Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void Droptables seem to not function correctly (No Protea Parts in 60+ runs)

Jukantos

Based on the fact that I've run T3 for 3 hours at about 4 minutes or under per mission, I've run 40ish missions just in T3.  I almost get having the weapon parts be part of a drop table, considering they're tradeable (though the main bps aren't?  tf is that about?) but I've gotten multiple of the shoulder armor.  What the absolute #*!% am I going to do with multiple copies of the shoulder armor?  The extra copies may as well be 1 credit caches for how utterly pointless they are.  All I want is the systems so I can stop running this tedious, boring nightmare of a game mode.  I started off thinking it was meh.  Now I actively despise it.

Considering the drop tables are full of "you only need this once" items, you could almost assume that they KNEW people weren't going to enjoy this.  Based on their history of abandoning things like this and not listening to players, I can only assume that this will never get fixed and the forums will have regular threads about "why do I have so many corpus helmets but can't get even one systems?"

I didn't like everything they did in the last update, but I did like it as a whole.  This update is making me hate the game.

Every update is like this now.  Players slam into an atrocious grind wall where it's hours of the exact same thing on repeat, rather than varied content and DE nerfs all the things they should have known they were going to end up nerfing if they actually play tested any of it (like we know, right out of the gate).  Players complain, and DE doesn't listen until they start hemorrhaging players. 

I'm about to have an aneurysm if these systems don't drop soon, because I am completely over being in the Granum Void.  I was having fun before this update dropped.

On 2020-07-04 at 5:20 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

What the absolute #*!% am I going to do with multiple copies of the shoulder armor?

But did you get multiple copies of the shoulder armor?

I was running the T3 this morning trying to get the Protea Systems and the shoulder guard was mostly what i was getting (at least 5, possibly more). After giving up in frustration I checked my inventory to see if I could sell the extra shoulder guards and... one. One single shoulder guard. I don't get angry with this game but right now I'm angry. Right now I've done a bunch of T3 Granum Voids for effectively no reward. I nearly threw my controller through the TV. WTH DE?!?

I realised something was wrong with Warframe's RNG when i was farming Atmo Systems which is an uncommon bounty reward only for the game to give me Repeller Systems more often despite this being a rarer item with a lower drop chance.... this happened for 5 whole weeks straight... 

It wasn't until i compared the wiki's drop table with the reward screen in game and i realised Repeller Systems had the least lowest drop chance in the rare section and Gyromag Systems had the least lowest drop chance in the Common section.... However the item in the Uncommon section with the least lowest drop chance was not the Atmo Systems... it was a relic i think.... And i had plenty of those

I then concluded that the reason i wasn't getting atmo system was because the of Double RNG.... first the game would roll to determine which of the 3 Drop Tables to pull from and then it would roll again to determine which item from the drop table to give as a reward....

Its the only thing that would explain why Atmo Systems kept refusing to drop... because it was the only Systems in its respective drop section that didn't have the highest drop chance like the other 2 did....

My solution then was to do the 4th Profit Taker bounty instead of the 2nd even though the 2nd bounty was 5 times faster.... why ? Because the 4th Bounty had one less item in the uncommon section.... the relic still had a higher drop chance than Atmo Systems but it turns out removing that one item that was clogging up the RNG was enough to give me better chances at actually seeing Atmo Systems.... 

I mean.... thats Warframe's RNG in nutshell.... and you know whats the stupid part....

Atmo Systems is untradeable and can't be bought from The Market.... so no... DE isn't even making money from pissing off their players from this specific grind... seems like they did it just for S#*!s and Giggles.

I suppose DE could be making money from the Magus Arcanes that are exclusive to Vox Solaris but the only one in high demand is Magus Lockdown.... sure Magus Repair is great too but most people prefer Magus Elevate. I don't because despite its 95% Chance to proc... it once failed to proc twice in a row.... Sold that S#&$ immediately...

4 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

But did you get multiple copies of the shoulder armor?

I was running the T3 this morning trying to get the Protea Systems and the shoulder guard was mostly what i was getting (at least 5, possibly more). After giving up in frustration I checked my inventory to see if I could sell the extra shoulder guards and... one. One single shoulder guard. I don't get angry with this game but right now I'm angry. Right now I've done a bunch of T3 Granum Voids for effectively no reward. I nearly threw my controller through the TV. WTH DE?!?

Funny enough, a short while after I made that comment, I went to go see how many copies I had gotten so far.  Same issue as you, so I made a post asking why in the world a reward of literally nil was okay with the devs.

• 4 months later...

I have problem's getting any Protea parts too. Farmed it for a long time got a bunch of weapon parts and multiple shoulder pieces.. but no Protea. Decided to wait few days before trying again.. and same thing. No Protea parts. Doesn't matter what planet I do it on, doesn't matter what node I try... Feels like there is definitely something wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's related to the Ayatan Amber Star bug (they're not dropping and DE is investigating).

I run Marduk, Void a lot and I'm not seeing typical drop patterns as of recent updates for finding all 3 caches. I'm now seeing something strange like 3 Identified credit caches (in Void sabotage? According to wiki, credit cache should only roll from rotation A! But I find all 3 caches so I should get a roll from A, B and C! Also, 5000 and 2500 credit cache is not a possible roll for Marduk!). I used to see a Bullet Dance and special resources here and there. Now it's just mostly credit caches and sometimes one roll of Endo.

But yeah, it's known RNG is broken for Ayatan Amber Star drops. I bet it's broken everywhere else too (definitely feels that way for Void Sabotage).

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Maybe it's related to the Ayatan Amber Star bug (they're not dropping and DE is investigating).

I run Marduk, Void a lot and I'm not seeing typical drop patterns as of recent updates for finding all 3 caches. I'm now seeing something strange like 3 Identified credit caches (in Void sabotage? According to wiki, credit cache should only roll from rotation A! But I find all 3 caches so I should get a roll from A, B and C! Also, 5000 and 2500 credit cache is not a possible roll for Marduk!). I used to see a Bullet Dance and special resources here and there. Now it's just mostly credit caches and sometimes one roll of Endo.

But yeah, it's known RNG is broken for Ayatan Amber Star drops. I bet it's broken everywhere else too (definitely feels that way for Void Sabotage).

Protea parts definitely are dropping though. I've had 2 out of 3 drop within a reasonable amount of runs. Still going for chassis, but it definitely drops too as the clan members I joined had just obtained it before I joined the runs.

Gerade eben schrieb NecroPed:

Protea parts definitely are dropping though. I've had 2 out of 3 drop within a reasonable amount of runs. Still going for chassis, but it definitely drops too as the clan members I joined had just obtained it before I joined the runs.

maybe the drops were bugged earlier. I got it about a month ago in 1-2 days. mesa is also fast enough with this missions.

4 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

maybe the drops were bugged earlier. I got it about a month ago in 1-2 days. mesa is also fast enough with this missions.

I can't speak for how it was earlier. But, the last week or so is the only time I've farmed for Protea. So as of late, it definitely seems to be working. And as far as I can tell with reasonable drop chances. But there have been comments within the time period I farmed her parts that aren't consistent with my experiences.

Archived