Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void Droptables seem to not function correctly (No Protea Parts in 60+ runs)

Jukantos

1 hour ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

So, you´re telling me that someone can put in the effort and the work to get a certain drop and never get it because of luck?

Why would anyone want to play a game like that?

RNG needs to exist on free to play games to pressure players to spend money to get the item they want. Look I also hate RNG too but it is a “necessary evil”. If I were you, I will spend plat if I did more than 80 runs to get the part because at this point I am just wasting my time.

46 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

RNG needs to exist on free to play games to pressure players to spend money to get the item they want. Look I also hate RNG too but it is a “necessary evil”. If I were you, I will spend plat if I did more than 80 runs to get the part because at this point I am just wasting my time.

What you're saying makes perfect sense but in this specific case there are two problems with that reasoning.

First, Protea is a new warframe, not a prime. She's technically new content because she's supposed to offer players new ways to play the game. Encouraging players to spend money is fine, but if you go too far with that in a situation like this, you start to move away from free-to-play and approach something like Destiny selling content as DLC. It's not wrong, but it's not what Warframe is supposed to be all about.

The second problem is that the Granum Void, as a new game mode, is just not interesting. It feels more like a minigame (Frame Fighter or Happy Zephyr) then like a fully fledged game mode (Sorties or Liches). You don't really use your weapons or powers, you just spam glaive detonations over and over again until it ends. It's painfully lacking in terms of variety and that is a death sentence in a game like this.

There needs to be a pity timer in games like these. Seriously, put it at 40 or 50 runs. The people who are just going to buy it aren't going to say "No, I'd rather just do the 50 runs". And the people who are going to do 50 even without a pity timer are probably never going to buy it with real money. Or they'll sell prime parts for plat and buy it that way.

5 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Have you heard of Khora?

Yes, I have all the frames, all the primes except Protea.

Khora wasn´t so bad, nor was Equinox.

Hell, even HARROW wasn´t this painful to get.

A couple hours was all it took to get them.

I´m on my second DAY and not a single part to show for it.

I´m hoping this is a bug, because if it´s working as intended it´s damn bad game design.

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well, DE was never known for strong arming their playerbase into buying plat and I always respected them for it. Whenever a game tries to do this trick with me, instead of caving in, I just stop playing. Simple.

I don´t think that´s why they use RNG in the game.

Warframe is a looter shooter. The story is very lackluster and it´s not the reason most people play the game. So there needs to be something that keeps people playing. You ever stopped to think why all the grind? Grind to farm a frame, grind to level it up, then start it all over to forma it. Then start all over again when the prime version drops.

Repetition, that´s what keep people playing the game. I get that, and I see why it´s necessary.

But too much of it hurts the game.

I mean, this can´t be working as intended. TWO days of farming and not a single frame part is NOT normal.

8 hours ago, Jukantos said:

I must be the unluckiest dude in all of Warframe, or there's something fishy going on.

This is the droptable of the Nightmare Granum Void according to warframe.com/droptables

Nightmare Granum Void

Reveal hidden contents

Rotation A

7500 Credits Cache Common (50.00%)

15X Void Traces Common (33.33%)

Zenith Granum Crown Decoration Uncommon (16.67%)

Rotation B

10,000 Credits Cache Common (50.00%)

600 Endo Common (33.33%)

Corpus Ship Orbital Cannon Scene Uncommon (16.67%)

Rotation C

Mortuus Shoulder Guard Uncommon (29.63%)

Stropha Stock Uncommon (29.63%)

Stahlta Barrel Uncommon (29.63%)

Protea Systems Blueprint Uncommon (11.11%)

I've now gathered 8 Stropha Stock in a row, alongside 1 Stahlta Barrel as the first and last drop. So on a droptable that is supposedly pretty evenly split into 1:3 chances (with a 1:9 chance of a Protea Part) i've rolled the same reward 8 times in a row. The odds of that happening should be 29,63% ^ 8, also known as 0,0017%

That's a statistically significant red flag. Something is DEFINITELY not working as intended here. Applying Ockhams Razor, Either the official droptables are bogus (unlikely), or the ingame distribution is bugged (likely). My clanmates reported having 60 completed runs (20 on each difficulty) yet not finding a single one of the supposedly 1:9 chance Protea parts. Again, if we do the math on that, that's 8/9th to the 20th dimension - only a 9% chance on each tier to NOT find the part, a 0,004% chance on all runs combined, IF the droptables are functioning as intended.

Obviously i have no intention to claim malevolence in play, i'd just like you to investigate and check if the droptables are being rolled as they are supposed to be. Because currently this grind is an agonizing anti-fun one. You can't tell me over a dozen people i play with going into sub 0,01% chances of not finding ANY Protea parts is functioning normal. It wouldn't be the first time droptables weren't quite working properly on release of this style of update.

Bro! I have done over 15 hours of grinding for that, and then I finally gave it up. It seems to me that DE wants folks to buy it with plat. (Conspiracy time!)

25 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

Bro! I have done over 15 hours of grinding for that, and then I finally gave it up. It seems to me that DE wants folks to buy it with plat. (Conspiracy time!)

I´ll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there´s something bugged with the loot table.

Probably about 10 runs in on the t3 (for Systems) and no blueprint drop yet.  It is a little concerning to see all these posts about people not getting part drops after XX runs, but then I gotta remember that mostly people come here and announce/complain they didn't get stuff, and if they got the drops quick then they just continue playing the game.

EDIT: Just got Protea Systems BP on my 5th or 6th run today. The dream can be realized, Tenno!

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Probably about 10 runs in on the t3 (for Systems) and no blueprint drop yet.  It is a little concerning to see all these posts about people not getting part drops after XX runs, but then I gotta remember that mostly people come here and announce/complain they didn't get stuff, and if they got the drops quick then they just continue playing the game.

Yeah, that's a fact as well. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Fenrys_Delta:

Yes, I have all the frames, all the primes except Protea.

Khora wasn´t so bad, nor was Equinox.

Hell, even HARROW wasn´t this painful to get.

This just goes to show that this is a perception problem on your end. The drop chance for the Khora or Harrow parts is the same or lower, and each attempt takes several times as long, yet here you are claiming it "wasn't so bad" when the grind for Khora is undeniably much worse.

The simple truth here is that you don't comprehend random chances, as evidenced by the fact that you honestly believe that grinds are designed better or worse based on how lucky you were on your random rolls.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Fenrys_Delta:

A couple hours was all it took to get them.

See, because that hasn't been my experience, because Harrow was where I was unlucky. I bought Harrow. After weeks of farming Defection missions on and off.

5 hours ago, Krankbert said:

This just goes to show that this is a perception problem on your end. The drop chance for the Khora or Harrow parts is the same or lower, and each attempt takes several times as long, yet here you are claiming it "wasn't so bad" when the grind for Khora is undeniably much worse.

The simple truth here is that you don't comprehend random chances, as evidenced by the fact that you honestly believe that grinds are designed better or worse based on how lucky you were on your random rolls.

See, because that hasn't been my experience, because Harrow was where I was unlucky. I bought Harrow. After weeks of farming Defection missions on and off.

As I said to someone earlier, I can only weight this grind to every other grind I did.

It seems to me that YOU don´t understand the issue here. You bought Harrow because you were sick of farming defection, so was I. It took a long time each attempt to get a shot at the rotation C to get the drop.

Khora wasn´t even half bad. A couple hours was all it took me to get all her parts.

But Protea is a quick mission, you complete it in like 3 minutes or so.

I´m well past 100 runs and no part yet. If it was 11%, I would have gotten it within 89 runs.

So, yea, this is most definitely not normal.

It took me 145 larvalings before one appeared with a bramma.  Was pulling my hair out.

At the start of this grind though, I wasn't even getting larvalings to spawn which was weird as I'd done other liches before. 

After some investigation, I discovered there was a bug where if you had a kuva nukor equipped, no larvaling would spawn.  Guess what, as my previous lich had the nukor that was weapon I was now carrying, hence no larvalings and why I'd never had the problem before.

So weird bugs can and do happen, it's not always of case of blandly saying it's just bad rng, suck it up.

To the op, make sure and mix up your load out cos u never know.

RNG is RNG, i have the protea part from T3 on the 2nd run, i wanted the shoulder guard but no, it had to be part for a frame i already bought, as well as part for one of the new weapons.

11-12% chance is reletive, it could be after 1 run, after 10 run, after 100, and so on, it's random chance that gravitate more to the higher drop tables.

I've done maybe 16 runs on the middle teir one I have everything else but the protea part from it won't drop. The insanely low drop rate combined with the fact I have to wait at least 120 seconds just for a stupid token carrier to spawn made me not give a S#&$ anymore. 

Archived