Lutesque

DE Knows SHields are Still Rubbish... and so they Buffed them again....

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is one single mob in the whole game that is also fully optional to bother with.

What exactly is the problem?

LoL... You think Im coplaining about Treasure Boy being Tanky ? 

No buddy.... The real issue here is DE placing higher emphasis on the Survivability of the emeies Significantly higher than our own... 

Let me Grab Another Text from the Wiki to Show you:

Spoiler

As a Sentient, the Battalyst has the ability to adapt up to 4 damage type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:

First gate: 25% Health lost

Second gate: 45% Health lost

Third gate: 65% Health lost

Fourth gate: 80% Health lost

Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.

The damage gating also prevents Battalysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:

25% at full health

20% between 75% & 55% max HP

20% between 55% & 35% of max HP

15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Battalyst will take damage normally at every instance

For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.

Using the Operator's Void Beam,  Excalibur Umbra's  Radial Howl, a rank 40  Paracesis, or  Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.

The Part I like the Most is the The Health Gating... Sentients have theier Health Gated a whopping 4 Times...  4 Times in addtion to Their innate 50% Damage Reduction, 95% Damage Adaptaion... and Immunity To All Status Effects and most War Frame Abilities.... and what do we Non- Infinite Scaling Tenno get ? 25% Damage Reduction and a Sinlge Gating Mechanic that... lets be honest... Shield hasnt changed anything in most Situations. You may not be getting One shotted anymore but if Your shields go down... they wont be coming back unless you hide where you cannot get hit/

Inifact... because They nerfed Arcane Aegis, Shields are Actually worse now

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Shields are amazing, what are you on? They are much better than health in many situations as you can use mods such as the Augur set or Brief Respite to bring back your shield gating on demand.

Many Warframes also have pretty nice shield amounts, giving you easily over 1,000 shields with just redirection. Adaptation and many other Damage Resist sources work on shields, making shields practically no different to the health class now on lots of frames, and shields are much easier to recover on particular frames (plus, again, shield gating is abusable).

The counter to shields, of course, is Toxin, but that doesn't really matter in the vast majority of content, and Quick Thinking/Primed Flow is a better counter to Toxin than any amount of HP on any of the shield frames.

Also, Arcane Aegis is one of the strongest Arcanes in the game. Sure, it's "only" 3% proc rate, but that's more than enough and it literally makes you invincible for 12 seconds. It forces your shield to constantly recharge regardless, and no damage can leak into your health, simply because even once you hit the gate, you will still keep recharging, the long gate recharge is completely bypassed. This is why 1K+ Shield frames should really be using their shields rather than Health, and any spillover damage can be restored very quickly by Magus Elevate.

And once you're at the point of enemies one-shotting? Shields are automatically better than Health due to shield gating as it's the only line of defence you really have. No amount of Health will save you there. (of course, no amount of shields will save you either, but they are still functionally much more useful)

I would actually kill for an Umbral Redirection actually, as it would be so much better than Vitality on so many frames.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 1

Magnetic shreds them, what's the big deal? Just pick a gun and mod it accordingly if you're going hunting for these clowns.  it's nice that there's something that isn't cheesed by viral or slash for once.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No buddy.... The real issue here is DE placing higher emphasis on the Survivability of the emeies Significantly higher than our own... 

what...are you talking about b. We have abilities, mods, warframe arcanes, operator focus school, operator arcanes, health pads, team mates to keep us alive.

Treasurers just got his shield....

where's the emphasis my dude. Do you just tank with your shield??

• Like 1

The big issue is that "Massive DR unless you use Magnetic" is pretty much like the Wolf, who was "Massive DR unless you use a Kavat/Shattering Impact" and even then it also all but demanded Radiation damage because even his HEALTH was Alloy Armor.

The only difference with Treasurer is that they (from what I'm reading, still waiting on console) aren't ability/status immune except for Toxin, which while a good thing, still doesn't help the MASSIVE damage resistance being DE's one-trick-pony solution to making things not die.

It just feels like the single most lazy way to design an enemy.

4 hours ago, Mimikrist said:

So this 1 hit saving mostly is not working!

You do realise that you get a window of invulnerability when your shields break, right? Doesn't matter how many are shooting at you, they aren't going to be dealing damage.

I use a carefully balanced Magnetic/Toxin Exergis to take down Treasurers expediently.

I'm seriously tired of this crap. I said in March that I'd quit the game if this cheating continued and now here we are with yet another mob that's made ridiculously tanky. I'm pretty angry  now, I'll give it until tomorrow, but I'm fairly sure that I'm done with the game now. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lutesque said:

LoL... You think Im coplaining about Treasure Boy being Tanky ? 

Let me Grab Another Text from the Wiki to Show you:

Reveal hidden contents

As a Sentient, the Battalyst has the ability to adapt up to 4 damage type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:

First gate: 25% Health lost

Second gate: 45% Health lost

Third gate: 65% Health lost

Fourth gate: 80% Health lost

Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.

The damage gating also prevents Battalysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:

25% at full health

20% between 75% & 55% max HP

20% between 55% & 35% of max HP

15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Battalyst will take damage normally at every instance

For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.

Using the Operator's Void Beam,  Excalibur Umbra's  Radial Howl, a rank 40  Paracesis, or  Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.

The Part I like the Most is the The Health Gating... Sentients have theier Health Gated a whopping 4 Times...  4 Times in addtion to Their innate 50% Damage Reduction, 95% Damage Adaptaion... and Immunity To All Status Effects and most War Frame Abilities.... and what do we Non- Infinite Scaling Tenno get ? 25% Damage Reduction and a Sinlge Gating Mechanic that... lets be honest... Shield hasnt changed anything in most Situations. You may not be getting One shotted anymore but if Your shields go down... they wont be coming back unless you hide where you cannot get hit/

Inifact... because They nerfed Arcane Aegis, Shields are Actually worse now

You sound like you are angry over mobs being somewhat balanced over the random mooks we mow down. Complaining about Sentients when we have several different ways to negate their resistance also makes me :facepalm:hard. We also face them... almost never unless we farm for something very specific or play an event, where all you really need is to bring Paracesis or a Mesa and mow them down.

It also sounds like you havent really gotten the hang of shield gate at all. Most frames can have a shield gate 24/7. Arcane Aegis is also crazy strong on frames that could utilize it well earlier since it now scales with max shields with the trade off in not being able to proc while active.

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-13 at 11:55 AM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Tbh, thank goodness our shields don't have 99% dr.

Combine that with adaptation and you might as well just remove enemy damage completely.   In fact, why have enemies at all at that point?  Let's just remove them and we can bullet jump through the missions and just get rewards. 

The way too many people play this game, I'm afraid the forum would erupt into applause if this ever happened.

Though there is some truth in the matter that DE isn't really addressing the problems with defenses and damage, just kind of shifting the numbers around.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Posted (edited)

I have NO idea what's going on with the Treasurers. I can confidently say that the wiki is wrong, though; they definitely do NOT simply have 99% damage reduction. Whatever their DR system is seems to be incredibly inconsistent, potentially going MUCH higher than that. During a sniper only sortie a few days ago, my fully forma'd and rivened Lanka was dealing double digit damage to them on critical headshots. A fully modded artemis bow also seemed like it was utterly pointless to even TRY killing level 30 ones when I ran spy missions on Oceanum a few times; it was hitting low 10's at best.

Other things seem to just shred them! The best guesses I've seen is that they have some kind of stupid adaptive DR or damage cap to make slower weapons completely worthless against them but rapid fire weapons do fine. But that doesn't really seem like it consistently lines up with some of the things people claim are doing just fine, either.

something about them is very, very blatantly absurd. but I guess in the long run it doesn't matter too much, just pick one of the things arbitrarily allowed to be good at vaporizing them for the farm, and then never even acknowledge them again after getting the parts because the other sinks for the tokens are worthless.

edit: also, just a random thought, but given DE's history with these things, I wonder if the DR works differently for clients than hosts or anything. I've seen that happen with things a LOT.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 3

Shield is fairly good as it is right now, and the treasurer having a 99% damage reduction doesn't prevent him to get obliterated anyway.

Just bring an high fire rate weapon/decent melee or a mesa and you'll be good.

I wanna know how ppl handle these Corp-lin quickly in sorte 3 level cause it looks like the DR on them is way over 99%. 

10 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

I wanna know how ppl handle these Corp-lin quickly in sorte 3 level cause it looks like the DR on them is way over 99%. 

High fire rate weapons works for me.

same with melee.

One could say also magnetic?

Oh, that guy was supposed to be tanky? Didn't notice with my peacemaker 😅

He isn't tanky for the average everyday tenno.

The tanky-ness seems to come when he appears in sorties, but you are not supposed to fight them there, though.

56 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

I whirly-whirl them with my Paracesis.

On 2020-06-14 at 1:33 AM, Corvid said:

You do realise that you get a window of invulnerability when your shields break, right? Doesn't matter how many are shooting at you, they aren't going to be dealing damage.

Lol... this totally save us from different projectiles and again the hordes of enemies shooting at ya...and dont come up with  quote like "stay mobile" cuz in that case we wouldnt need gat at all.

il y a 21 minutes, Mimikrist a dit :

Lol... this totally save us from different projectiles and again the hordes of enemies shooting at ya...and dont come up with  quote like "stay mobile" cuz in that case we wouldnt need gat at all.

unless if you are a mag.

In which case, just press 3.

Just now, Aadi880 said:

unless if you are a mag.

In which case, just press 3.

Dont understand me wrong.. im not saying the gat is useless or something like that... more or less it has its purpouse. But its far from enough to give us survivability on really high lvl enemies where they are tanky as #*!% and we are just papers for each of their bullets.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mimikrist said:

this totally save us from different projectiles and again the hordes of enemies shooting at ya

I mean... yeah, it does. That's how invincibility works. When your shields break, that's your window to find somewhere that enemies aren't shooting at you, even if it's just ducking behind a box.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

I mean... yeah, it does. That's how invincibility works. When your shields break, that's your window to find somewhere that enemies aren't shooting at you, even if it's just ducking behind a box.

Thats too hard, I have to move.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mimikrist said:

Dont understand me wrong.. im not saying the gat is useless or something like that... more or less it has its purpouse. But its far from enough to give us survivability on really high lvl enemies where they are tanky as #*!% and we are just papers for each of their bullets.

Dont forget that you have both operator aswell as augur mods to improve survivability through shield gating. 

Treasurer are fairly easy to take down even without abilities you just have to focus fire on him, there similar game that uses a "treasure type Enemy" in the same way. Some use a really fast enemy or you can only damage the weakspot, all try to escape in a timeframe. Using high DR is on the same path, if you cant take them down how will you the granum void side mission.

I can't jump on Bowsers head in Mario either. Totally OP.