Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Put A Short Pause On Suggestions?

KingKeif

First off all let me say, Warframe truly has a great community and a lot of great ideas have come across these forums. Some of which have been unfortunately overlooked, while others have actually gone on to influence the game. That being said, I have seen a majority (not all) of suggestions go from being well thought out ideas to hastily posted, 'I want this' threads.

While the title is inconceivable to the community and suggestions will never stop, they at least need to slow down for two reasons. (Besides the obvious, More suggestions = Less implications)

1.) The preachers of "We need constant new content or veteran players will stop playing."

I'm sorry in advance to those who may oppose me, but this is simply a fallacy. We don't need new weapons and tile sets. This game is in beta and more content is only keeping it as such. New content brings more problems on top of the problems that are preexisting. I'm not going to sit here a list off the numerous amount of tweaks and bug fixes that need to be implemented, but there are plenty of well thought out threads that have done just that. Instead of adding more content, the game needs several tweaks to get the game to a stable point. Armor/Damage 2.0 is a good step in that direction.

2.) More and more suggestions are less and less thought out

Please do not post a suggestion unless you take the following into consideration

1.) How many countless times has this already been suggested?

2.) How will this affect the ENTIRE player base, besides just yourself?

3.) Did you take more than 10 minutes to think about what you are saying?

most people that write suggestions don't really read your thing.

This forums exist to let them write their stuff so they feel accomplished and then ignore everything in favor of making keys with keys with keys to go somewhere and get random stuff.

Which for most suggestions I've seen, isn't a so bad thing either.

People like suggesting.

What are you? Suggestion Nazi?

They encourage suggestions and discussion all the time on livestream. 

Try reading a thread before replying, please.

I'm not against WELL THOUGHT OUT suggestions. People make suggestions without putting a bit of thought into it.

Edited by KingKeif

May as well ask people to only make threads with good ideas and suggestions that would help the game.

Not something unique to WF all games run into the issue that good ideas become diluted in a sea of stupid.  It is the internet after all.  With the upvote system we have here hopefully it brings attention to the things that DE really do need to see.

But they seem to be in the same trap that is seen SOOOOO often.  They see the complaint.  They recognize the complaint.  They ignore the proposed solutions and come up with some other fix that is not an improvement to the game, but just differently a problem.  Not all the time, and not yet to the point i've seen other games go, but a bit the same.

Not posting new ideas is not a solution.  If it is a good idea it needs to be out there.

Try reading a thread before replying, please.

I'm not against WELL THOUGHT OUT suggestions. People make suggestions without putting a bit of thought into it.

Well thought by your standards, or mine? Or someone elses?

Ideas are ideas, no matter are they stupid or smart. You cannot force people to write only smart ideas. This is internet.

Freedom of speech isnt a choice, it is a right.