KurtisPrime

Protea need some changes.

Just now, Koga. said:

i agree, her powers just don't match, 1 is playing with balls, Second one is a turret third is a dispenser and lastly a time warping ability ? like what is this abomination ? there is no synergy 

Like with Wisp or Revenant, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Warframe having a multifaceted theme.  Especially as tired archetypes and tropes get expended and more and more frames are released, it's okay for a Warframe to break the mold.  We don't need every frame to be one-dimensional like Ember or Frost.

I do agree that her abilities could interact with each other in different ways, and that her casting/spamming could be streamlined a bit, but I don't think there's anything wrong with her having gadgets and also a time rewind.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-14 at 12:33 PM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You are aware that some youtubers are just charismatic and good at putting on a production, while not actually being good at the game, right? 

Can't agree more, the build he has is just a Mesa wanna-be.

Thats every WF in a nutshell for him

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

Like with Wisp or Revenant, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Warframe having a multifaceted theme.  Especially as tired archetypes and tropes get expended and more and more frames are released, it's okay for a Warframe to break the mold.  We don't need every frame to be one-dimensional like Ember or Frost.

I do agree that her abilities could interact with each other in different ways, and that her casting/spamming could be streamlined a bit, but I don't think there's anything wrong with her having gadgets and also a time rewind.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for a frames to have diff abilities but at least some synergy between them would be nice 

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-14 at 5:06 PM, MPonder said:

English is not my main language, did I do any mistake there?

It was the whole comment about you trying to point out that people have to go to "school" to learn something, don't do that here, you'll make yourself look like a fool. NEVER bring such up, cuz if you try to prove something with facts (or "I kown facts, cuz I teach X or learned it") will make your comment invalid.

I assume due to not being English there might be some mistakes here about how you said it, but yeah, for future comments and posts, NEVER.DO.THIS. 

Turst me..it will only end bad.

Onto topic at hand: I think Protea is perfectly fine, she needs decent changes to make her scale damage and have a bit more control over her other powers, but what people forget here is that (or follow certain you tubers ideas) is that they want every frame to be a Mesa.

The reason why her turret has low duration, cuz DE Scott (and Pablo) don't want the turret to be a "Win button" or to have it stuck in a spot, one-shotin everything, a short and sweet high damaging weapon is fine.

What about her Dispenser, fine how it is, too much duration, you'll sit in one spot and have inf-health and energy, again, something DE does not want. This will make her too OP and be used to AFK farm or worse.

Her first power?, people just want it to be like Vauban's OP orbs. No CC, just damage and that damage to one-hit-kill.

Her 4th: People can;t stand having a negative part of their game, the whole point of her 4th is an survival key, not a "give me ult everything with no drawbacks what so ever"  

As for this Narrow minded thing?, I don't have any of the corrupted mods and I have plenty of Power Strg and Duration (Going too high Duration will poop up your 4th power, alteast that's what I experienced) and don't effect your other powers at all. Butchering your build to have a Negative stat or overloading with pointless Froma count, is the same issue Mesa has.  Eveyone wants Mesa to be super high range and power strg (So they can win the game with a single keystroke)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

-snip-

As far I recall, she only has the power to effect time that reverts, no where in the Lore or DE's stream does she have the power to Stop or Speed up Time.

Only synergy I can think of is that, if say you use her 1st to shield the turret or if you place it next to a dispenser it lasts a bit longer, etc, not much you can do to her without making her stupidly over powered.

Also, I saw some comments asking about if her 4th rewinded things like Spy alarms or so, yeah, that is not happening, that's way to OP and I bet is a pain in the ass to code.

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It was the whole comment about you trying to point out that people have to go to "school" to learn something, don't do that here, you'll make yourself look like a fool. NEVER bring such up, cuz if you try to prove something with facts (or "I kown facts, cuz I teach X or learned it") will make your comment invalid.

I assume due to not being English there might be some mistakes here about how you said it, but yeah, for future comments and posts, NEVER.DO.THIS. 

Turst me..it will only end bad.

Onto topic at hand: I think Protea is perfectly fine, she needs decent changes to make her scale damage and have a bit more control over her other powers, but what people forget here is that (or follow certain you tubers ideas) is that they want every frame to be a Mesa.

The reason why her turret has low duration, cuz DE Scott (and Pablo) don't want the turret to be a "Win button" or to have it stuck in a spot, one-shotin everything, a short and sweet high damaging weapon is fine.

What about her Dispenser, fine how it is, too much duration, you'll sit in one spot and have inf-health and energy, again, something DE does not want. This will make her too OP and be used to AFK farm or worse.

Her first power?, people just want it to be like Vauban's OP orbs. No CC, just damage and that damage to one-hit-kill.

Her 4th: People can;t stand having a negative part of their game, the whole point of her 4th is an survival key, not a "give me ult everything with no drawbacks what so ever"  

As for this Narrow minded thing?, I don't have any of the corrupted mods and I have plenty of Power Strg and Duration (Going too high Duration will poop up your 4th power, alteast that's what I experienced) and don't effect your other powers at all. Butchering your build to have a Negative stat or overloading with pointless Froma count, is the same issue Mesa has.  Eveyone wants Mesa to be super high range and power strg (So they can win the game with a single keystroke)

You make no sense, at all. Arithmetic Progression is teached in school, it is a fact even in my 3rd world country education.

A lot of youtubers -> Ctrl+V/Ctrl+C of the same trash build with the same comments after. They don't even put effort anymore and throw any xit there because people will beleave in it anyway, it is just "Let me see who did a video about this, let me ctrl v/ctrl c". Lmao. Someone throw a Mag video, everybody do after, One throw a Khora video, everybody will do after, or a little after, to not make took like Ctrl v/ Ctrl c.

Plus turrents already have a form of duration on AMMO, it doesn't need a life time limit too.

Once you have Umbral intensify + augur secrets, putting transient fortitude will give you just 32% bonus increase in damage, but that if it didn't cost ammo, so it is much less. You hardly even need to do maths to know that Narrow minded is the best damage mod for her 2nd ability, even if you have to fix her range after and duration is good in everything on her. Other strength mods will force you to fix their negatives also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPonder said:

You make no sense, at all. Arithmetic Progression is teached in school, it is a fact even in my 3rd world country education.

Well, then screw me I guess, cuz mine didn't! 😧

No, really, why didn't the one I go to teach this?, this looks so useful! and not to worry, I was trying to bacily point out that, even what you say is true, at times the comminty don't take kindly to people saying such. (I've been here long enough to kown that), I hope that makes more sense?

Onto topic:

Touch'e, but we'll have to see what happens, cuz as far I recall, the Turret was designed to be short and sweet, not to be a turret places down forever, same goes for the Ammo/HP/En thingy. Think it will just break the fast-flow of her, cuz IIRC no one likes powers that have to sit in one spot. (unless it's a frame base for Defense in mind ,like Forst, cuz....well, duh..)

I think it would be funny if her Turrets scaled from the mods on your Sentinel Gun 😛    

I think Protea Works as is... Maybe give the turrets a few extra seconds. Like, they have a set amount of ammo, The extra time just means they don't loose shots if there is no target for half a second.

Well for me protea suck af whole kit is desceibed as multifuncional wf but if you look

Passive is just bad it would be super good for something like wauban or ember

Simpli on some warframe that realy can use it

My. Hange is simple give it istead of  bonus damage xicfedent effect

1 throw a nuke granade something realy damaging etc.

2 this spell is just bad its not a turret and its bad in All possi le ways

So passive can do something special like a granade pauncher or rocket launcher.

3 . Suck zhe does not need it for a support spell its ok but still suck

4 ...

1 what is tbis damage no a cc ? Realy ?

2 just why i heard DE wo t add turret to wf cuz its braindead aimbot ...  Ut this suck

3 protea does not need it so if you play solo ....

4 can work i. Survival for me but it need something wit h that trail that prote leaving

the 2nd need to stay until ammo is empty instead of time duration or give it more duration
the 3rd need to be fixed drop and recastable for the same fixed drop instead of drop over time duration, the most mission are dinamic to wait in a place for the drops
the 4th need to not give us back to the start geographical position and probably less duration in comparison with the others powers duration

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-19 at 3:49 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

This is not true since Wukong clone, Umbra sentience and Train Man Voban exist. "Win button" already exist like Mesa . It already have a ammo cap and 130 aim angle. My problem with it now is that it compete with your gun. if it defend your flank than it would have a use but it have tinny duration 

She is clearly design to be a more staying in one place frame cause having turret, dispenser, CC mine and an ability that alow you to go out of your camp without being shot dead. It just she have too many "but" in her kit.

P.S it is a win button cause you can spam it to clear low lv  trash without aiming

It only give you stuff when you are near and spending resourses. It a fine support power since Trinnity exist.

I litterally said and give an idea  to make it Hard CC enemies since buffing it make it too simular to Voban. 

WDYM Her whole kit have negative part. it just very sistuational as a suvival ability since it send you backward. If they give it a secondary effect to revive you every 90s. since it doesn't offer much in normal gameplay since her shield nade is so good at keeping you alive.

Edited by KurtisPrime

On 2020-06-20 at 3:14 AM, Renginus said:

Well for me protea suck af whole kit is desceibed as multifuncional wf but if you look

Passive is just bad it would be super good for something like wauban or ember

Simpli on some warframe that realy can use it

My. Hange is simple give it istead of  bonus damage xicfedent effect

1 throw a nuke granade something realy damaging etc.

2 this spell is just bad its not a turret and its bad in All possi le ways

So passive can do something special like a granade pauncher or rocket launcher.

3 . Suck zhe does not need it for a support spell its ok but still suck

4 ...

1 what is tbis damage no a cc ? Realy ?

2 just why i heard DE wo t add turret to wf cuz its braindead aimbot ...  Ut this suck

3 protea does not need it so if you play solo ....

4 can work i. Survival for me but it need something wit h that trail that prote leaving

I can't tell if you are trolling are actually having a stroke.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@KurtisPrime

@stormy505

@Circle_of_Psi

OH, look what build he is using:

No xiet transient and finally narrow minded.

It was impossible to think of such a good build in first day, oh wait:

Learn to build your stuff, and stop copying youtubers' trash builds. His build is a copy pasta of mine.

Edited by MPonder

On 2020-06-25 at 12:01 PM, MPonder said:

@KurtisPrime

@stormy505

@Circle_of_Psi

OH, look what build he is using:

No xiet transient and finally narrow minded.

It was impossible to think of such a good build in first day, oh wait:

Learn to build your stuff, and stop copying youtubers' trash builds. His build is a copy pasta of mine.

Its almost like they made the two worth building around with the buff. Its almost like de knew that the ability was hot garbage and not worth modding before. And they changed that. weird.

On 2020-06-27 at 1:01 AM, stormy505 said:

Its almost like they made the two worth building around with the buff. Its almost like de knew that the ability was hot garbage and not worth modding before. And they changed that. weird.

It is more like a hot garbage build and complaining about the results and people that can't build stuff themselves going with the same opnion after. Since the build with narrow minded balanced around it is the best even for the other abilities among the two. LoL.

Posted (edited)

Even when playing minmaxed with decent range 200%+ strengh and high duration CP etc, she is not that good. The turret clears everything, but enemies die one by one, I think that the animation of casting turret is a almost damage loss in its current form 🙂. For minmaxed players her 3 and 4 very meh. I mean they doubled her damage skills are she still feels bad.

I think that the fix is easy but would require dev, 3 should be toggleable with a steroid of some kind, like Equinox but in a less "brainy" way.

Edited by Galuf

On 2020-06-25 at 8:01 PM, MPonder said:Learn to build your stuff, and stop copying youtubers' trash builds. His build is a copy pasta of mine.

8 hours ago, stormy505 said:

-snip-

What?...

Why excalty was I quoted to this topic?, the only thing was changed was a few tweaks here and there, I seen no sign of people's demands on having her 4th to be a win button or her turret to be locked down in one spot. So I'm kinda confused on why I was quoted in the first place.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone here copy's Partners builds in any shape or form, alteast with what I've seen, the build itself is alright I guess?, but it's up the player how they wish to design their builds, if people want a trash build useing Meta Mods, then go ahead, be my guest.

With the changes, I only see minor improvements here and there, still some need to be made, but THIS IS DE after all, can't have anything "Fun" right?.

But sense I was quoted, I guess I can share my build?

Warframe0006.jpg

Again, build is totally up to the player's play-style: High-Power-Strg so help all her powers, as they are all effected. Umbra Mods (Armor & PS) due to Armor gives a flat % DR. Adaptation cuz all frames can benefit from it. Streamline for cheeper EC & a simple Range mod as her range is great as default. I use the konckback/duration mod, due to the weird way how her powers work.

There is a very odd "sweet-spot" when it comes to her Duration, too low and her turret/dispensary thing lasts way too short, however having it too high makes her 4th power last WAY to long. I am unsure if that is a bug or not, but 183 Duration is plenty for me. (I chuold go for 123%) but it really cuts the Turret/Dispen down quite a bit. Still wanting a new streamline mod.

As for the last 2 mods, I am not sure what I'm gonna do, Maybe more range, slightly more duration, so I can fit fleeting exp on?, I have no clue.

(Keep in mind, if you wish to share advice, I DO NOT own any of the Void mods anymore, I sold them/gave them away to people who use them, I have no use for mods that "corrupt" your builds into negative stats, I have no idea why they exist in the first place, as far I kown, only one frame has use from having low stats and that's Nova)

Posted (edited)

the worst skill to me is 4....its unfun to me.

skill 2 is decent now but this skill needs some augment to gain a little more versatilty and a little bit more damage. For example attack in 360 degree and split fire/radiation on the floor for some time for more CC.

Skill 1 need another agument to cast both at same time....its horrible to cast each.

Edited by Luciole77

Il y a 10 heures, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

(Keep in mind, if you wish to share advice, I DO NOT own any of the Void mods anymore, I sold them/gave them away to people who use them, I have no use for mods that "corrupt" your builds into negative stats, I have no idea why they exist in the first place, as far I kown, only one frame has use from having low stats and that's Nova)

Your quoted build is imho to be reworked, 9000 forum post and steel fiber for flat dr on Protea + vault mods rant. You can play the game how you like and be successfull in it, but you are kind of a veteran on this forum and some players may get what you say for granted. Before sharing a build here(wich may have impact on how others play the game), be sure to share something legit...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

There is a very odd "sweet-spot" when it comes to her Duration, too low and her turret/dispensary thing lasts way too short, however having it too high makes her 4th power last WAY to long. I am unsure if that is a bug or not, but 183 Duration is plenty for me. (I chuold go for 123%) but it really cuts the Turret/Dispen down quite a bit. Still wanting a new streamline mod.

who cares how long the duration is on 4th, press it whenever you want to toggle it on/off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

who cares how long the duration is on 4th, press it whenever you want to toggle it on/off.

Pffft... Too much work.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Galuf said:

Your quoted build is imho to be reworked, 9000 forum post and steel fiber for flat dr on Protea + vault mods rant. You can play the game how you like and be successfull in it, but you are kind of a veteran on this forum and some players may get what you say for granted. Before sharing a build here(wich may have impact on how others play the game), be sure to share something legit...

Uh...opps?

Well if people do really want to copy my build, then they can just DM me about it, if they are confused on anything right?, no one HAS to use the build I made and if they really take my word for granted or build, then well, that's nice I guess, but people share builds all the time, vet or not.

And I'm not too sure what you mean by "Legit", cuz that's ironic coming from you Galuf, Founder and all, if anything we should be following your example, as you been here much longer I ever dream of. If people don't like my build, then so be it?, I'm really confused on what you are trying to point out here.

So, would you mind not beating aorund the bush and up-front tell me, what you are trying to get at?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Talinthis said:

I was not aware you can do that...yes I have 2-3 Froma on her and I completely missed that, wow...

I kown you can re-cast your other powers to move them around, but I legit thought her 4th was set to a duration, given the track record of press and forget. Humm, if that's the case, then I can get away with having way more Duration. Extra 24% might be ideal.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

Le 13/06/2020 à 19:05, KurtisPrime a dit :

-2nd: Blaze Artillery need a lot of buff, it have 0 scaling.

- Make it either MODDERABLE or scale with pistol mod.

You mean this thing that can stun enemies with Heat proc, raise Heat status damage of the targets, and destroy group of enemies in less than 10 seconds ?
On duration/strength build it has really high damage.
You can use it in other builds too but not for the high damage, and more for the utility.
ProteaScaling.gif

Le 27/06/2020 à 15:03, Luciole77 a dit :

the worst skill to me is 4....its unfun to me.

This is my favourite on Protea, you get to use it for anything.
-You can use it for a fast way to go backward assuming you get in an area and you have to leave it later on.

-You can use it to refill your ammo while running, her 3rd ability does give ammo but only if you stand near it, the 4th however will give you all that you spent back even if you keep running. It doesn't just refill your magazine, it also refills the ammo capacity you spent.
Just Rewind and Transference out right after, you can keep running and void dashing with your Operator for a little bit, and then Transference back In. You got your refill from the rewind but you didn't move backward.

-You can use it as a shield gate extension. When your shield runs out, you can activate this ability, get 4 seconds invincibility and keep it active as a safe belt. If somehow during the fight you managed to regain all your shield without rewinding, you can toggle it off to keep the energy you may have earned during Temporal Anchor.

-You can use it to refill your ammo without reloading, on some weapons like Ocucor it's quite important to keep the maximum number of beams. This lets you play with this weapon efficiently without having to plug Synth mods.

-You can use it as a large AoE, store damage from any sources while Temporal Anchor is active and unleash it as Blast in the area.

-You can use it as Crowd Control tool, if you have more than 0 damage stored, the Temporal Anchor will push all the enemies toward you, similar to a void dash. 

-If you have a larger Energy Pool, you can use it to save your larger Energy stock and set some other abilities. You can set a new Dispensary, some grenades for support or control or multiple Blaze Artillery if you built for it and then rewind to get your old Energy.

-You can use it to protect yourself, since dying doesn't happen during Temporal Anchor, you can afford riskier plays.

-You can use it to Save your melee combos. Which mean you can go back to x12 Combos and abuse the power of Heavy Attacks.

And it's still a recent frame, who knows what other wacky stuff you can do.

• Like 1