taking multiple hours.  Tell me, 20 minutes daily at a month is 600 minutes, which is 10 hours.  The kuva weapon grind is just as bad, but it's acceptable.  Will it be another 18 months before that's addressed?  What about the arbitration exclusive arcanes?  You need 21 of those to max one.  My point is that you're suggesting a cosmetic is more of a priority than content, and it's difficult to understand the logic.

Going back to the rewards, let's discuss the new content.  No MR potential on kitgun primaries because you decided to make the new stuff the grips.  Why?  I'm looking at the new stuff, and it's just barely enough to give us MR 29 with a few items missing and no founders content.  The MOA seems like another goofy pet that is going to be shelved due to nearly suicidal AI.  The new frame is interesting, but the 3 new weapons are either huge RNG grinds, layered grinds, or both.   The only saving grace is the quest, which was fun and just long enough to be friendly to lower level players without being a slog for more veteran ones.  

So I guess here I sit.  The quest is good, but the update makes more steps back and sideways than forward.  I'm glad that the quest is good, otherwise this would be another update that feels bad because there's too much grind for the provided content.  There are too many compromises for the good bits.  I just hope that the rapid fire double patch within hours of pushing an update is followed with some consideration for making the monotony of the grind less...frustratingly transparent and without defined drops.  It's Octavia neuroptics levels of collect key, run mission, get a 2,000 credit cache as a "reward," followed by a 3,000, and a decorative coin rounding out the list to be a complete waste of time.

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If you reach the extraction room before the treasurer spawns, they'll spawn inside of the extraction zone, won't leave, and their crown will be unobtainable if you're solo. They need to have some sort of pathing behavior that forces them to avoid the extraction zone entirely to prevent this from happening

Echoing this, as this happened to me the first time one of those sob's spawned. It's not like vacuum will grab it on the way out either as you need to hit X to pick them up. (Why is that a thing anyway when most other resource stuff gets sucked up?)

With how many warframes we have, will we ever see another increase in loadout slots?

Many of us like to pair specific gear (and match colors) with each respective frame. I still keep one of them as a “default” just so the 5 or so frames (with more on the way) still see the light of day.

could we please get enough slots to have one for each frame.

I am literally on my 20th run on Oceanum, Pluto which is a tier 3 spy mission, which is the mission required to get Protea's Systems. Is the drop rate for protea systems broken or what?  I am aware that i need 75 kills for the rotation C Drop on nightmare granum void to get the systems with 11% drop rate as stated here:
https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html#nightmaregranumvoid

59 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Rewards.  Give us a drop table.  So close to communication here, and then you blow it.  After about 20 runs of Fossa, I have 4 of one bp and 3 of the other.  No signature weapon mind you, as the market says should happen.  Likewise I have 2 receivers, 3 blades, and 2 barrels.  Do we need to grind all three levels to get any of the content?  I guess that means newer players effectively get Jackal bps, and won't see anything from them until way later.  

warframe.com/droptables

Velox's blueprint can be bought from the market. Velox parts drop from the first two granum voids, Stahlta and Stropha parts drop from all three.

10 minutes ago, Fujidenzo said:

I am literally on my 20th run on Oceanum, Pluto which is a tier 3 spy mission, which is the mission required to get Protea's Systems. Is the drop rate for protea systems broken or what?  I am aware that i need 75 kills for the rotation C Drop on nightmare granum void to get the systems with 11% drop rate as stated here:
https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html#nightmaregranumvoid

The drop chance being 11.11% means that you have an 11.11% chance of getting it every time, not that it will drop in 11.11% of your runs.

You have a 90.5% probability of getting it in 20 tries. You were unlucky.

Noticing that Nezha's Jinza helmet is messed up after the major update. It has this look to it in the preview, as well as if it is equipped on him, this strange black splotches persists at all times. None of his other helmets are displaying the problem this one is having. It was certainly not like this before the update.
Would be great if this could get fixed!

7t6lv3P.jpg

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please find a way to revert this. Forced cutscenes and animations make the Exploiter Orb, Ropalolyst, and the new Jackal fight extremely boring and annoying after the first few attempts. There's a reason people disliked sitting through the Profit Taker dialogue from Little Duck for ages and we got a skip for that, and this Jackal fight is no different. Cutscenes anywhere in Warframe should be skippable without exception.

Not only that - sometimes the mission loading cutscene is unskippable, even though it normally is - which results in 1-2 players loading in way slower than the rest.
Which is unfortunate 🙂

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Please find a way to revert this. Forced cutscenes and animations make the Exploiter Orb, Ropalolyst, and the new Jackal fight extremely boring and annoying after the first few attempts. There's a reason people disliked sitting through the Profit Taker dialogue from Little Duck for ages and we got a skip for that, and this Jackal fight is no different. Cutscenes anywhere in Warframe should be skippable without exception.

Im fine with this for now since the first time i jumped in, the host skipped it...

cant have no nothing in the solar system these days

I'm glad with the new update, like the Xoris even if it has low damage... but why stasis is removed but the DNA stabilisers aren't? I mean i want my dogs/kavats in stasis to NOT LOSE HP not out to LOSE it.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the ability to skip transition cinematic in the Jackal Arena fight due to resulting in many broken states.

This really should read:

Removed the ability to skip transition cinematic in the Jackal Arena fight due to resulting in many broken states.

Maybe in the next hotfix. Fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, Zhaeph said:

I'm glad with the new update, like the Xoris even if it has low damage... but why stasis is removed but the DNA stabilisers aren't? I mean i want my dogs/kavats in stasis to NOT LOSE HP not out to LOSE it.

If you have the nutrio upgrade segment, it disables DNA degradation completely.

My kubrows didn't lose loyalty since yesterday. I think not having a kubrow or kavat in your active loadout (edit: or in any loadout) prevents the loss of dna integrity and loyalty, but I can only test loyalty since I have the upgrade.

Edit: I've put my Sahasa in one of my loadouts and Sunika in another, and now the Sunika is roaming in my ship and using the incubator allows me to see its stats. Switching to the loadout with Sahasa causes it to roam the ship, but the incubator shows me Sunika's stats. After a mission or relogging, it reverts to showing Sunika roaming, even though the Sahasa loadout is selected. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see which one's loyalty goes down, but I suspect it'll only be Sunika, since that one seems to count as being out of stasis.

13 minutes ago, --N-- said:

If you have the nutrio upgrade segment, it disables DNA degradation completely.

My kubrows didn't lose loyalty since yesterday. I think not having a kubrow or kavat in your active loadout (edit: or in any loadout) prevents the loss of dna integrity and loyalty, but I can only test loyalty since I have the upgrade.

Edit: I've put my Sahasa in one of my loadouts and Sunika in another, and now the Sunika is roaming in my ship and using the incubator allows me to see its stats. Switching to the loadout with Sahasa causes it to roam the ship, but the incubator shows me Sunika's stats. After a mission or relogging, it reverts to showing Sunika roaming, even though the Sahasa loadout is selected. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see which one's loyalty goes down, but I suspect it'll only be Sunika, since that one seems to count as being out of stasis.

I do have the upgrade... but if i switch to a MOA or sentinel the kubrow still roams my ship...if it's just the loyalty with the 3 times then it's somewhat good.

15 minutes ago, Zhaeph said:

I do have the upgrade... but if i switch to a MOA or sentinel the kubrow still roams my ship...if it's just the loyalty with the 3 times then it's somewhat good.

Yes, it seems the last pet you activated keeps roaming even if you switch to a loadout without a pet and even if you pick a sentinel or a moa in that loadout later. So if only the roaming pet loses loyalty, you could prevent loyalty loss in your kubrows by activating a kavat last.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'd actually disagree with this one, as its very jarring in fight. At the very least, if they add it back, it should require all players to skip.

Archived