Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new MOA is a letdown

Jarriaga

I thought I could finally get a rival/alternative to my Adarza, but the new MOA not having an actual melee weapon and being unable to equip the Deconstructor (Prime) just ensured I'll never use it again after I'm done with the mastery.

I understand DE not wanting people just using it as a stat stick for the Gladiator set, but people already use Helios for that anyway. If DE don't like it when people use something disproportionately more than other things, then why is the Deconstructor still exclusive to Helios? That just pushes artificial preference for Helios based on the usefulness of the Deconstructor. On the topic of Sentinels, if they are to remain so unbearably squishy by being unable to use "Link" mods, then have them be able to be equipped independently from a battle-focused companion such as a beast or MOA (And no, Khora doesn't count since Venari is not a MOA or a Kubrow that comes alongside a Sentinel).

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The deconstructor (from my experience) could never be equipped on any of the bots except Helios. This is not new.

I am aware none of the other MOAs can use it. I just had the expectation for the advertised "Melee MOA" to be able to use the only melee companion weapon in the entire game, or at least to come with its own. 

Having an attack precept that makes the MOA go melee while using the stats of a gun just flipped that over its head in execution. And it is a wasted precept slot. 

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

So, is the new moa good at surviving?

Its parts sacrifice shields for Armor and health more than any other MOA component, so it goes with frames that have high armor over shields.

But it does have a precept that gives it 3000 overshields, although it loses the bonus when attacking. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I am aware none of the other MOAs can use it. I just had the expectation for the advertised "Melee MOA" to be able to use the only melee companion weapon in the entire game, 

In fairness to DE, the Deconstructor is a gun on any objective level, just one that uses melee mods. I guess they felt it needed to be a glaive in the code for those weird parent/child spaghetti code trees to function smoothly, but otherwise it's just a gun

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In fairness to DE, the Deconstructor is a gun on any objective level, just one that uses melee mods. I guess they felt it needed to be a glaive in the code for those weird parent/child spaghetti code trees to function smoothly, but otherwise it's just a gun

We can call it a gun, bow, glaive, or a pinata. Point is that it's the only one to use melee mods, which is what I expected from this new "Melee" MOA. 

And I don't think the Deconstructor is a gun without arguing Glaives are guns as well. Each robotic weapon has a distinct classification in fuction that dictates the mods it can use based on its category. This is why the Sweeper can use shotgun mods but the Death Machine rifle can not, because that gun is a rifle in function

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

I don't want this to sound rude, but what exactly did you expect from something that even states in its codex entry that it needs parts of Helios to function?

What part of  "Causes the Helios Sentinel to attack enemy targets using pieces of itself." and "Allows the Helios Prime to violently disassemble and turn itself into a deadly projectile." made you expect to use it on anything else?

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

I don't want this to sound rude, but what exactly did you expect from something that even states in its codex entry that it needs parts of Helios to function?

What part of  "Causes the Helios Sentinel to attack enemy targets using pieces of itself." and "Allows the Helios Prime to violently disassemble and turn itself into a deadly projectile." made you expect to use it on anything else?

I expected for the new companion weapon (The Helstrum) to be a melee weapon instead of another rifle if the Deconstructor was out of the table based on the lore. 

That's on my second post in this thread. 

As an alternative, since DE don't like it when one thing is grossly overshadowing anything else on usage, they could have changed how the Deconstructor functions alongside its text description exactly like they just did to the Kuva Bramma, which now reads "Low quiver capacity, arrows are recovered singly". 

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'm more interested in pet survivability than anything else.

Because I'm sick and tired of constantly having to pick up stunlocked pets where even primed pack leader doesn't help with 3 attacks per second.

Then use a djinn

So apparently, the new Moa is even worse than I originally thought:

- Multishot mods don't increase damage. 

- Fire rate mods don't increase attack speed. 

- Zoom mods don't increase attack range. 

Only base damage attack mods make a difference. This means that actively optimizing the damage the Moa does when using Hard Endgame can be a detriment to the overall performance of the weapon by adding nothing but base damage mods until it happens to get within attack range. 

• Like 1

Yeah, when they made Dethcube's laser precept scale with mods, it had (has) the same problem: it only actually scales with a few types of them. DE seems to... do this sort of thing a lot, with companions.

i'm honestly surprised that the new Helstrum weapon has a conceivable purpose as a status machine when almost every other fortuna sentinel weapon is just about straight garbage, and would have been blatantly so from ANYONE looking at their numbers.

Edited by OvisCaedo

it is a let down for the truth for I thought it would be cool and I even named it for a pun name "Kick Kat" for another joke kitkat candy bar and also made a joke about kitgun and called it "kitkat" gun for one my secondary weapon and made a pun name for meme that goes commercial for I made fabulous joke about it like 1 example

Spoiler

Spoiler

"still hungry and the food bar that you eat doesn't taste satisfied and seem boring or those hungry customers always been pinning you down the table as a cop does?  Now you can have fun and satisfied your hunger! Introducing the Kitkat Gun for it fires projectiles of KitKat and goes straight to the head of the user's mouth and able feed those pesky hungry customers all day long, and how to work this product into loader a KitKat bar into the loader and fire it like a gun *Bang Bang Bang* look that customer's satisfied face!"

then again the reason why I thought it be cool for I think to be like this

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=11363905

but nope what I got was this

Spoiler

tumblr_n4xd2h3SkK1s0mbfho1_400.gif

I thought they willing show program of Moa doing Martial Art fighting style with it's feet but nope.   The melee Moa isn't worth even getting for the truth for the mods isn't that strong or consider as suit to be best or for claim to be "rare".

Edited by ChaoticEdge
fixing and adding my mistakes
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's a tiny ACCELTRA??!!! 😲

I think i've just found my new favourite Sentinel weapon...

The missiles it fires are kind of slow, with a lot of spread.  And it only fires every couple of seconds unless you mod to fix that.  Which (as pointed out above) isn't compatible with the new moa's melee attack mod, which ignores multishot and speed mods.

The Helstrum has really high status chance though.  It's only "okay" for a Warframe weapon, *insanely* high for a companion weapon.  Most of them seem to max out at about five to ten percent on crit and status chance.  Helstrum is high enough that three dual stats mods can push it to 80%, but the damage is like an assault rifle.  At least on my setup, the damage per projectile doesn't go over about 75 total.  (Which doesn't mean it can't go higher, just that I'm not interested enough at min/max to do it.)

• Like 1

On 2020-06-13 at 12:55 PM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'm more interested in pet survivability than anything else.

Because I'm sick and tired of constantly having to pick up stunlocked pets where even primed pack leader doesn't help with 3 attacks per second.

What frame do you use? Pets have basically a frame type. Basic tanky frames get pets that walk around. Frames that die easy get Sentinels. If you mix this up you get bad results. 

• Like 1

dont find the new moa as a letdown as i only built the head and used security ovveride and the overshield precepts, (moa will still endlessly hump a nearby console when you go in operator mode....... DE pls......) you dont have to use the new parts, other then the head, you can use parts that work better for you, since melee was not listed in the equipment i just stuck with helstrum and this moa with overshield and AoE attack with radiation and viral is an absolute blast.

5 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

dont find the new moa as a letdown as i only built the head and used security ovveride and the overshield precepts, (moa will still endlessly hump a nearby console when you go in operator mode....... DE pls......) you dont have to use the new parts, other then the head, you can use parts that work better for you, since melee was not listed in the equipment i just stuck with helstrum and this moa with overshield and AoE attack with radiation and viral is an absolute blast.

r2-d2-trash-compactor.jpg