Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The grind for Protea is BRUTAL

Fenrys_Delta

Complaining about the 11% not triggering uh well try farm Ivara with 5% chance to drop you'll see. I got Ivara blueprint by trying 20+ spy missions and then I was bored I thought it'll come eventually and I was right in the NW act requiring 3 spies last week I got 2 bp out the 3 runs in 15mins.  I was so happy.

Don't bother grind Protea doing over and over those missions just do Relic, Sorties and Syndicates like you do normally and it'll come. I don't expect to have Protea too soon like Grendel.

14 hours ago, Aldain said:

The reason why this is an issue is that the parts all have a 11.11% chance to drop.

Same issue with Atmo/Repeller systems on Fortuna, despite the logic being "1 in 10", it isn't high enough to show up with any consistency.

Harrow has a similar problem with its system blueprint, 11.28% locked to a C rotation, its just the worst part of RNG.

10% or less is a death sentence for anything that drops in Warframe unless it comes from something that doles rewards out multiple times per session.

Spending approximately 300 Plat (or even less with a discount coupon) is a BARGAIN to avoid a frustrating death sentence! Rejoice 😁😃😃😄.

(See what I did there? 😏).

I can only say that The Systems are just ridicules to get. (the nightmare crown)
I wanted to start getting the final part and then ease up that way. A friend did it the other way around.

He got the neurotics and the chassis. but we both after dozens of runs still do not have the bloody systems.
Making me consider to just buy the frame, while my friend does not want to (and simply can't) do that because he already got most of it.

There should be a guarantee limit somewhere that after X amount of completed runs you just gain it.

Aside of that, I got pretty much any frame out there yet my favorite is frost. The last void run does not allow to be completed it with every frame available. Only several frame are good to actually manage to complete it. (unmanageable if you are that person that does not have those frames)
These missions types should be available to every frame, with several that can do it easier. Not those few can do it, rest are just a burden for the squad.

18 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

Is this working as intended? It doesn´t seem like 11% drop rate.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

I took a break from the game after the railjack disapointment and just got back.

Seriously, this grind is not exactly convincing me to stick around.

No...its not. Was very fun to me. In two days got all parts. Enjoy the game....dont rush.

18 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

I took a break from the game after the railjack disapointment and just got back.

I remember back when i finally got regular mesa after continuous grind over 1 year... Bcos them keys.

This is nothing 

On 2020-06-13 at 2:30 PM, Fenrys_Delta said:

This is how they get you discouraged enough so that you actually buy it. The rng is a suck mechanic. They really should come up with a better way.  I guess it is working as intended  if they get you to spend money though 

11 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

Strange enough, that there are no similar posts in the case of Protea so far. (Imagining much!) 

On 2020-06-13 at 11:34 PM, hungryghost84 said:

i got her quite quickly in one day, just keep at it you will get there

On 2020-06-13 at 11:36 PM, Miser_able said:

wow. youre just really unlucky... I got each part on my first try

19 hours ago, Skine_ said:

I also got everything day 1.  was p easy

I can get that you're pissed for how the Rng work in that game (i am aswell but for other stuff, aka avionics lol) but he isnt imagining anything, is enough read the previous posts in that thread....

Sure there's not the "nothing to do" part but what else you gotta do in that update after you got the stuff from that "new void"?

And yes, be "patient and keep trying" like i am doing spamming Veil for nothing i need, actually just wanna Void Hole cuz is the best looking skill when casted (but hey, at least got 250 more Ablative shells and 200 more form ups than yesterday, also some more 0,1% chance to drop avio i got already like Seeker Volley and more fiery phoenixes) or wait and see if they will make it a walk in the park with future hotfixes (i doubt, if anything in one hotfix they made it harder  from what i read raising spectres req).

Tbh i think they touched the rates but if not then am a shiny example of how rng here work, MONTHS of RJ and ZERO forma bp at the end (3 times had riven slivers), in the last 3 days 7 forma BP's.

Le 13/06/2020 à 18:30, Fenrys_Delta a dit :

It is working as intended

And this is why I hate RNG 

Because you could technically hit that 89% chance to get everything else FOREVER 

And it's not just with Warframe , it's about literally anything that uses RNG ever 

Devs need to move away from RNG imo  

This grind for Protea is brutal. I love the idea of getting new weapons and all, but it would be better if they removed Endo from these drop tables altogether and just give a little increase to the drop rates. Endo is pretty much overflowing out of everything. Almost every other run I get either weapon parts, weapon parts, or weapon parts. Not a single Protea part has dropped. 

Yes, I have done the Harrow grind and the Nidus grind and I can tell you their drop rates seemed so much faster. I was able to get all their parts in less than 2 hours. But Protea.....Nope. I even bought Khora cause I wanted the extras, and still did the grind with some friends and they still ended up with ALL of Khora's parts in less than 3 hours. 

13 hours ago, Krilexis said:

Complaining about the 11% not triggering uh well try farm Ivara with 5% chance to drop you'll see. I got Ivara blueprint by trying 20+ spy missions and then I was bored I thought it'll come eventually and I was right in the NW act requiring 3 spies last week I got 2 bp out the 3 runs in 15mins.  I was so happy.

Don't bother grind Protea doing over and over those missions just do Relic, Sorties and Syndicates like you do normally and it'll come. I don't expect to have Protea too soon like Grendel.

Ivara was a cakewalk. I got her parts in 2 days. Somehow, I guess I got really lucky.

3 days of grinding is nothing and this mission type is stoopidfast. You can solo this easy (in fact, doing with pubs is worse because they bring the wrong frames and bump up your kill target). Harrow, Nidus and Ivara took me much longer and the Harrow defection was negative fun. Some people have this grind worse than others, but it's no different. I'm not unsympathetic, it's frustrating, but 3 days isn't that bad. 

Ultimately though if you gamers don't enjoy it, then DE have got the model wrong. Some way of changing the drop chance over time would probably improve the sentiment. After 10 runs goes from 11% chance to 15 then to 20 after 20 runs? That would leave people feeling less as though each unsuccessful attempt was pointless. Equally DE need to make money somehow, so... People don't just throw money at them and they have substantial costs. 

Personally my disappointment is that the Granum Void mode is effectively done once you've got the rewards, but then, that's the same for much of the game. It will probably become a NW target in future but I'd like to see something more challenging than just Warframe chores.

23 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Khora is worse IMO it gets old real fast.

At least you are getting new weapons too with Protea farm. 

Khora is the only thing worth farming in SO. And you have like 5% chance to get her BP after 20 minutes farm.

This is why with certain warframes, I just wait for their prime and never touch the normal versions.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

This is why with certain warframes, I just wait for their prime and never touch the normal versions.

Having said that, the fact that many primes are easier to farm than their basic variants shows a REAL problem with the grind in this game. Primes should be more difficult. But normal variants shouldn't be like Kora, Harrow Systems, Ivara, release Nidus, Saryn (though I got really lucky with her), etc. I hope DE doesn't look at this and go "welp, let's make the prime farm even more unbearable than Kora," and instead think "maybe we're really pushing way too much grind and rng on this basic content." I saw the Protea drop table and I already decided that I'm going to wait for her prime in 3 years before I even touch her grind. I'll play through the story once it hits consoles, but I will not be subjecting myself to more torture. I've been through way too much of that... dozens of liches with no ephemera, Twirling Spire taking 2 weeks of all day grind to get, Soma Prime stock taking 7 hours worth of capture radshares and bounties to get, Cetus standing, and so on. Nope, not doin it. I just don't touch certain content in this game because it's so bad - not the game, just a good amount of content. And it's a real shame a videogame meant to be fun ends up deterring people because it feels worse than a second job.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Having said that, the fact that many primes are easier to farm than their basic variants shows a REAL problem with the grind in this game. Primes should be more difficult. But normal variants shouldn't be like Kora, Harrow Systems, Ivara, release Nidus, Saryn (though I got really lucky with her), etc. I hope DE doesn't look at this and go "welp, let's make the prime farm even more unbearable than Kora," and instead think "maybe we're really pushing way too much grind and rng on this basic content." I saw the Protea drop table and I already decided that I'm going to wait for her prime in 3 years before I even touch her grind. I'll play through the story once it hits consoles, but I will not be subjecting myself to more torture. I've been through way too much of that... dozens of liches with no ephemera, Twirling Spire taking 2 weeks of all day grind to get, Soma Prime stock taking 7 hours worth of capture radshares and bounties to get, and so on. Nope, not doin it.

They should make the normal frames a guaranteed drop from a mission. Preferrably a quest mission, with some lore and backstory of the frame.

They started with Protea blueprint and seem to not bother doing the rest.

Then when they launch the prime version, they can insert RNG into it and use the tried and proven relic system to get the parts, since by that point we already know the story and played the quest for that frame to get the regular version.

DE missed an oportunity here. They could have used railjack to deliver a few quest missions and get the parts for Protea.

EVERYONE would be playing railjack right now.

All this grind is doing is pissing people off. Yes, the mission is quick, but it´s not less frustrating to run it almost a HUNDRED times and still don´t get the drop.

All these years playing Warframe and dealing with RNG in basically everything is starting to really weigh on the playerbase and I really hope DE starts moving away from it.

I know DE is doing what they can and this pandemic is not helping anyone, but hopefully it will be over soon. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

This is how they get you discouraged enough so that you actually buy it. The rng is a suck mechanic. They really should come up with a better way.  I guess it is working as intended  if they get you to spend money though 

This and grendel is the same level of discouraging frustration that seems to be DEs new method for shoving people to the plat market.  It's too convenient not to be done on purpose.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Sure there's not the "nothing to do" part but what else you gotta do in that update after you got the stuff from that "new void"?

Try new builds, try new fashion, have some dumb fun. Just like I did with all the new frames. Anyway, the type of content I usually play is fissures and liches and occasional arbi anyway. I don't see how you suppose we will stop playing after getting Protea. 

If the excuse for wonky rng is that people need to keep playing, then that's not completely going to work. Case in point of me not playing after being given the middle finger by rng. 

Archived