Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.3

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Ibawa_prime said:

and just like that, this event dies its impossble solo and now its going to be impossible to do it with a squad, its not worth the low watered down drop rate for portea parts in the first place and now its harder thx

Just wanted to quickly point this out, but the floating enemies drop these golden diamond shaped items that extend the time you have in there. Make sure to use it to your advantage.

Also, bring the Xoris. You can use it the same way you used it in the Deadlock quest. Hit the specter's energy with it to charge it up, then use it to help the trapped people. They also extend your time by alot.

1 hour ago, SilentChavo said:

Another "challenge" that just involves killing things fast or get killed instantly

Blame the complainers. I've been here since pretty much the beginning and I kid you not - every single time DE tries to implement something more than "run around a room and kill things", people scream bloody murder. Any extra bit of thought in their mass murder simulator transforms the forums into a nest of screeching birds,

10 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Just wanted to quickly point this out, but the floating enemies drop these golden diamond shaped items that extend the time you have in there. Make sure to use it to your advantage.

Also, bring the Xoris. You can use it the same way you used it in the Deadlock quest. Hit the specter's energy with it to charge it up, then use it to help the trapped people. They also extend your time by alot.

Blame the complainers. I've been here since pretty much the beginning and I kid you not - every single time DE tries to implement something more than "run around a room and kill things", people scream bloody murder. Any extra bit of thought in their mass murder simulator transforms the forums into a nest of screeching birds,

Except of course when they don't. The specters are not dropping enough time right now. What really happened is that people figured out how to minimize the grind of the reduced drop rates (50+ runs for a 99% chance of a drop) and DE is now forcing people to play it how DE wants them to play it (save the captives, have the mission take forever, etc.). This is just DE sabotaging themselves again.

2 hours ago, GlobGrundle said:

I am curious, are there any chances you guys will change how the primary rattleguts works? Currently it is a downgrade from the secondary version because of its lower damage and low increase to the fire rate, which was already good, and very similar on the secondary version thanks to lethal torrent. Are you guys gonna work on the numbers or is it just gonna be mediocre? It would be cool if you changed its firing mode or added a secondary fire to it at the least.

Bad stats aside, give it the same sound as the secondary Rattleguts. I built this to be a laser gun, but it sounds like a regular old machine gun.

39 минут назад, Rebore сказал:

Finished it all last night anyways, good change though definitely was too easy.

it still is. Just Mesa it. As a matter of fact i believe it's easier to solo it, rather than do this encounter as a squad. (and by 'squad' i mean pub)

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • If the Treasurer is within 35 meters of Extraction, he will now turn away and run to the nearest Golden Hand Tribute to avoid dying in the Extraction zone. If by chance a Granum Crown is dropped too close to the Extraction zone, they will now be teleported to a safe place.

This is the sort of redundant failsafes I wanna see in more areas of the game. "thing does this to prevent an issue from happening, and in case THAT dosn't work, here's another thing that fixes an issue caused by that system failing"

Really refreshing to see a problem being solved preemptively like that. You could've just had the AI behavior change and left it at that, and just said it's the players fault if they killed them in the extraction zone at that point. I think most people would've been happy with that, and likely would only ever make that mistake one time before learning to wait for them to get out of it first. But you went the extra mile and added an extra layer of protection that you didn't need to. On top of that you did it very quickly after the issue was reported.

Good job.

36 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Except of course when they don't. The specters are not dropping enough time right now. What really happened is that people figured out how to minimize the grind of the reduced drop rates (50+ runs for a 99% chance of a drop) and DE is now forcing people to play it how DE wants them to play it (save the captives, have the mission take forever, etc.). This is just DE sabotaging themselves again.

Well I mean, it's THEIR game so yes, they probably do want players to play it the way they intended it to be played. If you want the best payout, save the people. Makes sense.

By the way, you're being an example of what I talked about in that quote. DE adds some difficulty, people cry about it. Just par for the course.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased Granum Void kill requirements as players join. Each new player will increase the kills required for each Rank by 25:

• 1 player: 25, 50, 75
  • 2 players: 50, 75, 100
  • 3 players: 75, 100, 125
  • 4 players: 100, 125, 150
    • The Granum Void is intended to be a challenge worth taking. It can be tough for a Solo player, but considerably easier with a squad. These changes aim to provide a little more even level of challenge across the board.

This is not a challenge -- it's ridiculous. It requires a specific team.
Now Mesa or Revenant is a must, with speed Nova to boost a bit the killing rate.

So let me say this clearly, DE. You made a grindfest to be even more grindier as more players join in? WTF? So much for my hope that you guys will realize you totally didn't manage the farming again. It's not only painful but frustrating and I know what I am saying, over 87 runs (counted every single one) and no Protea component blueprint (if this is how you intended to release a warframe with gamebreaking 3rd ability, congrats).

Please lets us keep collecting the Tenant Lore decorations after getting them all, right now if we want to donate those decorations to the dojo we lose them forever, not to mention they are in an odd number and that rly can grind some ocd gears BOkWoHm.jpg

Also, would be nice to have an extra one at least so we can use to expose the art on the back side, thats a worthy decoration on itself:

68c4084e85e95d9ce4c414571a5ee2b9.png

God this required points change is so #*!%ing S#&$. Being forced to free captives to maintain the timer would be fine if meleeing these flying enemies with a glaive wasn't so infuriatingly janky. Even still, all it does it extended the time required per run by ~30 seconds. 
Granum void is STILL a case of  'grind for rare drops until you can't stand the game mode then never touch it again'. The protea drops should be more common, and there should be other drops that are worth farming to keep people coming back (protip: 15 void traces aren't worth playing for.)

The Granum Void is intended to be a challenge worth taking. It can be tough for a Solo player, but considerably easier with a squad. These changes aim to provide a little more even level of challenge across the board.

So you are punishing players for playing in squads? Considering that your new content is one warframe(mesa) oriented? Not good game design.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb PookieNumnums:

Its annoying but here is the deal. 

If you are using your primary, and attack with your melee, you can the  use the heavy attack button to throw and detonate the glaive. 

If you have melee main equipped you can use the heavy attack button to throw and detonate. 

B U T 

if you're dual wielding pistol and glaive, you have to hold melee attack to throw, and press again to detonate. I dont use glaives much so it was throwing me off a bit at first but once i got into the rhythm of it, ezpz.

Maybe I was dual wielding without noticing!? I mean, looking over the right shoulder, a Sonicor mounted on the left arm is pretty hard to spot.

I didn't use glaives in years (I think dual wielding wasn't an option back then) and after this S#&$ty experience, I'll let them rest for as long at least. I'll just try to remember, that next time I'm forced to use that piece of ****, to leave the secondary at home. This should prevent dual wielding accidents.

Hey DE,

do you know there's a new donut shop in town? It's supposed to be great, but even if it isn't, it may offer some variety over the same thing every day - so check it out! it even has it's own road build straight to it!

Oh yeah, that's something I welded to the steering column of your car. Well, you need that to take that road, can't use it otherwise. It's just a little box with a crank handle on it - just turn it clockwise constantly at the right speed while driving, and you'll be fine. Oh, unless of course the box makes a quiet "ding" sound, then you need to turn the crank the other way or you'll be towed back to the beginning of the road. But surely you've no problem with that, right?

Oh, almost forgot to mention: you'll be clustered together with four other random drivers when you attempt the route, and if any of them doesn't pull their weight or fumbles with the crank, you lose. Yes, you get towed back all the way, but don't let that discourage you!

And hey, you're bound to make it to the shop one of those days, right? There's just a tiny bit of information I should give you first, though - nine times out of ten you'll be turned away, sight unseen. Sorry, that's just how they do business! Back to the beginning of that road for ya!

But maybe you'll get lucky with that chance - you're a lucky person, right? Good, since you'll need to get lucky three times like that! You'll only get a coupon for one third of donut each time, you'll need to collect all three of those (three different ones, of course!), and present them only after you have them all... then you can get your new donut.

Sounds amazingly tantalizing, doesn't it? Makes you really want to dive right in, and jump through all those hoops again and again, right?

Aaand you need to pay for each attempt to drive. Sorry, that's just the rules, can't do anything about that.

And the shop owners thought too many people were making the trip, so they added a second crank that needs to be turned on the other side of the steering column in the opposite direction - after all, you have two hands, so... no problem, right?

Doesn't that sound just like the most fun one could have?

2 hours ago, Mortis_Infernale said:

But Vauban's flechette already scales up with enemy levels

13 hours ago, CodeUltimate said:

vauban's flechette already scales it's power with enemy level. xd

Apologies, I did not know this!

It would make sense for Protea to get scaling as well then, yes. 

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased Granum Void kill requirements as players join. Each new player will increase the kills required for each Rank by 25:

• The Granum Void is intended to be a challenge worth taking. It can be tough for a Solo player, but considerably easier with a squad. These changes aim to provide a little more even level of challenge across the board.

I disagree with the "challenging" word.

If the enemies only spawn 50m away from you and there is only maximum of 20 at each given point even if you have a geared up primary/secondary/melee and you manage to kill 1/sec which is very fast you still not able to get the C rotation as a solo player.
So you actually forcing players to "cheese it" with WF abilities like Mesa which is the opposite of challenging.

Btw the Protea quest is MR4 locked but to get the parts that player needs some powerful stuff already or a good squad every time.

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Granum Void Changes & Fixes:
!!THE DEADLOCK PROTOCOL QUEST SPOILERS!!

Hide contents

• Increased Granum Void kill requirements as players join. Each new player will increase the kills required for each Rank by 25:
  • You’ll now have temporary damage immunity upon returning to the Copus Ship from Granum Void. 
  • Fixed a script error after returning to the Corpus Ship from the Granum Void after a Host migration.
  • Fixed a script error when returning to the Corpus Ship from Granum Void after recently Reviving.
  • Fixed a script error when entering the Granum Void.

If you want to increase the kills required you should at least increase the spawn rate its a flawed game mode when you tell players kill as many enemies as possible within 60 seconds but the enemies dont spawn fast enough resulting in players not getting the desired rank they want

5 hours ago, thor_sten said:

Maybe I was dual wielding without noticing!? I mean, looking over the right shoulder, a Sonicor mounted on the left arm is pretty hard to spot.

I didn't use glaives in years (I think dual wielding wasn't an option back then) and after this S#&$ty experience, I'll let them rest for as long at least. I'll just try to remember, that next time I'm forced to use that piece of ****, to leave the secondary at home. This should prevent dual wielding accidents.

Or secondary with double weapons 

And yeah suddenly using a pistol in the opposite hand is odd

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Granum Void Changes & Fixes:
!!THE DEADLOCK PROTOCOL QUEST SPOILERS!!

Hide contents

• Increased Granum Void kill requirements as players join. Each new player will increase the kills required for each Rank by 25:

Garbage change.

This forces Mesa spam even more.

19 hours ago, Proteo said:

Em teoria, já existe um limite de 5 minutos ou mais. Nas missões de ondas, o limite é de 5 rodadas.

Esse limite com a moda de jogadores jogando Warframe achando que é Need for Speed, não está certo, missões são feitas em 2 minutos ou menos, e com a DE facilitando as missões por causa de players chorões, esse limite deveria ser de 1 minuto. É sério!! está frustante entrar em esquadrão publico já vendo a contagem regressiva da extração e sair de mãos vazias e com o tempo desperdiçado. Essa sugestão de redução deste ''limite'' vale também para missões de abertura de relíquias. já cansei de ver e também de ser vítima de entrar e ver jogadores com 10 traços coletados e não dar tempo de juntar meus 10 traços !

18 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Well I mean, it's THEIR game so yes, they probably do want players to play it the way they intended it to be played. If you want the best payout, save the people. Makes sense.

By the way, you're being an example of what I talked about in that quote. DE adds some difficulty, people cry about it. Just par for the course.

It's not difficulty it's RNG. They are not the same things. It was an incredibly dumb move by DE. I'm MR 28 with fully built gear. I found public squads to be unreliable and so I farmed all of the parts solo. Even with a fully and properly built Mesa, I could fail the mission solo with bad enemy spawns or bad time pyramid drops. Once again, that's not difficulty that's RNG. I don't find any of the content difficult. I don't find the Granum Void difficult. I just see my time being wasted by poor game design. It's not good for Warframe when experienced players choose to play solo for new content because of poor game design.

4 hours ago, KosmicKerman said:

It's not difficulty it's RNG. They are not the same things. It was an incredibly dumb move by DE. I'm MR 28 with fully built gear. I found public squads to be unreliable and so I farmed all of the parts solo. Even with a fully and properly built Mesa, I could fail the mission solo with bad enemy spawns or bad time pyramid drops. Once again, that's not difficulty that's RNG. I don't find any of the content difficult. I don't find the Granum Void difficult. I just see my time being wasted by poor game design. It's not good for Warframe when experienced players choose to play solo for new content because of poor game design.

Haven't had any problems over here. Don't use Mesa all the time. You end up destroying the specters' energy which can be used to power up your Xoris and save the trapped people. Best tactic would be to save the people first, then use Mesa's ult. Do that along with collecting the yellow diamonds and you should be fine. Personally, I don't use Mesa at all and I've been farming both solo and with a full group.

Archived