Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new MOA is a letdown

Jarriaga

3 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I like how it looks

I like its design, but I really dislike the texturing work. It is impossible to give it a light color scheme because of the "rust" effect it has:

Warframe0166.jpg

That's the brightest white in the smoke palette.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I like its design, but I really dislike the texturing work. It is impossible to give it a light color scheme because of the "rust" effect it has

I noticed that too, only black with gold/silver on the details is a "proper look" how they made it.

• Like 1

I just used the head and the overshield precept for it, so it is a tanky pet option with a viral cryotra that has 400%+ status chance. It does what it is supposed to and can survive well. Though I will probably just slap the overshield precept on my other moa that is already formad, even though I'd like a melee kicking moa named Mr. Moayagi.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It does what it is supposed to

That's a low bar. I'm seeing a lot of people building it for the overshields mod and giving it to other MOA configurations with high shields while leaving the melee aspect of it to rot in the sun because of how bad it is. 

The shields precept was an unannounced surprise. The focus of the expectation was the melee performance. 

The MOAs are more fashion frame than anything else. I built one to use the hack consoles mod.  I got into a vault all sneakily and the MOA is looking at me from the other side of the glass outside. Never got into the vault. Haha never forget trying to use it as a newer player.  I’ll stick to my kavat and or Djinn for serious play time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

That's a low bar. I'm seeing a lot of people building it for the overshields mod and giving it to other MOA configurations with high shields while leaving the melee aspect of it to rot in the sun because of how bad it is. 

The shields precept was an unannounced surprise. The focus of the expectation was the melee performance. 

I'd say the bar is in the middle since I never had plans to use a melee moa, so the OS mod gave me exactly what I wanted along with a new head for my regular moa setup. I've had a hard time finding 2 useful precepts, this one solved that problem and pairs well with the anti ballistic dome, which turns the moas into seriously tanky little fellows.

I have my cats for melee since they arent worth a damn when it comes to applying statuses, then my moas are used instead of sentinels. Having plans to pair the new precept with Hildryn since that can result in some silly shields for the moa. He's already a tough cookie when paired with Protea.

17 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Pets shouldn't require for me to take inaros to be viable and survive being stunlocked and sitting in AoE attacks.

any frame with armor and or health can use pets Oberon, wisp, baruke, Valk, Chroma, and nidus can all use pets with ease

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Just gilded the Melee MOA. The MOA is not that bad in terms of survivability and damage, but it has the same problem all companion has : DUMB AI

I was honestly impressed that it worked in a T1 mission I got the new moa for the higher armor and health stats (as well as MR) 

On 2020-06-13 at 7:55 PM, Jarriaga said:

I am aware none of the other MOAs can use it. I just had the expectation for the advertised "Melee MOA" to be able to use the only melee companion weapon in the entire game, or at least to come with its own. 

Having an attack precept that makes the MOA go melee while using the stats of a gun just flipped that over its head in execution. And it is a wasted precept slot. 

That does make sense. I hope it gets changed. It sure could use Deconstructor as a whip-like attack.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

I think there is bug when you can put Deconstructor on MOA, unfortunately I don’t know how to recreate this lol.

I’m so bad at building sentinel weapons, they all so suck, only Deconstructor can one-shot 60 lvls for me. Sad that this MOA doesn’t bring this weapon in line

On 2020-06-15 at 6:51 PM, EmberStar said:

The missiles it fires are kind of slow, with a lot of spread.

That can be fixed with mods like Vile Acceleration. The key thing about the Helstrum, and what i see most people haven't noticed yet, is that the missiles are HOMING MISSILES. So is ok if you put something like Heavy Caliber on em, they might spread a bit more, but at the end, all of the missiles will target the current enemy the sentinel or moa are targeting.

And Simaris sells companion weapon veiled rivens, so now i have a reason to farm simaris bucks. Imagine how fun this weapon would be with a riven that adds more multishot and fire rate.

Edited by Yakhul

I agree with you. I was expecting the exactly same thing, the first thing that I thought about a Melee Moa was "Great! A melee moa, finally a don't need to use helios to have the gladiator combo!" I don't like to take helios in long runs because he simply dies very easy, ok I know that you keep the effect from gladiators, but you lose animal instinct and vacuum. I did not expect that we would be able to use the helio's weapon, I was expecting a new melee weapon that could come with the new moa, this is a huge lost opportunity.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-16 at 9:23 AM, Jarriaga said:

I like its design, but I really dislike the texturing work. It is impossible to give it a light color scheme because of the "rust" effect it has:

Warframe0166.jpg

That's the brightest white in the smoke palette.

Well, this is no longer true after today's hotfix. Thanks, DE.

Now please give it a proper melee weapon or make the Deconstructor compatible with MOAs so I can actually choose it over my Adarza.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1