Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Chassis Drop Rate stated in drop tables cannot be correct

Lord_Khaavren

The drop rate stated in the PC drop tables for Protea Chassis is 11.11% rotation C of Extended Granum Void. I have now ran the Extended Granum Void 55 times with no drops of Protea Chassis. This photo shows I have obtained the Velox Receiver (29.63%) 15 times, Stahlta Stock (29.63%) 17 times, Stropha Receiver (29.63%) 23 times, Exemplar Granum Crown Decoration (16.67%) 12 times, Corpus Ship Hanger Scene (16.67%) 10 times and Protea Chassis (11.11%) ZERO times.

Comparing my results to the drop tables shows my experienced drops results of Velox Reiver 27.27%, Stahlta Stock 30.9%, Stropha Receiver 41.81%, Exemplar Granum Crown Deco 21.81% and Corpus Ship Hanger Scene 18.18% with Protea Chassis still not having dropped a single time. The chances of 55 attempts at an 11.11% drop without success is 1.7 in 1000. Every item can within 5% of it's expected drop rate except the Stropha Receiver and Protea Chassis. The Stropha Receiver drops were clearly abnormally high is addition to the Protea Chassis being abnormally absent. This clearly shows that these two drop rates have been incorrectly stated with whatever lowered chance the chassis has of dropping being attributed to the Stropha Receivers drop rate.

Pq6rrJl.jpg

I only did about half as many runs as you did, but those are my results so far: 0 chasis, 12 Velox Receiver, 9 Stahlta Stock, 5 Stropha Receiver.

Something is definitely wrong with the chasis drop rate.

Edit: Did around 10-15 runs more and finally got it. Seems like i just really hit a bad luck streak on this one. Good luck to anyone else still farming for this.

14 hours ago, TasteOfAshes said:

30 tier 2 runs, no chasis. Now i remember why i uninstalled year ago.

i'm think about it...

Because [DE]......

first day ppl to farm protea only needed to kill 75 even if the squad was 1 or 4, now is not....

Also i'm trying first to farm neuropitcs, and already done like 30 missons, and have 0 neuro....

not to mention de ridiculous nerf of bramma...... when the [DE] just cloud rise MR to resolve the problem....

103 tier 2 runs. Zero Protea Chassis Blueprints. That is well outside the range of probability. Yes, I understand that it's always (theoretically) 11% each time regardless of previous attempts, but I should be buying losing lotto tickets for "everybody wins" lottos.

Update 18hours later: 115 attempts to get chassis. The rest of the parts were unremarkable. Maybe I was just horribly unlucky, but with a sample size of 115, that's decent evidence there was a decimal place slipped.

Yes.. the grind brings back Harrow memories, but I did get chasis in the first 5 runs, so it seems it's all over the place. When it comes to tier 3, nothing so far after 20 runs which is still below range anyways. It sure seems it's like 5% to me, but wait on input from DE. The changes seem plat related, but that's assuming of course.. who knows.

Off topic: If you all could have the same level of passion for something that really matters like dedicated hosting, this game would be so much better off. 7 years on P2P, embarrassing.

Running for 12hrs plus nonstop finally got the damn protea system. Now going for chassis. I must say this is certainly not right. There are only 5 items in rank3 loot table where protea parts assume 11.11% drop rate which can be said not little or big chance but it's illogical or impossible running over 50 rounds worst more and not hitting 1 jackpot.  Be it rng or badluck but it's happening to many players. I truly believed something is wrong with the coding. 

Protea Neuroptics: 1-2 runs on Tier 1

Protea Chassis: ~15 runs on Tier 2 (nearly every run gave Velox Receiver)

Protea Systems: 1-2 runs on Tier 3

This was before hotfixes and DE making it even more grind-heavy.

On 2020-06-12 at 5:05 AM, Lord_Khaavren said:

The drop rate stated in the PC drop tables for Protea Chassis is 11.11% rotation C of Extended Granum Void. I have now ran the Extended Granum Void 55 times with no drops of Protea Chassis. This photo shows I have obtained the Velox Receiver (29.63%) 15 times, Stahlta Stock (29.63%) 17 times, Stropha Receiver (29.63%) 23 times, Exemplar Granum Crown Decoration (16.67%) 12 times, Corpus Ship Hanger Scene (16.67%) 10 times and Protea Chassis (11.11%) ZERO times.

Comparing my results to the drop tables shows my experienced drops results of Velox Reiver 27.27%, Stahlta Stock 30.9%, Stropha Receiver 41.81%, Exemplar Granum Crown Deco 21.81% and Corpus Ship Hanger Scene 18.18% with Protea Chassis still not having dropped a single time. The chances of 55 attempts at an 11.11% drop without success is 1.7 in 1000. Every item can within 5% of it's expected drop rate except the Stropha Receiver and Protea Chassis. The Stropha Receiver drops were clearly abnormally high is addition to the Protea Chassis being abnormally absent. This clearly shows that these two drop rates have been incorrectly stated with whatever lowered chance the chassis has of dropping being attributed to the Stropha Receivers drop rate.

Pq6rrJl.jpg

First of all don't know why decoration and the capture scenes have anything to do with Portea farm cause they weren't even part of the Rot-C drop, yet you fail to include shoulder guard count to the calculation. Here is the drop table for reference: https://imgur.com/CYSR2xl

Personally I got all her parts and all the weapon parts in 35 runs. I am sure some got it in less runs and some got it in more runs. RNG is RNG, it is often just that and not a bug.

A 11.11% drops chance ALSO means a 88.89% non-drop chance.

Looks like i am not the only one getting crazy about that chassis.

I did more than 30 run, no chassis. I am not telling that something is wrong, maybe i am just very unlucky... but this looks very suspicious.

Only want DE to look if everything is normal and give us feedback like : "yes, we fooked up" or "no, git gud".

EDIT : Finally get that chassis after ~40 try, this do not feel like 11.11% but heh

Archived