Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Suggestion For Assassinations / Bosses

LiNkzi

I'm just throwing this out there, but like in defenses there is area where you go and mission activates, would it be possible to do area markers for boss attacks? I don't think this would necessarily mean it made the boss fight "easier" because now you can see where the attack lands, these things would be purely on your reaction time

Maybe this would require a bit of rework for bosses,  such as making them do attacks more often or more variety, but being able to dodge and instead of just shooting / hacking the hp down, it would make it more interactive. I don't think this would necessarily mean it made the boss fight "easier" because now you can see where the attack lands, these things would be purely on your reaction time "Bosses are now bullet-sponges with a high-damage attack. Same strategies for killing them: Stand and keep shooting them until they use their big attack, dodge it, repeat. Also, get rid of boss invulnerability abilities.  Give them a shield or something that is breakable, but waiting for their invincibility to expire is just boring gameplay."

For example, when raptor shoots his homing missiles, it would first lock on certain player / players  and then there would be X amount of time to dodge. How it would work? For while the markers moves around you and within X amount of time it locks down on you and then you have to dodge before it is too late or the main weapon Raptor uses would show a point of target right before it starts shooting. Also the new boss J2000/Lepanthis. It could show what area of explosion the small bombs would do or which area the scythe one will hit.

These are just few examples off my head. I don't think this would necessarily mean it made the boss fight "easier" because now you can see where the attack lands, these things would be purely on the reaction time and you could maybe get the feeling "wow, i dodged that one, Jesus it was close". As this sort of game where this is basicly pure PvE ( PvP still has some work to do IMO) Boss fights are big part of it as it offers variety from normal missions.  

Completely pointless for the most part. Bosses are already getting reworked. And this already exists enough. Also health gating/invulnerability is fine, I don't care if people are annoyed by it.

Vor: Teslas have a limited range and you can see where he throws them already, and his 3rd phase is a freakin laser beam, you can watch where it is.

Jackal: Ok, yeah, we need to know where his missiles are going.

Hek: no real abilities yet, getting redone.

Ruk: getting redone.

Anyo: only ability is cloak

Kela: ability is Rollers and a shield restore

Regor: only real ability is Slash Dash so.....

Kril: abilities are linear, melee, or radial and you can learn them quickly.

Raptor: mines are directly below, missile volley is directed. No need to change

Lephantis: Again, you can already see exactly where the attacks are going.

Do I need to keep going? All of the ability based attacks are already telegraphed enough, and if they aren't you can very quickly learn what they are.

Heh, smack bang in the middle of my face. I know you are right, by making that list, there are really few things to "dodge" and the abilities are really easy to remember if there are any. Bosses being redone, it would be nice addition. It would make the abilities clearer to newer players. I dont know though any reason why wouldn't even the older players enjoy it. If the boss would attack faster / more deadlier / more precisely / more variation to attacks, it would be cool to see where it lands instead of "Well i somewhat know where it lands, so i can just run 20m behind it"