Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The grind for Protea is BRUTAL

Fenrys_Delta

1 hour ago, Rey153 said:

Devs need to move away from RNG imo  

Yeah! How hard it would be to make the attempts drop "Protea tokens". Let's say 100 total tokens let's you buy her systems. This way there won't be people not getting the drop even after 400 runs. (Also it wouldn't be brain dead easy too cuz it's still going to take a minimum of 100 tries.)

3 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I don't see how you suppose we will stop playing after getting Protea. 

I did supposed anything lol?

Just pointed out that what you was saying was just wrong (and someone else pointed out little later too).

Well, i actually suppose you can do ALL the stuff you mentioned even without Protea (for sure i can do when she will be out on ps4 too but look like you cant for some strange reason if first you dont get her).

5 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

If the excuse for wonky rng is that people need to keep playing, then that's not completely going to work.

Look like it work instead, is working from long before i even started play this game and will keep work in future too, rng over rng over rng, beside IF I dare say that droprate is lame reply is always the same "buy from other players" (and apparently rule only work when I want something and cant drop it).

Let alone i never said that's a good system lol, in fact resemble more a cellphone game system than true good old mmorpg (but well to be fair am not sure WF can be called mmorpg).

So yeah, if patience isnt your best virtue then you can get another "supercommon reply" around here, "just make plats selling prime parts and get her right away" (nm if you got already 476 billions plats, that's a standard reply i se often).

Just removing the endo from the drop table and move a couple of weapon parts around, would improve the drop rates and make the grind a little more forgiving.We already have more than enough ways to get endo. It drops from basic enemies during missions for the Lotus's sake.

Example: the barrels of each weapon to tier 1 at each difficulty would ease the frustration just a little.

18小时前 , Nehra96 说:

Strange enough, that there are no similar posts in the case of Protea so far. (Imagining much!) 

I get every thing in one night. I guess i go back to afk until tennocon. It seen to be the current state of warfame.

В 14.06.2020 в 07:11, Fenrys_Delta сказал:

I have all the frames, all the primes except Protea.

Khora was anoying because 20 min on SO, but it took me like 2 hours at most to get all that I needed.

Octavia was anoying because of the puzzle and RNG to get the part.

Octo - its best quest for me at this moment. I didn’t get so much adrenaline on any quest yet. the last stage with jumps is such a magnificent thing that I cannot describe the sensations. I played without the help of friends and wikis, I thought of everything myself. played for Nova and for me it was more difficult than for others (if I remember correctly there are frames that make it easier to go through)
Khora. in 2 months of the game, I reached the 8th wave so many times .... and the system did not fall. For the last 4 days, I specifically went after the system and pumped out several weapons 3-4 times (form), Protea - 3 forms, Nezha ... 3/5 times there were people who left from the 5-6 zone. If there was an automatic machine for exchanging 10 parts for 1 system (why not, Simeris?) - I would have already received 2 Khora. I was ready to scream like a gopher in a video. But at night, finally knocked out this system. Now a month I will not go to this location.
As for Protea - I got optics playing solo. I got the body after about 2.5 hours with the same people. When I went further for the system - the first time a person put a second coin and the body fell to us. Cool, right? 2.5 hours - did not fall, but here 2 in a row! Next, about 30-40 minutes per system. In total, it took about 4+ hours. In addition to this - a weapon (the blade never fell out).
So in terms of farm, I would simply suggest that when you complete the most necessary number of killings, you simply automatically leave the location so that people do not beat unnecessary killings. I saw a screenshot where there were about 1.2k kills. It was possible to do another 3-4 runs to try, but people sat and killed ... For what?

On 2020-06-13 at 5:30 PM, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

Is this working as intended? It doesn´t seem like 11% drop rate.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

I took a break from the game after the railjack disapointment and just got back.

Seriously, this grind is not exactly convincing me to stick around.

DE makes money this way. Game development is not charity work. It takes effort and time developing new content for the game. RNG GAAS F2P games behaves this way. 

Most likely you were extremly unlucky, you may be part of 1% of all players, it takes 39 runs to have 99% chance of droping, but its still not 100%, 1 out 100 players wont get it after 39 runs, also you said you did 80 runs but it was in all three different coins I assume, so you didnt reach that 39 runs yet so actually you arent yet within 1% of all players.

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

DE makes money this way. Game development is not charity work. It takes effort and time developing new content for the game. RNG GAAS F2P games behaves this way. 

I disagree. I play the game since beta and not once I felt as though I "needed" to buy plat.

And yet this is the game I´ve spent the most. Mainly because I want to support it, so I buy plat here and there or an access pack.

If the game is moving in the direction of "let´s make the game boring so we can sell time savers", it´s not gonna end well for them.

2 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

I disagree. I play the game since beta and not once I felt as though I "needed" to buy plat.

And yet this is the game I´ve spent the most. Mainly because I want to support it, so I buy plat here and there or an access pack.

If the game is moving in the direction of "let´s make the game boring so we can sell time savers", it´s not gonna end well for them.

Disagree all you want. 

That's how DE runs this business. You deal with it or play another game. 

Simple. 

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Disagree all you want. 

That's how DE runs this business. You deal with it or play another game. 

Simple. 

If you read carefully the last line of my previous post, you´ll see that´s kinda what I said.

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Then why write a thread whining about it? 

How do you expect things to change if we don´t voice our concerns?

If I was a game developer, I´d be happy to see people "whining" about my game, instead of outright quiting.

I never minded the grind for mats and the usual relic hunts for prime parts.

But I´m sick of RNG in EVERYTHING. And I´m willing to bet I´m not the only one.

1 hour ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

How do you expect things to change if we don´t voice our concerns?

Concerns about what? Reward you like a child with few rides so you get your items quick? 

If I was a game developer, I´d be happy to see people "whining" about my game, instead of outright quiting.

"If I where king of the world" 

oh boy....

I never minded the grind for mats and the usual relic hunts for prime parts.

But I´m sick of RNG in EVERYTHING. And I´m willing to bet I´m not the only one.

Read my first post. That's how DE makes their money. You deal with it or play another game. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

Concerns about what? Reward you like a child with few rides so you get your items quick? 

"If I ware king of the world" 

oh boy....

Read my first post. That's how DE makes their money. You deal with it or play another game. 

lol what do you mean, "reward you like a child"? I couldn´t care less about the rewards. I´ve got enough plat to buy the frame ten times over.

I´m talking about game mechanics, here. And how the game could benefit from having less RNG built into it.

They could even increase the grind, I don´t care. As long as there´s less RNG.

And no, that´s not how DE operates. If it was, we wouldn´t have the option to trade plat in game.

Your "You deal with it or play another game" line tells me you´re a very agreeable person. You seem to accept things passively the way they come.

Being realistic is one thing, being passive is quite another.

10 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

lol what do you mean, "reward you like a child"? I couldn´t care less about the rewards. I´ve got enough plat to buy the frame ten times over.

You don't need to make threads like this then. 

I´m talking about game mechanics, here. And how the game could benefit from having less RNG built into it.

They could even increase the grind, I don´t care. As long as there´s less RNG.

This is how they run their business. If you want to make a game, you have Unreal engine 4.5 or Unigine. Community 2.11 free. Use them. 

And no, that´s not how DE operates. If it was, we wouldn´t have the option to trade plat in game.

Your "You deal with it or play another game" line tells me you´re a very agreeable person. You seem to accept things passively the way they come.

If I don't like the game I simply change it for another. If I don't like a developer, I simply switch for a better one. That simple. 

Being realistic is one thing, being passive is quite another.

Your comments will not alter the orbit of earth around the sun. Your whining will not make them reduce the RNG. 

27 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You don't need to make threads like this then. 

This is how they run their business. If you want to make a game, you have Unreal engine 4.5 or Unigine. Community 2.11 free. Use them. 

If I don't like the game I simply change it for another. If I don't like a developer, I simply switch for a better one. That simple. 

Your comments will not alter the orbit of earth around the sun. Your whining will not make them reduce the RNG. 

Ever heard "nothing ventured, nothing gained"? There you go.

While earth´s orbit around the sun can´t be changed, a small change in a videogame certainly can.

And we did it several times in the past. You remember when Akvasto Prime was released a while back? It had a terrible, terrible recoil, compared to the regular version.

We voiced our concerns and DE listened and scaled the recoil back to what it was.

I´m not saying that they have an obligation to make this or that changes, but if they know what we like and what we don´t like, they can make a better informed decision on how to proceed going forward.

2 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

Ever heard "nothing ventured, nothing gained"? There you go.

While earth´s orbit around the sun can´t be changed, a small change in a videogame certainly can.

The is no point whining on something that is not going to change. The time gate access is there because this is how the game does the economy. 

There is no such thing as a free lunch. This video game is a luxury you have for your free time. Your life doesn't depends on it. A small change like that will never happen. 

And we did it several times in the past. You remember when Akvasto Prime was released a while back? It had a terrible, terrible recoil, compared to the regular version.

We voiced our concerns and DE listened and scaled the recoil back to what it was.

Those are minor parametric adjustments in the program. Takes few minutes to implement those. 

RNG is the source and food for this game. You have to deal with it even if you like it or not. 

I´m not saying that they have an obligation to make this or that changes, but if they know what we like and what we don´t like, they can make a better informed decision on how to proceed going forward.

Writing and saying "we demand less RNG" traduces to "DE your income gain will be harder to get". It is what it is. 

Simple. 

I didn't follow the full conversation but is the discussion here that to earn income, game companies will lie about drop rates (i.e. secretly they will code it to be a smaller %) ?  I came across many players in game who are struggling to get protea part. But I have only done about 30 tier 1 runs so far so too early to say from my experience.

PS: One positive I took from otherwise sad journey of farming protea is that with a right build, you can get insane amount of xp in granum void missions. My squadmates and I gave up on Protea and were just enjoying ranking new weapons SUPER FAST with like 4k + kills per mission (as opposed to 150 required) !! We used 1 volt prime + 1 banshee prime while other squadmates helped with time pickup and energy restores.

On 2020-06-14 at 8:08 PM, Fenrys_Delta said:

They should make the normal frames a guaranteed drop from a mission. Preferrably a quest mission, with some lore and backstory of the frame.

They started with Protea blueprint and seem to not bother doing the rest.

Then when they launch the prime version, they can insert RNG into it and use the tried and proven relic system to get the parts, since by that point we already know the story and played the quest for that frame to get the regular version.

DE missed an oportunity here. They could have used railjack to deliver a few quest missions and get the parts for Protea.

EVERYONE would be playing railjack right now.

All this grind is doing is pissing people off. Yes, the mission is quick, but it´s not less frustrating to run it almost a HUNDRED times and still don´t get the drop.

All these years playing Warframe and dealing with RNG in basically everything is starting to really weigh on the playerbase and I really hope DE starts moving away from it.

I know DE is doing what they can and this pandemic is not helping anyone, but hopefully it will be over soon. 

I echo every sentiment.

At least the void is less tedious than farming khora's BP/System, Harrow's System, or any part of Equinox. I mean, those grinds are what gives you mental breakdown.

I am on my way to reaching 50th run without protea system. Glad i could sell my extra weapons parts for at least 5p each.

On 2020-06-15 at 2:18 PM, Felsagger said:

That is just so freakin hilarious! "Lets base our revenue on chance!"

Yeah... no.

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Or use chance as a grind wall while paying for stuff becomes the short cut. 

No?....yes. 

That would require it to take a considerable amount of time for the majority of players, which it never does. So if their revenue is based on that RNG, they rely on 1% or so of their playerbase, the most unlucky. 

If a company actually intends to cash in on their new "playable" releases they tend to go the PWE way, where you release something that is absurdly timegates, where a non-paying player needs about a year of daily grinding to buy it for the freely obtained premium cash of the game. WF and DE are far from that point since those with bad luck can just buy the frame straight up for traded plat. 

Not even prime access is a money maker based on the RNG obtainment of the frames since the price is just so high for it.

Archived