The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Hybrid

LiXingke

Story: The Corpus have managed to get their hands on a dormant Warframe. Due to the dangerous abilities of the Tenno, the Corpus have hired Grineer to help protect and modify the Frame for their own use and to also find a way to mass produce this frame.

As Tenno, your job is to infiltrate the base they are holding the Frame in and retrieve it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The introduction of this Frame could include a two part event:

In the first part, you do normal missions to find out clues on the whereabouts of this Frame, missions would give Navs or something similar to previous events and once the Tenno have collected enough as a whole, the second part of the event begins. 

In the second part, the infiltration begins. Due to the Tenno's actions in the first part, the Grineer and Corpus have prepared a sufficient defense along with a maze of rooms to keep the Tenno away from the Frame while they try to transport it away. Unknown to everyone however, the Technocyte virus has made it's way onto the base and has found the Frame. As the Tenno and allied enemy forces do battle, the Infested takes over the Frame and kills all of the scientist working on it.

The boss battle for the infiltration mission can either have one of two different boss battles, one with an alliance of a Corpus boss and a Grineer boss or a battle with the infested Frame who has defeated the two bosses, or the mission could have two parts, first a battle with the alliance bosses and then one with the Infested Frame in the lab. After the battle, either the Technocyte virus is removed from the Frame, or the Tenno are forced to destroy the Frame and recover the blueprints that the alliance had used to modify the Frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea for the Infested taking over the Warframe is for the Tenno to collect the research (blueprints) after the mission and build the Frame itself instead of just getting it, or since the introduction of the Frame is an event, the people who participate could receive the Frame with the Technocyte virus gone.

The Frame would be much bulkier due to Grineer and Corpus modifications and would look more akin to an enemy boss rather than a Warframe. It would be in the tank class like Rhino with a a more supportive approach.

Skills:

Summon Ospreys: An ability that Corpus Tech's use. It would deploy a osprey that regenerates shields. Either a first tier(25 energy) or second tier(50 energy) skill.

Take Command/Confuse (No name as of right now): Due to the Frames appearance, it could confuse/trick Grineer or Corpus enemies for a short time. Used mainly for stealth, this skill lets you get away or reset the enemies alert level. Since it would only work on Grineer and Corpus, it could be a second tier skill.

Shield: A copy of Vor's skill that also attracts aggro.

Unfortunately, since many of the bosses use skills similar to Frames and most enemies don't have a special ability, and also the fact that I haven't come up with the basis of what the Frame was and was able to do before the Corpus found it, I have no idea what other skills this Frame could have.

What do my fellow Tenno's think?

I actually have no idea what the fourth skill would be, I was thinking about skills that bosses in the game have, sadly theyre kinda lacking. Ahh well, hopefully it would give them an idea to make an event similar to it.

Ahh I hadn't seen that one, I guess my idea was very similar to that one.