Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The grind for Protea is BRUTAL

Fenrys_Delta

5 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

You got all three parts in one day? I´m on my second day and didn´t get a SINGLE part.]

I´m telling you, this thing is broken.

I also got everything day 1.  was p easy

6 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times

Well look at the bright side, if we can trade those parts, you can net a nice amount of platinum from those poor souls who can't get their hands on the parts from so many runs

Just completed my farming today (Started yesterday):

- Got the neuroptics yesterday, but the game bugged out and I lost it so I had to farm it again.

- The systems took a bit of time because the game rewarded me 3 times with the Corpus head shoulder guard.

I'm actually surprised at how painless it (Mostly) felt.

5 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I have. And Nidus / Harrow was a walk in the park compared to this, sorry.

And it´s not hard, it´s just BORING. I can finish a run under 5 minutes, but when you´ve done it over 80 times already and no drop, you feel like turning the game off and playing something else. Just saying.

That is factually false, not even mentioning Octavia.

8 minutes ago, binhthanhk2 said:

Have you ever tried to farm equinox before? Lmao . the fact we can share token make protea not that much of grinding . if they want us to grind they could have let the corpus treasurer only appear in 30min mark

I have all the frames, all the primes except Protea.

Khora was anoying because 20 min on SO, but it took me like 2 hours at most to get all that I needed.

Octavia was anoying because of the puzzle and RNG to get the part.

Harrow was anoying because screw defection.

Equinox wasn´t even that bad, you just had to get the parts for 2 frames, basically.

But I´m on my second DAY of farming and not a SINGLE frame drop.

That´s not normal, man. And if it is, it´s damn bad design.

17 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

That is factually false, not even mentioning Octavia.

Factually false? I got both frames within a couple hours of (admitedly, intense) playing.

I´m on my second day without getting a SINGLE part of this frame.

Sorry, but there´s nothing false about it.

I heard many people got it day one, but many of us are struggling to get it done now. 

Someone said in the game chat that they´re starting to think that the hotfix broke something in the loot table or something of the sort.

Would be nice to hear from DE about this.

1 minute ago, Richeatue said:

Weird, this must just be bad rng. How many runs have you done, because I believe there's a point where mathematically you should have it already.

Stopped counting after 80 runs.

Basically I´m a mindless drone at this point, darting through the missions nonstop without anything to show for it.

1 minute ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

Stopped counting after 80 runs.

Basically I´m a mindless drone at this point, darting through the missions nonstop without anything to show for it.

I'm not good at % but based on the wiki, I'm pretty sure there's only like a 0.01% chance of you not getting it yet, maybe not even that.

7 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

Is this working as intended? It doesn´t seem like 11% drop rate.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

I took a break from the game after the railjack disapointment and just got back.

Seriously, this grind is not exactly convincing me to stick around.

I spent well over 15 hours. Nothing but weapon parts to show for it. Not a single damn Chassis or Systems.

17 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

I'm not good at % but based on the wiki, I'm pretty sure there's only like a 0.01% chance of you not getting it yet, maybe not even that.

Percentages can be deceptive. I tried farming it for over 15 hours or maybe even an hour or two more. Not a single chassis or systems did I see. 

1 hour ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I have all the frames, all the primes except Protea.

Khora was anoying because 20 min on SO, but it took me like 2 hours at most to get all that I needed.

Octavia was anoying because of the puzzle and RNG to get the part.

Harrow was anoying because screw defection.

Equinox wasn´t even that bad, you just had to get the parts for 2 frames, basically.

But I´m on my second DAY of farming and not a SINGLE frame drop.

That´s not normal, man. And if it is, it´s damn bad design.

Yes but all of her parts drop on only 1 misson make it even harder to get what i missing and Tyr Regor boss fight take so long in my opinion . he always running away and i can't do nothing but wait he shows up again

8 hours ago, trst said:

It's rng and the game doesn't use pseudorandom or weighted drop rates. While yes you're very unlucky the system is working exactly as intended.

Designed...yes...intended...debatable.

Making people "work" for drops is fine but at some point it is just silly the claim "RNG" and ignore the flaws in the system.

Not a single Protea part...sure "nearly guaranteed" on the wiki says 59 +/- 20 runs...so at 80 runs it seems the 'max' to get one drop out of three...but it could be a little more...since "RNG" (lame justification IMO)...so I guess come back at 100 runs with no drops so someone can claim "RNG" and to suck it up...sigh.

I have none of the drops for the weapons or the frame at this point and not really all the excited to grind on this "content island"...sad people can't just play the game and get the 'rare' drops...

1 hour ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

Factually false? I got both frames within a couple hours of (admitedly, intense) playing.

I´m on my second day without getting a SINGLE part of this frame.

Sorry, but there´s nothing false about it.

I heard many people got it day one, but many of us are struggling to get it done now. 

Someone said in the game chat that they´re starting to think that the hotfix broke something in the loot table or something of the sort.

Would be nice to hear from DE about this.

Anecdotal evidence where you won all the internets and then didn't does not in any way shape or form reflect agregated player results over the course of several years.

5 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Anecdotal evidence where you won all the internets and then didn't does not in any way shape or form reflect agregated player results over the course of several years.

True. Considering that I´m part of said results over said several years, and having playing in multiple accounts in 2 different platforms, I have taken that into account.

I can´t speak for other people´s experiences with drops. All I can do is weight this one against all the other ones I´ve experienced.

This one is being the worse, by far.

I´m over 90 runs now. Mathematically, I´m past 11%. Still no drop.

I think I´ll just give the game a rest and try again when they release another hotfix. 

2 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´m over 90 runs now. Mathematically, I´m past 11%. Still no drop.

I think I´ll just give the game a rest and try again when they release another hotfix. 

Don't let people derail your thread. They will argue that since they got their stuff handed on a platter, your struggle is meaningless. They willfully make stupid arguments to derail and get the thread locked or moved or nuked. Don't waste your time.

Also, giving it up would be better. I am not playing the game until I hear something's been done to fix this. Ain't no way to make hundreds of runs per coin to end up with a ZEROOOOOO. 

As someone who endured T3 def. For ash prime helmet over 3 months and a 2 week grind of SO for khora systems I feel your struggle. When Nidus came out I had to run around 20 runs of salvage for his parts. My friend came back and got him in four runs.....While I was helping him. He got blocked for 2 weeks. I was that petty.

1 hour ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Designed...yes...intended...debatable.

Making people "work" for drops is fine but at some point it is just silly the claim "RNG" and ignore the flaws in the system.

Not a single Protea part...sure "nearly guaranteed" on the wiki says 59 +/- 20 runs...so at 80 runs it seems the 'max' to get one drop out of three...but it could be a little more...since "RNG" (lame justification IMO)...so I guess come back at 100 runs with no drops so someone can claim "RNG" and to suck it up...sigh.

I have none of the drops for the weapons or the frame at this point and not really all the excited to grind on this "content island"...sad people can't just play the game and get the 'rare' drops...

With the system the game is using you're roughly looking at a situation where 100 runs and not getting a Protea part is like rolling a ten-sided die 100 times and only landing on 2-10. It's unlikely to get that over 100 attempts but each individual attempt is still a 10% chance of rolling a 1 and a 90% chance of rolling anything else (Protea is an 11.11% drop but you should get the idea). And if it wasn't intended for the system to work like this then DE wouldn't be using a non weighted system as having people fall outside the expected curve is inevitable especially over a small number of runs.

Also if you have been running Granum and haven't gotten weapon or Protea part then unfortunately you've been running them wrong as the tier C rewards only give said parts.

Archived