The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on PS5

(PSN)Lord_Kuku

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

He is correct anything transferring data will read or write to the ssd it’s common knowledge. Unless they have secondary storage or figure out how to update a console without writing said data onto the ssd he’s very correct

Nand SSDs page writing downgrades depending on the amount of data. That part is accurate. But he's making supposition about a machine that no one knows how it operates. That's why his comment shows disinformation and ignorance. He doesn't know about the architecture of this machine. He talks as if Sony where unable to know such thing. A company that makes hardware can't ignore the limitation of the components. We are talking about a company that is specialized in hardware manufacture. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Where have you seen pre order pricing as analysts are speculating that the ps5 will be around $500 usd. Slightly higher than the PS4 I do agree. But thinking it will cost an exorbitant amount more then that is insane imo. Consoles will always be more affordable than a pc or at least from a marketing standpoint it should. As if the ps5 teeters above the $600 price range people would just go get a ryzen second gen budget gpu an ssd and probs a 1tb hard drive and be satisfied. 

On swedish/european outlets, like mediamarkt, webhallen, cdon and so on. Prices may obviously change but it is the estimate cost here and I doubt it will be far off seeing as how the other generations have been nearly spot on.

15 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I am taking this PS5 reveal with a grain of salt. Ray tracing support? How much FPS will I get? I have a good feeling it can only play 1080p120fps, 1440p 60fps, and 4k30fps with Ray tracing on because console FPS are locked, not to mention the graphics will slightly have to be automatically degraded to keep up the FPS demand. As a 144hz and max setting user I can’t stand it. 

I don’t think DE needs to up their graphics too much. Remember low end users are also DE’s target audience which is why they always make slight compromises on graphics and aggressive optimizations to make the game can run on their rigs. 

The bolded part is true, that is the info that has been given.

No point to try to convince the blind PS5 fans regarding WF and the graphics. They still dont seem to get that this is a F2P game where the amount of players is the most important part of their business. They live on some pink fluffy clouds thinking DE will shaft low end PC users and current gen console players in order to change the focus into high end current gen PCs and next gen consoles. The game will still be a PC primary where each console/gen gets it's own tweaking of the graphics to fit as well as possible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Yes it will still take time to load, its not about the performance speed, its about the connection speed, you basically create or join session, if its only solo or offline single player then it should load instantly like advertised on PS5. 

Good point, TY.

War Frame is a GAAS game that has the intent to capture the attention of a vast majority that includes consoles. Consoles are sold under the premise of a generational leap. 

Consoles are more viable than PCs in terms of costs values. But for this case Sony has a significant market share in the business that is growing exponentially. Consoles are resembling PC more and more. However they are not strict PCs as we know them. Top quality games are needed for the sale of such console. PC doesn't have that burden. 

On console generations the increase is not only done in graphics. The increase happens in animation, resolution of textures, illumination, level of detail, model swapping, procedural tessellation, frames per second and output of information among many other things like physics simulation. Developers are not forced by any means to adapt, adopt and evolve. They can keep up with their approaches however the new blood of developers will hit the floor running with better looking graphics, game play and world interactivity. 

If DE is really interested to stay for the next seven years, graphic updates, A.I., physics simulations are greatly considered during a generation leap. 

Edited by Felsagger

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

War Frame is a GAAS game that has the intent to capture the attention of a vast majority. Consoles are sold under the premise of a generational leap. 

Consoles are more viable than PCs in terms of costs values. But for this case Sony has a significant market share in the business that is growing exponentially. Consoles are resembling PC more and more. However they are not strict PCs as we know them. Top quality games are needed for the sale of such console. PC doesn't have that burden. 

On console generations the increase is not only done in graphics. The increase happens in animation, resolution of textures, illumination, level of detail, model swapping, procedural tessellation, frames per second and output of information among many other things like physics simulation. Developers are not forced by any means to adapt, adopt and evolve. They can keep up with their approaches however the new blood of developers will hit the floor running with better looking graphics, game play and world interactivity. 

If DE is really interested to stay for the next seven years, graphic updates, A.I., physics simulations are greatly considered during a generation leap. 

Could not agree with you anymore.The only problem I see with next gen is that a lot of people don't realize that their TV could be the bottle neck to having the next gen systems to use their full potential. Thats why I made sure the TV I have will run games at 4K 60fps @ 120hz. If needed the TV I have will do 60fps @ 240hz.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Kuku
Added to Comment
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'm more interested in what will happen to "old" consoles.. will they immediately drop it? Will they support 1 or 2 more years? Will they continue to develop, but just less graphical intense?

Curious.

I'll upgrade if they force close the game on console.

Sony understood that a console insertion doesn't happen in a matter of days. Transitions of the player base takes about three years minimum. Sony is known for the support of the PS consoles. They don't drop support all of a sudden like other companies. A great example was the PS2. The PS2 helped financially take care of the PS3 slow start. Sony always support their product for a very long period of time. 

On 2020-06-15 at 3:23 PM, Felsagger said:

Sony understood that a console insertion doesn't happen in a matter of days. Transitions of the player base takes about three years minimum. Sony is known for the support of the PS consoles. They don't drop support all of a sudden like other companies. A great example was the PS2. The PS2 helped financially take care of the PS3 slow start. Sony always support their product for a very long period of time. 

On 2020-06-15 at 3:04 PM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'm more interested in what will happen to "old" consoles.. will they immediately drop it? Will they support 1 or 2 more years? Will they continue to develop, but just less graphical intense?

Curious.

Sony has already announced that the PS4 will still get support, updates, new games ect. for at least the next 4 years. After the release of the PS5

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

War Frame is a GAAS game that has the intent to capture the attention of a vast majority that includes consoles. Consoles are sold under the premise of a generational leap. 

While you have some points, the console will still be lacking for all of the "graphic wh***s" out there because they will always be behind PC when it comes to FPS, which is something more and more gamers gets used to having more and more of when they play.

Current gen consoles have issue performing at 60fps, something that has been the norm for PC games for the last 20 years or so. Next gen will be capped at 120fps at 1080p, and 60fps at 1440p. This while PC's just get better and better and can run at atleast 60fps at 4k. Sure the hardware in the consoles may be great for the next gen, but they will still perform worse if you are seeking the best graphics along with performance.

The resolution is just part of a smooth and beautiful gaming experience.

Not to mention that in order to get the most out of your console you need a pretty decent TV aswell, so you are soon sitting at or higher than the price of an equally performning PC with a monitor included, with options to do far more things while not using it just to play games or stream movies/TV shows etc.

On 2020-06-15 at 2:48 AM, Felsagger said:

You need to read more often?  

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71340/understanding-the-ps5s-ssd-deep-dive-into-next-gen-storage-tech/index.html

"Cerny also confirms the PlayStation 5's SSD improves how patches are installed on the storage. The system no longer needs to create a new file every time a patch is installed. This was previously necessary because the patch would add new seeks, and thus compound the data usage even further."

https://www.shacknews.com/article/118159/epic-games-tim-sweeney-explains-why-ps5s-optane-dimms-could-be-a-game-changer

Sony can produce cheaper versions too. 

I read both articles , were is no information on that tipe of storage sony SSD is going to use apart from uts beeing made by Samsung .

• Like 1

I would advise people to simply wait and see. It's fun to speculate on performance but, speaking personally any performance claims made by first party sources should be taken with a grain of salt.

PS3 had the power of the cell.

PS4 was a supercharged PC.

Both were not nearly as ground breaking as marketing would have lead you to believe.

Super fast storage sounds neat but it may just end up being another case of Blast Processing.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

I read both articles , were is no information on that tipe of storage sony SSD is going to use apart from uts beeing made by Samsung .

We need to wait for the console release, open it up, take pictures of the SSD and consult the vendor or the manufacturer. Don't make hypothesis on what you believe. Wait for CONCRETE results. 

On 2020-06-15 at 9:04 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Curious.

A safe bet is they continue to support the old consoles until MS & Sony drop support. There's at least 3-4 years for players to upgrade, and fingers crossed that is oodles of time to get cross save implemented. 

I can't wait to see how the PS5 version of Warframe will run.

No doubt that I will get the PS5 day one and I hope that Warframe will be available on the PS Store immediately.

If a specific PS5 version is not ready at launch, I hope that at least the PS4 version will run better on PS5 with the backward compatibility. PS4 and PS5 players may play on the same servers so yes the loading time to join/load missions may not be so much changed and will depend on internet connection and PS4 longer loading time. However I hope some big improvments at least in the game menus with a lot smoother and faster transitions like displaying weapons or mods, Of course also when we we launch mission in solo mode... To be honnest waiting so much time to load the Plains or Orbis valley makes me avoid them as much as possible... The PS5 SSD (and also XBSX) may helps a lot of loading assets faster...

Anyway, I hope that DE will tell us more about the new gen versions (PS5 and XBSX) during the Tennocon 2020. 

Il y a 23 heures, Ohmlink a dit :

Super fast storage sounds neat but it may just end up being another case of Blast Processing.

Sure but super fast storage is not the only feature of the next gen of consoles. Even if the PC may be always the best platform thanks to all the evolution possibilties, the overal specs of the next gen consoles are signifantly higher that many current (average gaming) PC at the moment.

You may look at this Digital Foundry video that just release that is very informative imo.

Edited by (PS4)ogamitaicho77

On 2020-06-14 at 3:33 PM, bad4youLT said:

Unlike HDD , SSD degrades with each write , and sence ps5 will have an SSD only for its storage I wount be surprised if consumers will start complaining over dead ps5 .

If that were the case dang near all my NES games wouldn't wok anymore. SSD is like having a cartridge for your games. Like with NES, SNES ect. having absolutely no load times because there's no discs to spin for the system to read off of. SSDs do not degrade over time.If anything a HDD would break before an SSD because it has spinning disks and moving parts where a SSD has no spinning discs or moving parts.

On 2020-06-20 at 2:00 AM, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

If that were the case dang near all my NES games wouldn't wok anymore. SSD is like having a cartridge for your games. Like with NES, SNES ect. having absolutely no load times because there's no discs to spin for the system to read off of. SSDs do not degrade over time.If anything a HDD would break before an SSD because it has spinning disks and moving parts where a SSD has no spinning discs or moving parts.

SSD's use nand flash memory as its storage and were is no secret that nand flash degrades with each write ,  nand flash degrades then its writen and not read , do some research mate.

Eddit - tipos 

Eddit - agian more tipos and some mistakes

Edited by bad4youLT

On 2020-06-21 at 1:29 PM, bad4youLT said:

SSD's use nand flash memory as its storage and were is no secret that nand flash degrades with each write ,  nand flash degrades then its writen and not read , do some research mate.

Eddit - tipos 

Eddit - agian more tipos and some mistakes

I did, but everything degrades in time. Thats just common sense.

However, in comparison to conventional HDDs, the mechanics of SSD don't degrade when only reading data. This means, by only reading data, an SSD will not wear out, which brings us to the conclusion that it depends on the write and delete processes. ... Per storage cell, only one bit is written on an SLC SSD

Current estimates put the age limit for SSDs around 10 years, though the average SSD lifespan is shorter. In fact, a joint study between Google and the University of Toronto tested SSDs over a multi-year period. During that study, they found the age of an SSD was the primary determinant of when it stopped working.

SSDs, especially the SLC or MLC variants, will last much longer than any hard drive. That is because hard drives are mechanical devices. ... Not everyone needs such high performance on all of their data, so using an SSD for the frequently used stuff and then the HDD for the other data is not a bad option.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Kuku

On 2020-06-24 at 12:30 PM, (PS4)Touha9 said:

What are the current consoles' (PS4, etc.) locked at for FPS?   I think it is just 30 FPS I assume on console right now?

Honestly what I would want the most out of PS5 would be a locked 60 FPS....

As of what we know now the PS5 will be Native 4k 60fps 120hr/z, but if your TV don't support that than you wont get the full potential from the PS5.

On 2020-06-14 at 8:34 AM, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

Thank You for that info.

I'm just wondering considering that the PS5 system will be so much faster than any other system is the game going to be optimized to the slowest systems (X-Box SX)

So, the PS5's Speed isn't from processing power - it's from the internal Solid State Drive, which is just an efficient form of memory storage.  There's no optimization differences between a SSD on the PS5 and an SSD in a home PC.  The main points in Warframe where things need to load quickly are at the Doors that separate tiles into manageable chunks - and most "door lag" comes from a poor connection to the host, not your hard drive's ability to call up information.

So, unless the PS5 comes with brand new internet wires all the way across the country, you won't see any difference.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-14 at 1:24 PM, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

Any news DE can share with us when we transition to the PS5. Will the game still load on the PS5 as if your on still on a PS4 or will Warframe be able to use the speed of the PS5 so we're not waiting at the doors of Cetus or Fortuna for 2min.

it should work out of he box tbh, I mean, why wouldnt it, consoles havent been consoles with custom hardware since the xbox360 and ps3, modern consoles are literally compact PC's, filled with PC components, the ps5 is just a ps4 with upgraded PC hardware, little to no work should be needed.