The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to free Solaris captives without spending coins

Xaero

Getting rep only when freeing them with coins sounds like a very good solution, let me additionally propose that you can only free one solaris per person (plus one more for each missing player in the party) unless going completely alone. This will prevent people from freeing too many solaris without coins when people do want to spend coins.

• Like 2

I think the point is that when people are done with the grind there is still reason for the coins. There is no reason to do the granum regulally when you get all the items you want and if DE doesn't buff the void trace drops. Anyways I think it's a good thing in the end.

49 minutes ago, E3R0Z said:

I think the point is that when people are done with the grind there is still reason for the coins. There is no reason to do the granum regulally when you get all the items you want and if DE doesn't buff the void trace drops. Anyways I think it's a good thing in the end.

You get one coin per Corpus Ship map. You meet more than one Solaris captive per Corpus Ship map. Unless you grind coins and deliberately don't free people for a while to build up as stockpile, you're going to end up having to walk away from a lot of them. And even with a stockpile, you're going to drain your coins after a while.

I agree that freeing Solaris United people without spending coins should be a thing. I'm fine with getting Rep for using coins to save them and nothing for saving them without. I'd even be fine with saving them without a coin raising an alarm. Just... It feels bad to walk past them all of the time.

• Like 2

Not enough coins? Once you have everything Protea related you have no use for them other than releasing prisoners..... Which is my case currently... Rescuing him should give Solaris rep beyond the daily limit, that would be a nice incentive to go back there.

Edited by ZarTham