Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Chassis Drop Rate stated in drop tables cannot be correct

Lord_Khaavren

On 2021-08-25 at 2:57 PM, Stellar_Prime_X said:

Ahh I see, so this tread actually exists. I guess I'm not the only one depressingly doing these Granum Void runs thrice the amount of expected runs stated on the wiki.

Yeah, I'm over 100 runs at this point. One chassis around run 40, trying to get a second for the wall. I've sold at least 50 systems - get them from every other sister roll run - but the chassis just refuses to drop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can confirm this problem still persists on PS4 platform as well

Farming Neuroptics for three nights now.

Stropha
Barrel - 9
Blade - 7
Stock - 3

Stahlta
Barrel - 4
Receiver - 5
Stock - 2

Corpus Ship Bridge Scenes - 3

Neuroptics - 0

This is not 11% odds.  I farmed all 4 pieces for Wisp (3 parts + BP) in Approx 90 minutes.  Wisp drops are rated for 6%

I'm at a minimum of 35 runs so far.  Even bought the BP in case that was a factor towards drops.  Are we now required to rescue the three dude to get parts or something really insane?

• 2 months later...
On 2020-06-12 at 3:05 AM, Lord_Khaavren said:

The drop rate stated in the PC drop tables for Protea Chassis is 11.11% rotation C of Extended Granum Void. I have now ran the Extended Granum Void 55 times with no drops of Protea Chassis. This photo shows I have obtained the Velox Receiver (29.63%) 15 times, Stahlta Stock (29.63%) 17 times, Stropha Receiver (29.63%) 23 times, Exemplar Granum Crown Decoration (16.67%) 12 times, Corpus Ship Hanger Scene (16.67%) 10 times and Protea Chassis (11.11%) ZERO times.

Comparing my results to the drop tables shows my experienced drops results of Velox Reiver 27.27%, Stahlta Stock 30.9%, Stropha Receiver 41.81%, Exemplar Granum Crown Deco 21.81% and Corpus Ship Hanger Scene 18.18% with Protea Chassis still not having dropped a single time. The chances of 55 attempts at an 11.11% drop without success is 1.7 in 1000. Every item can within 5% of it's expected drop rate except the Stropha Receiver and Protea Chassis. The Stropha Receiver drops were clearly abnormally high is addition to the Protea Chassis being abnormally absent. This clearly shows that these two drop rates have been incorrectly stated with whatever lowered chance the chassis has of dropping being attributed to the Stropha Receivers drop rate.

Pq6rrJl.jpg

I have 127 level 3 granum void runs rn and have over 75 stahlta barrels.... 0 systems.. so i understand this frustration, warframe, learn from destiny 2 and put growing drop rates in the game, in destiny 2 an item can start at a 5% drop rate but then can grow up to a 50% drop rate if you go long enough without getting it, and there is literally 0 reason NOT to implement this, theres 0 harm in letting someone thats run something over 75 times have increased drop rates

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-06-12 at 5:05 PM, Lord_Khaavren said:

The drop rate stated in the PC drop tables for Protea Chassis is 11.11% rotation C of Extended Granum Void. I have now ran the Extended Granum Void 55 times with no drops of Protea Chassis. This photo shows I have obtained the Velox Receiver (29.63%) 15 times, Stahlta Stock (29.63%) 17 times, Stropha Receiver (29.63%) 23 times, Exemplar Granum Crown Decoration (16.67%) 12 times, Corpus Ship Hanger Scene (16.67%) 10 times and Protea Chassis (11.11%) ZERO times.

Comparing my results to the drop tables shows my experienced drops results of Velox Reiver 27.27%, Stahlta Stock 30.9%, Stropha Receiver 41.81%, Exemplar Granum Crown Deco 21.81% and Corpus Ship Hanger Scene 18.18% with Protea Chassis still not having dropped a single time. The chances of 55 attempts at an 11.11% drop without success is 1.7 in 1000. Every item can within 5% of it's expected drop rate except the Stropha Receiver and Protea Chassis. The Stropha Receiver drops were clearly abnormally high is addition to the Protea Chassis being abnormally absent. This clearly shows that these two drop rates have been incorrectly stated with whatever lowered chance the chassis has of dropping being attributed to the Stropha Receivers drop rate.

Pq6rrJl.jpg

Yes I had the same experience.... for the Protea chasis, when I did the math, even when accounting for just "bad luck", the likelihood of the part dropping was way outside the stated probability range, way past even than what will be considered a very unlucky run.   It's more like single digit drop chance actually, like less than 1%.  From my experience with farming other parts for other frames, the probability of a part dropping even with an unlucky run is usually within a predictable range.  But for the Protea chasis, it seems like it's more than just a fluke.  I think DE might need to recalibrate the drop rate for this part.  It is indeed unusual.

Archived