Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12% Flame Repellant, You Weedy, Odious Horse!

alocrius

Ohhh, you boorish foul, unicorn dropping.  You stinking craven wart-hog lover!  If thou were more generous, perhaps I could overlook thine wretched and barren table.  But nay, just nigh of useful you taunt me with the benevolent shield thou might so easily grant but never will.. you vulgar, hideous latrine feeder.  I wash my hands of you.

Edited by alocrius

If you take a rhino, take max steel fiber, and 12% flame repellent, the math works out that you'll be taking somewhere around 12% fire damage.

While that's not as great as say, Diamond Skin, which, in the same place, would make you take only 6% of laser damage, it's still pretty good.

Ohhh, you boorish foul, unicorn dropping.  You stinking craven wart-hog lover!  If thou were more generous, perhaps I could overlook thine wretched and barren table.  But nay, just nigh of useful you taunt me with the benevolent shield thou might so easily grant but never will.. you vulgar, hideous latrine feeder.  I wash my hands of you.

you don't have redirection?

If you take a rhino, take max steel fiber, and 12% flame repellent, the math works out that you'll be taking somewhere around 12% fire damage.

While that's not as great as say, Diamond Skin, which, in the same place, would make you take only 6% of laser damage, it's still pretty good.

That's an interesting point you raise.  I had never considered maxing out steel fiber before.   But also it seems like maxed steel fiber is doing most of the work here, which doesn't excuse fire repellent, in my book.

you don't have redirection?

Really? You're going to throw me under the bus phil? :p  I was thinking if flame repellent was on par effectively with the usefulness of other mods wouldn't it be nice to have along on survival missions against grineer napalm'ers?  As it is, no one I know uses it.

Edited by alocrius

I was thinking if flame repellent was on par effectively with the usefulness of other mods wouldn't it be nice to have along on survival missions against grineer napalm'ers?  As it is, no one I know uses it.

I use laser and flame resist when I'm chaining survival or defense of the same faction.  Otherwise I don't bother myself with swapping things around.

I use laser and flame resist when I'm chaining survival or defense of the same faction.  Otherwise I don't bother myself with swapping things around.

So your saying that you can actually feel that 12% improving your quality of tenno-life?  I actually hadn't ever used it assuming it was an entirely negligible benefit..  I'd hate to have to eat my own words, especially the unicorn dropping.

Strange, I'm restricted to 10 mod slots. Wonder how you get that 12.

Really...that is just a waste of effectiveness. A @(*()$ huge one.

i have never slotted nor upgraded laser, flame, cold, etc warframe defense mods.

i think the concept of them is neat, though, and am happy they are there.

when armor 2.0 is implemented, i have a feeling these mods may become worthwhile.  whether they will be at the appropriate level of power remains to be seen, but i think it would be difficult to power balance them for the new system that is not yet implemented (but hopefully designed).

that being said, if my customers gave me feedback in reference to unicorn bodily functions i might never hate work again.  : )