Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea need some changes.

KurtisPrime

- From what i see Protea's abilities don't fit with her describtion of having time rewinding power. Her shield nade and dispenser is really good and that it.

-1st: SHRAPNEL VORTEX is just a worse FLECHETTE ORB, but at least it have some CC. why not make it full CC: 

-  TIME PRISON: protea throw 1 nade that when explode trape all nearby enimies in a time prism that when shoot store damge and explode when expire ( 7s duration)

-2nd: Blaze Artillery need a lot of buff, it have 0 scaling.( OUTDATED ) 

- Make it either MODDERABLE or scale with pistol mod.

- 4rt: Temporal Anchor it doesn't fit with normal warframe gameplay. 

- when it activate it would place an anchor on yourself so you can rewind your own status back to when the anchor drop without the moving backward.  Protea rewinds to triggering a temporal implosion that froze nearby enemies. Dying or expire  active rewinds  and give a shield that rewind incoming back to attacker ( 50% chance). ( 20s duration, 15s cap cooldown)

13 minutes ago, KurtisPrime said:

Blaze Artillery need a lot of buff, it have 0 scaling.

While I haven't played Protea yet, to my knowledge this ability scales tripple with duration - it shoots more, the shots do more damage the more it shoots, and the burn gets stacked higher / refreshed longer.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

While I haven't played Protea yet, to my knowledge this ability scales tripple with duration - it shoots more, the shots do more damage the more it shoots, and the burn gets stacked higher / refreshed longer.

From videos I've seen. It has a limited ammo per cast.

I believe they did this to stop a possible AFK design or better than Mesa setup.

33 minutes ago, KurtisPrime said:

- From what i see Protea's abilities don't fit with her describtion of having time rewinding power. Her shield nade and dispenser is really good and that it.

-1st: SHRAPNEL VORTEX is just a worse FLECHETTE ORB, but at least it have some CC. why not make it full CC: 

-  TIME PRISON: protea throw 1 nade that when explode trape all nearby enimies in a time prism that when shoot store damge and explode when expire ( 7s duration)

-2nd: Blaze Artillery need a lot of buff, it have 0 scaling.

- Make it either MODDERABLE or scale with pistol mod.

- 4rt: Temporal Anchor it doesn't fit with normal warframe gameplay.

- when it activate it would place an anchor on yourself so you can rewind your own status back to when the anchor drop without the moving backward.  Protea rewinds to triggering a temporal implosion that froze nearby enemies. Dying or expire  active rewinds  and give a shield that rewind incoming back to attacker ( 50% chance). ( 20s duration, 15s cap cooldown)

What is "full cc"? 

What is "not fitting with normal warframe gameplay"? And what makes you the person to even decide that?

What enemy level were you fighting? What mods did you have on? 

Can you actually provide anything worthwhile or are you just ranting?

22 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

From videos I've seen. It has a limited ammo per cast.

I believe they did this to stop a possible AFK design or better than Mesa setup.

It's essentially just a duration. It fires 3rps and the max duration is how long it would take to fire all of your rounds while still ticking down when it's not firing.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

What is "full cc"? 

What is "not fitting with normal warframe gameplay"? And what makes you the person to even decide that?

Seems like you are ranting dude.

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

It's ammo is increased by duration, according to the wiki. Very high duration may well make this ability quite strong, time will tell.

Imagine if her turret scaled like Mesa and had a long duration. I can already see it being exploited: Exterminate mission, run into a room and cast one turret, rinse and repeat speed running in every room till extraction. I don't know what DE is thinking? They should have made them orbit Protea instead of be stationary.

Protea's turret needs more ammo and a decent standard duration incase it doesn't shoot for a second or enemies are just out of range.

If it becomes too OP add a cap to the dmg multiplier it gets.

7 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

What is "full cc"? 

The damage on her 1 is garbage and completly pointless, just make it a crowd control power and remove the damage, buffing it only make it just like FLECHETTE ORB.

Warframe play style is moving forward through a mission at fast past (except for defend and interception) you don't want to move backward.

Watch this for a full demonstation:

7 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Imagine if her turret scaled like Mesa and had a long duration. I can already see it being exploited: Exterminate mission, run into a room and cast one turret, rinse and repeat speed running in every room till extraction. I don't know what DE is thinking? They should have made them orbit Protea instead of be stationary.

So you mean just Mesa cause what you imagining is Mesa 4.

I am using Protea now and what I experience with her is she is a good frame but not tested her in high levels yet. Her first ability is very useful if you go for range then you basically making a minefield the only drawback of her first ability is the jump animation which makes it harder to aim the exact location for your nades. Also her first can give you overshield which is nice and can synergize with other overshielding frames. Not tested in public so not sure if it can gives shield to non shield frames but the companion and you certainly getting it.

Her second ability is nice but it has limited ammo also the scaling is not significant on it. The only real drawback of that ability is the very short duration which is not in equal level of it's effectiveness. It could have be 5 second base and 15-20 at max with duration mods. Also the ammo limit could be 20-30 at max.

The third ability is basically the TF2 dispenser which generously gives you ammo, hp and energy but it costs 75 energy so you need efficiency mods on her to reduce the needs. Basically like the first energy vampire levels of Trinity because she benefit from the efficiency mods and duration so later she can refresh her energy well. The ability in design is Wisph ability except this ability can heal your companion too while the wisp motes cannot heal your sentinel companions.

The last ability is fine as it is, mostly can be used a hit and run ability and you need to be careful where you start it so you need to use a 'safe' location where you can retreat in needs.

Personally would buff a bit the second and third ability or remove the jump animation from her first.

Protea's Temporal Anchor needs a hotfix:

How it currently works is a mere shadow of what it could be. How Temporal Anchor should work is that you Tap 4 to reverse 'back in time' a few seconds, or Hold 4 to continue reversing through time until either your duration ends, or your Energy runs out.

- Imagine running into a Bombard's rocket, or a Scorpion's Grapple - you tap Temporal Anchor and rewind a second before you got hit.

- Imagine running into a Corpus Laser Door, you cast Temporal Anchor and rewind to before it triggered, resetting the alarm.

- Imagine running into a room full of enemies on a Spy Mission, you cast Temporal Anchor and rewind to before they spotted you, resetting the Alert Level.

- Imagine stealthily breaking into a Spy Vault, hacking the node, then holding Temporal Anchor and watching yourself parkour out of the room in reverse until you are standing outside the entrance door.

You should be able to choose 'how far' you go back in time with Temporal Anchor. It is not only thematically more fun, but it gives much-needed flexibility and capability for Protea to pull off the fantasy of Time Travel.

What this change would fix:
- you would no longer need to "hold 4" to cancel Temporal Anchor when you realize you don't need to go 'back in time'. This would prevent the player from feeling like they wasted the ability (which happens quite a lot).

- you can choose how far you go back in time, which makes the play-experience feel much more free, and plays into the fantasy of Time Travel.

Her 1, 2, and 4 needs some tweaks. 

3 minutes ago, Talaiar said:

- Imagine running into a Corpus Laser Door, you cast Temporal Anchor and rewind to before it triggered, resetting the alarm.

- Imagine running into a room full of enemies on a Spy Mission, you cast Temporal Anchor and rewind to before they spotted you, resetting the Alert Level.

This might be too much work for DE. but I agree on point 1 and 4 tho. Her 4 definitely needs more control.

9 hours ago, KurtisPrime said:

The damage on her 1 is garbage and completly pointless, just make it a crowd control power and remove the damage, buffing it only make it just like FLECHETTE ORB.

Warframe play style is moving forward through a mission at fast past (except for defend and interception) you don't want to move backward.

Trash build, with Transient fortitude, no Narrow minded. LOL. And here is why:

1- A full strength build will make the first do more damage, but everybody knows that, and that it doesn't do a lot of damage in high level missions. So why focus on force on the build?

2- 2nd ability benefits a lot of Duration, narrow minded is the Wartframe mod that gives the most damage to the second ability, and the negative can be easily fixed with stretch + augur reach. Transient fortitude won't do you a lot of good because you will lose ammo on second ability. So if you are complaining about Protea damage on her abilities, why didn't you put narrow minded there? Since her second ability is the one that do damage.

Sorry but, Brozime build is so garbage. Is like these people that are building her without narrow minded doesn't even saw Arithmetic progression in their lifes, even normal school teaches you that.

The best damage build for her is Duration > Strength > Enough Range

About Protea's ult, you know, you can reactivate manually, you don't need to wait till it run out, just cast it, cast your abilities, then recast it, just do it fast so you don't lose your time. But it would be better if it was always recording like said, maybe the last 5 seconds, so you can choose to use or not in better situation, because a lot of the times you use to save energy, but there was sometimes that I had more energy before the rewind, and that felt bad. I don't care about negating Death, remove that.

My problem with protea is the ammount of time you spend casting abilities, more on her 2, not a lot on her 1, since the 1 feel more like a option. Also hate the "holding" to cast ability on her 1, just make it like Ivara arrow, so you can switch, her 1 cast animation could get some polish too.

My suggestion for second ability is not for damage, since it is fine, unless you want to stay for hours on endless missions. it is to make it toggle (with duration for no afk-farming) or sothing that will make this happen 5 times, so you don't have to destroy your 2 key on keyboard, so it spawn the 3 turrents at once, in a circle formation up protea's head or around her body spinning, so it will cover 360 angle, same ammo capacity, same damage, and as soon as these 3 turrets run out of ammo, 3 new ones will spawn again.

9 hours ago, KurtisPrime said:

You are aware that some youtubers are just charismatic and good at putting on a production, while not actually being good at the game, right? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You are aware that some youtubers are just charismatic and good at putting on a production, while not actually being good at the game, right? 

They did show how the ability work and testing it on 80 or above enemies is enogh to see how little damage she does, how good he is doesn't matter.. .

The main issue is how she scales with stats. To do decent damage you usually need a lot of Strength, but because her turret lasts about as long as the average blink does you need to stack duration.

The choice of which ability to scale in terms of direct damage is either her first or her second. The inverted scaling is what makes it feel awkward. You get longer duration 1's but they do about as much dmg as an unmodded Paris MK-1 while her 2 hits like a wet noodle for the first 10 shots or so.

She would be a lot less awkward and weak if her turret had better baseline stats so a good balance between Strenth and Duration is a good option.

She has potential and I really enjoy playing her, but at high level you might aswell be a Wisp in a mobile mission.

4 hours ago, MPonder said:

My suggestion for second ability is not for damage, since it is fine, unless you want to stay for hours on endless missions. it is to make it toggle (with duration for no afk-farming) or sothing that will make this happen 5 times, so you don't have to destroy your 2 key on keyboard, so it spawn the 3 turrents at once, in a circle formation up protea's head or around her body spinning, so it will cover 360 angle, same ammo capacity, same damage, and as soon as these 3 turrets run out of ammo, 3 new ones will spawn again.

Right now  the turret is stuck in a sistuation where it have limited ammo and duration which require it to have high damage to be viable for 50 above but it not even a good trash clearer because it need line of sight as well as a ammo cap. just give it any scaling like  FLECHETTE ORB or scale with mod like WHIP CLAW or moddable like PEACE MAKER and cap the turret at 1.

Archived