Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Prime Upgrade?

Jsbar554

"Orokin Prime upgrade T" for the tenno (same idea as reactor)

installed Prime upgrade T will give you 1 additional polarity slot and a prime costume.

Orokin Prime upgrade T require:

30000 Credit

Control Module *10

Orokin Cell *10

Morphics *10

Neural Sensors *10

(These 4 resources are subject to change)

Prime system *15

(Prime system can be find in void reward or alert mission)

-------------------------------------

"Orokin Prime upgrade W" for the weapon

installed Prime upgrade W will give you 1 additional polarity slot and a prime costume.

Orokin Prime upgrade W require:

30000 Credit

Control Module *10

Orokin Cell *10

Morphics *10

Neural Sensors *10

(These 4 resources are subject to change)

Prime system *15

(Prime system can be find in void reward or alert mission)

-------------------------------------

This is just a quick idea so I am seeking for more suggestion to make it better.

Although I dont think my idea will work as lots of people already spent lots of time to farm those prime weapons/frames...

Edited by Jsbar554

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with having to gather and build the parts as you do now for prime Warframes, so I suppose I'd be fine with removing all that and just made it an upgrade like you suggested, or having the upgrade simply require the parts as you normally would. I'd really love them to be just skins so I don't think its necessary for Mastery to be something you can regain when upgrading but the idea of gaining a polarity slot when upgrading raises a few issues. Say someone has already Forma'd every slot available already. It seems like a waste for them, as most people who have primes now have most likely put a lot of Forma into them.

An idea that will most likely split the crowd is granting the player an extra mod slot when upgrading. Just ONE, call it a prime slot that will sit underneath the Aura slot, and that will be the one that is polarized with whatever DE decides each prime will need and can be changed with Forma. This will give players a much larger reason to farm primes that cannot be waved off like Forma did for polarity slots. What can be placed in this prime slot would have to be thought over carefully as even one extra mod slot could potentially break some things but I think keeping it for normal mods would open up just enough customization options for those who have been begging for it.

Coming from someone who has been asking that primes be made as simple skins with absolutely no benefits, this idea makes me nervous but I'd like to see something more significant be done with them.

Edited by Haldos

Add forma reset effect and 3000 ( weapon ) or 6000 ( frame ) mastery xp when you apply Orokin upgrade, and you will have my +1

em....not too sure should it be reset all the forma...but giving the ability to gain mastery xp again seem to be not that necessary.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with having to gather and build the parts as you do now for prime Warframes, so I suppose I'd be fine with removing all that and just made it an upgrade like you suggested, or having the upgrade simply require the parts as you normally would. I'd really love them to be just skins so I don't think its necessary for Mastery to be something you can regain when upgrading but the idea of gaining a polarity slot when upgrading raises a few issues. Say someone has already Forma'd every slot available already. It seems like a waste for them, as most people who have primes now have most likely put a lot of Forma into them.

An idea that will most likely split the crowd is granting the player an extra mod slot when upgrading. Just ONE, call it a prime slot that will sit underneath the Aura slot, and that will be the one that is polarized with whatever DE decides each prime will need and can be changed with Forma. This will give players a much larger reason to farm primes that cannot be waved off like Forma did for polarity slots. What can be placed in this prime slot would have to be thought over carefully as even one extra mod slot could potentially break some things but I think keeping it for normal mods would open up just enough customization options for those who have been begging for it.

Coming from someone who has been asking that primes be made as simple skins with absolutely no benefits, this idea makes me nervous but I'd like to see something more significant be done with them.

Prime slot sound interesting. However, this need to take some serious balance or other player will feel unfair.

My idea would be, once you equip with that prime mod (every frame with have its unique one) its stats will change a bit.

E.g.

Higher health but less energy or shield (you get the idea)

increase or decrease sprint speed (something similar to the new corrupted mod, increase something by decreasing other)

increases or decrease stamina

increases or decrease power strength/range/efficiency

Deal additional 5% damage on infes but less 5% damage on Grineer (you get the idea)

etc

I say make it simple,(braton for example used here) get braton to 30,go to void,collect parts for braton prime + blueprint,you craft it,you need to pick a lvl 30 braton,the one you pick will get its formas and potatoes transferred to the primed version. Done. Now everyone's happy.

It's basically an upgrade to the first weapon,also I think they should add some weapon tier system. Or at least all weapons should require mastery ranks that actually determines their power,even if that means acrid should be rank 9 at least,instead of retiring old weapons like they do now.

Edited by Sebastianx

Prime slot sound interesting. However, this need to take some serious balance or other player will feel unfair.

Absolutely, it's a very rough and kind of scary idea right off the bat and definitely needs to be carefully thought out considerably before putting it in game, if at all.

I say make it simple,(braton for example used here) get braton to 30,go to void,collect parts for braton prime + blueprint,you craft it,you need to pick a lvl 30 braton,the one you pick will get its formas and potatoes transferred to the primed version. Done. Now everyone's happy.

Your idea is good and indeed simplistic, which I'm all for but if I'm interpreting your idea correctly, "Transferred to the primed version" implies that the original design will be lost and replaced with the prime version. The main problem I have with it is because of the cosmetic changes to primes, which not everyone are pleased with.

It would force the player to lose their aesthetic choice when there isn't much of a cause for it. In the case of weapons, this hasn't been a big deal because DE has clearly expressed a want for a tiered weapon system where certain weapons will just be better than others and will be what players will build up to as they progress. This fits the current situation with prime weapons being better than the original and the main reason it hasn't been contested by players as much is because the designs of prime weapons have been pretty well liked, but with Warframes, it seems to be a very love it or hate it debate and so turning them into applied skins that could be switched on and off would give more choice without sacrifice. If your idea was to include this then I'm completely on board.

I do think Prime upgrade with the Prime slot is a good idea.

Prime upgrade specification can be change but I like the way that the prime version is just a costume skin which we can switch between prime or normal. Once we used that Prime upgrade, it will give you an additional polarity slot which you can decide to accept or not.

em....not too sure should it be reset all the forma...but giving the ability to gain mastery xp again seem to be not that necessary.

My idea would be, once you equip with that prime mod (every frame with have its unique one) its stats will change a bit.

E.g.

Higher health but less energy or shield (you get the idea)

increase or decrease sprint speed (something similar to the new corrupted mod, increase something by decreasing other)

increases or decrease stamina

increases or decrease power strength/range/efficiency

Deal additional 5% damage on infes but less 5% damage on Grineer (you get the idea)

etc

The interesting part is the Prime slot. This sound good tbh, but however this indeed need some time to do the balancing and matter in fact I know a lot of people will disagree with it...

So I will change it to more simply. When prime mod is installed, its stats will be changed to prime version. Which also mean that you can use normal skin but with prime stats.