Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The grind for Protea is BRUTAL

Fenrys_Delta

This kind of thread again. 

Everything has already been said multiple times and people at this point just argue in circles or against each other opinions. 

The (average) grind for Protea ist much easier and less time consuming than for some other Frames, but RNG obviously gives extreme outliers. 
To avoid this, something like a pity - or token - system could be implemented. Which, I guess, the literal token/coin - nature of the update should have made easy!
After all, what are you doing with all the coins, once you got the few unique rewards? Farm Endo? Well good luck with that, when every other drop is something you don`t need at all anymore. 
A token system would have made a lot of sense here. Remove (at least most) of the unique parts from the drop table and add them to a "buy with X amount of coins" - table from the Pyramid/founder - shrine. Or, more likely, replace the unique rewards in the Granum Void with tokens and add a place to trade them for the unique parts and something useful (Forma, Exilus Adapter Blueprints, Mods, Decoration - the usual), so we actually have a reason to play the Granum Void! 
The Granum Void is bad game design, in that you have little to no reason to come back, once you have grinded the unique parts, making all the effort that went into it a waste of development time, since it will become a dead part of the game.
Changing it into a mix of token system and farmable content, would make RNG more rewarding, remove dead drops, without reducing the actual average time needed to get the parts and make sure, people don`t completely ignore it, after getting the unique parts.   

On 2020-06-14 at 12:30 AM, Fenrys_Delta said:

Is this working as intended? It doesn´t seem like 11% drop rate.

Yes.

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Neuroptics Blueprint 11.11% 9 – 10 C Rotations 59 ± 20 C Rotations
Chassis Blueprint
(Extended)
11.11% 9 – 10 C Rotations 59 ± 20 C Rotations
Systems Blueprint
(Nightmare)

When you add the worse case scenario it's 237 missions and it's Nearly Guaranteed - that means 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% chance to get it. You still have a chance not to get it.

And no, it's not the worse grind - the worse grind in the game in terms of numbers if rng doesn't like you it's the ivara grind - it's 381 mission for the nearly guaranteed option, so it could be more in theory.I did 250+ for her, but some people reached the max.

I got Protea in about 2-3 days with less then 80 missions for all the parts.
I bet someone will get her in 3 mission and someone will get her in 230+.

On 2020-06-21 at 9:22 PM, Felsagger said:

Answering your previous post. Monster Hunter world is an ARPG. 

Moving the goalpost again? 

Except that not all arpgs fall under the same system. If you had read my post properly you would have seen that I was talking about games with heavy emphasis on crafting. WF is about as heavy on crafting as it can get but is also the most "forgiving" crafting system since you arent tied up with it in any way. You dont need to level it, you dont need to manually sit there and craft something etc. There is no time lost in WF since you can do whatever you like while things craft. Need to make energy pizzas? Go do a missions in between crafts.

On 2020-06-13 at 5:47 PM, Fenrys_Delta said:

Honestly, they started well, integrating the new frame with the story. 

Instead of just cutting the story short, giving you the blueprint and going like "now go grind your ass for the parts", why not continue the story for a few more missions with the parts as rewards?

RNG on top of grind is just a frustrating experience.

This x 1000 . Best part of warframe updates are always the quests / lore, yet DE is always so stingy with their story missions. In the end we get quests that last one hour / 2 hours at best and then it's done. Wish de would record more voice lines and make more story missions, even if they are just reskinned starchart missions with actual lore in them. Can't be that hard to produce, you just need a script and to give more lines for your voice actors to record, and then you can make longer quests that reveal more lore, then you give out the frame parts and guns in these quests as the "carrot on the stick", instead of making you repeat the granuum void and jakal boss for 10 hours if you are unlucky with your drops.

I've only been picking up the tokens when they drop and not specifically farming them, so I've got a long way to go for any of this.  

I've only picked up around 12 or so tokens and screwed up a few runs figuring out how to do it.  I have no parts and just a single identical weapon part that's dropped a few times. 

My point is, I'm in no rush.  If this grind was as bad as Khora (which I almost quit game because of), I'd just buy her and move on. I may do that, once I get all the weapon parts if I'm not close to completion, I'll buy and skip the grind. 

Better off grining relics in missions that are fun, trading them in for ducats, then selling prime mods or Prisma weapons.  Heck, selling prime junk can be more rewarding.  

Sometimes RNG kicks you in the nuts then waits for you to fall down and kicks in your head.  If you can skip it faster than playing through it directly and it is no longer fun, skip it. 

There are ways around it while still being F2P.  Save your sanity and skip it.  

Do you level your crafting in WF? Is so you should likely report it as a bug. And if you sit there being locked out of content during the crafting period, I suggest you should report that too.

It seems you have extremely limited experience with crafting systems if you think that you actually advance in WF's crafting or if you think it somehow takes time away from you.

When a game requires you to have an open tab open as you craft, effectively locking you out from doing other things, then it is an effective time sink. Say a potion takes 30 seconds to craft and you need to have the crafting tab open for it not to be interrupted, then that craft effectively removes 30 seconds of your playtime. That means that after 120 crafted potions you've just lose an effective hour of playtime. In WF we click esc+equippment+foundry, click the items we wanna craft and go about our business elsewhere in the game while it crafts. We can also craft several different items at a time, not several of the same, but several different items, which costs us no effective time at all.

Somehow I get this strong feeling that whenever you try to argue something you do some quick search online, try and read up or watch a YT video about it, then you try to use that info without actual experience backing it up. Which often results in you using some fancy words but dont really know what it is you are talking about in the end. Because that which you bring up sounds like something taken directly from a script or some word for word sum up of a video you didnt quite get the context of. Or in some cases it sounds like you wanna use the "word of the day/month" from your cereal box.

il y a une heure, iHeuksal a dit :

RNG my a**

And yet still no Systems. fml.

You did 51 runs according to your screenshots and got 2 parts. You are definitely on the very unlucky side(assuming you did not run for the same part after getting it)/ However 51 runs is less than 4 hours of optimal grind(4mn per part), wich is not far from the expected outcome. I recommend you building a team or(going alone if you have a lot of spare coins) and abort if you don't have what you need to save a bit of time for your last part, this way it takes 20mn on average getting the part.

2 hours ago, Galuf said:

You did 51 runs according to your screenshots and got 2 parts. You are definitely on the very unlucky side(assuming you did not run for the same part after getting it)/ However 51 runs is less than 4 hours of optimal grind(4mn per part), wich is not far from the expected outcome. I recommend you building a team or(going alone if you have a lot of spare coins) and abort if you don't have what you need to save a bit of time for your last part, this way it takes 20mn on average getting the part.

And about 10 shoulder accessory rewards, which ain't stacking.

Aborting the mission wouldn't make any sense, since you cannot see the items at the result screen during the mission. You only will reveale them at the end.

I am soloing the entire thing, since it is much faster and I don't rely on others which mostly leech (saw lots of complaints about AFK limbos and Co., the typical sh*t).

Just going into the granum void, killing stuff within 30~50 seconds, capturing target, waiting for the annoying NPC to spawn (which can be a lucky 2:30 minutes or 4:55 minutes on mission timer), killing him and grabbing the coin -> extraction -> repeat.

On 2020-06-13 at 6:47 PM, Fenrys_Delta said:

Honestly, they started well, integrating the new frame with the story. 

Instead of just cutting the story short, giving you the blueprint and going like "now go grind your ass for the parts", why not continue the story for a few more missions with the parts as rewards?

RNG on top of grind is just a frustrating experience.

Exactly! Why not continue the story, DE??? More story, pls, like the ones in Leverian! I want to acquire warframes by playing they stories.

Le 13/06/2020 à 23:30, Fenrys_Delta a dit :

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

Dude, take it easy. Unless it's fun for you to do so many Granum Void in one day, you should probably slow it down. I'm playing Warframe while hating the farm, the only way I found to get through this is to not farm at all.

Just play Granum Void for what it is, have fun with it, maybe 5 runs then stop for the day. The more you tryhard, the more annoyed you'll be.

Always grind with low expectations, that way you dont get disappointed, if after 5+ run you dont get what you want, switch to other run to get something else, keep in mind that this content is staying for good, its not an event that has a time limit. My principle with warframe content grind is "i will eventually get them all". 

That said, i got all the granum void content and new jackal stuff in less than 6 hours. RnG is just like that. 

On 2020-06-22 at 5:13 AM, vegetosayajin said:

Yes.

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Neuroptics Blueprint 11.11% 9 – 10 C Rotations 59 ± 20 C Rotations
Chassis Blueprint
(Extended)
Systems Blueprint
(Nightmare)

When you add the worse case scenario it's 237 missions and it's Nearly Guaranteed - that means 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% chance to get it. You still have a chance not to get it.

And no, it's not the worse grind - the worse grind in the game in terms of numbers if rng doesn't like you it's the ivara grind - it's 381 mission for the nearly guaranteed option, so it could be more in theory.I did 250+ for her, but some people reached the max.

I got Protea in about 2-3 days with less then 80 missions for all the parts.
I bet someone will get her in 3 mission and someone will get her in 230+.

We've ran just the Tier 1 close to 25-28 times and still no Helm BP.....we checked these so-called drop rates as listed and frankly, they're a joke. We talked about in the past with Prime Frames and Weapon Parts (Rare) thru Relics, we never had to run that many to get them. Worse case on getting anything I can remember was Nidus Helm and that took close to 21 runs. By far and not even close...getting just One Part ...this Helm...for any Frame or Weapon...has been the worst experience I've ever had and we've been playing since day one on the PS4 when the game was released.

So sorry, but those figures of 11% and "Expected Drop in 9-10 Rotations"...nope....and I've seen countless others in chat and forums say the same thing. We're going to try Tier 2 tonight and I've put a 15 Run Limit in. No-way am I going to do 45-80 runs for a Frame that as of now is (A),,,not even a Prime...and (B) not exactly has been touted and praised as one of the best...we've got other Frames, Weapons, places to see, work on and do

On 2020-06-14 at 12:30 AM, Fenrys_Delta said:

I´ve done over 80 Granum Void runs, got parts to craft each weapons over 20 times, got several capturas and armor attachments but not a SINGLE Protea part has dropped.

I´m on my second day farming for this thing and will probably come empty handed again.

I took a break from the game after the railjack disapointment and just got back.

Seriously, this grind is not exactly convincing me to stick around.

Working as intended? Well if you buy it with platinum then yes, perfect success. That's why there will always be worse, duller grind. They are purposefully made boring to "encourage" platinum sales. And since it's working so well according to all these dumbasses that buy them all, it is never going to get better.

I bought the bundle just because I had a ton of extra plat to spend and I was looking forward to using her. Just finished getting the codex entries and running random granum missions while doing that, and just had her last part drop. Maybe 30-40 runs total for everything. But to me it was a pretty passive farm, there was enough stuff to grab while doing it. Made some easy plat selling extra parts too so I didn’t really have any issues with this one. 

Archived