Follordark

Warframe feels Dead...

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Follordark said:

Warframe feels dead,not in a player population sense but in that the Warframe universe feels empty and lifeless since I feel there is nothing going on except war and the endless battles and invasions,and all the soldiers of each factions are just glorified robots made of flesh with no personalities and no feelings and no attachments (families ,kids and other) just walking to their own demise. and this would be fine if the games was actually had hard enemies that would require movements and careful strategies to take down instead of just pressing 4 or spamming e. Or if the enemies had more common sense (aka better Ai) than a bag of rocks since even thought you just killed 100 or their buddies they would jut keep coming to face you and die.Wihe the lemming esque comportment of the mobs would make sense for grinner or infested but does not make sense for the corpus who are,as far that I am aware of Humans and even they are huamn they just walk to their death with no instinct of survival and self preservation and just no military tactics.

A way to fix this would be to make all language spoken by mobs english and explain this by that your warframe have translators or things that allow you to understand them aswell as keeping the faction language to make each faction unique, by adding comprehensive dialog to mobs we can make each mob mode unique and less robotic by having them say things like : You will pay for this when you kill a certain enemy near them or by having them beg for mercy when you killed their entire squad by having them take off their mask and saying things like :please dont kill me I have a wife and children for the corpus.As for the grinner they can say things like:long live the queens or like help when you would them and more.

But still the best way to fix this would be to add a city open world map and,or maybe a city tileset where you would see civilians and other normal people that are not soldier just living their daily lives.We could even add things like shops and giant screens that displays war propaganda and even recruitment posts for soldiers and by walking past civilans we could perhaps hear them say things about the war and about life in general.There could even be a slum where you would see the less fortunate and luxury things for the rich.while such a idea would make sense for the corpus it wouldnt make much sense for the infested or the grinner but to this I say lets give character to those who can have it then think about the rest.

In conclusion I think that Warframe has a great potential to create a full blown universe out of it,while its still got a long way to go II think that it is making steps towards improvement.As for the deadlock protocol it made one of the main corpus protagonist:Nef anyo more human with more understandable motives, Instead of just doing things because profits.The addition of the option to save solaris members made the tenno look a tiny bit more like actual heroes rather than a buch of bloodthirsty warriors that would RIP and TEAR for no reason.

1. I agree.
2. You'll like this post: 

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Archone said:

But... you're fighting to change all that. And you ARE having positive effects. That's why it's not really grimdark. True grimdark requires that all efforts fail and victories be meaningless. Warframe is not grimdark.

I believe the general term for Warframe's setting would be "Nobledark".

Bright vs Dark is the general tone of your series (or to put it another way, how awful a place it is to live in), while Grim vs Noble is how much the actions of a hero matter (or how justified people are in having hope for things to get better).

10 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

1. I agree.
2. You'll like this post: 

@Follordark you should definitely read the post I created (see above).

I agree that there should be a city tileset and what we've seen so far from the POV of Corpus lore more than justifies that a Corpus society could exist, for example.

We've only been exposed to absolute rock bottom of Corpus society (Fortuna - which is essentially a labour camp for extremely indebted individuals), the war-waging side of it and its factories. But all these wars, massive production and exploration facilities and labour camps exist because they're serving the powerful at the top of the food chain, who lead very comfortable and self-indulgent lives - where do these people live? What do their cities look like? I imagining extremely lavish cityscapes in shielded high-security planets due to the insane amounts of fortune the top tier of corpus society have amassed over the centuries, with highrise structures sitting on top of crumbling slums...

Anyway, read the post 😉

• Like 1

On 2020-06-14 at 8:38 AM, Zimzala said:

I don't need lessons on morality in my video game, thanks. 🙂 

This right here. For anyone who wants that stuff that's what Facebook is for. Find a "Karen" group and wail and gnash your teeth to your hearts content with the other wealthy, middle aged white women. Leave gaming alone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

This right here. For anyone who wants that stuff that's what Facebook is for. Find a "Karen" group and wail and gnash your teeth to your hearts content with the other wealthy, middle aged white women. Leave gaming alone.

Women not been nice to you? The internet also has a corner for those who wail and gnash their teeth about women and SJW's to your heart's content with the other altrighters, gamergaters and redpillers, you know. This is not said place.

Anyway, what this has to do with wanting a city map with neutral civilians and not just enemies? Showing more of the world of Warframe would be nice!

23 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That I understand. Since you like TvTropes, lemme use it to extend the olive branch: it's possible to totally, blatantly rip something off while still ALSO making it your own IP with its own unmistakable identity. The Void is simultaneously a blatant ripoff of the Warp (FTL dimension AND alive and hates the empire AND corrupts things through tears in realspace AND has a trickster god actively taunting you) but also its own unique thing distinct from the Warp (deliberately ignores the ocean/age of sail metaphors 40k is swimming in, green instead of purple, no time dilation beyond the hallucinations in Duviri, likes you and helps you succeed just as often as it hates you and tries to kill you, is explicitly the weakness of the alien race rather than something they use just as often as human do)

It is more the otherway around when it comes to the warp/void rip off thing. The void itself as seen in WF is more down to the core of the whole theo-scientific idea of the void, a space beyond space where evil possibly resides (which can also possibly be used for FTL travel). This has gives ideas not only to sci-fi movies and games like WF, Event Horizon or WH40k, but it also spawned several of Clive Barkers works, most notably Hellraiser. They are all rooted in the idea of the Void or the so called 5th dimension.

GW have taken this to the very extreme with the warp, the hell worlds and the very gods and daemons of chaos. Though iirc, not everything tied to the warp is evil, because if I'm not mistaken the Eldar "Avatar" is also an embodyment of a warp being. And then there is always Malal.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Though iirc, not everything tied to the warp is evil, because if I'm not mistaken the Eldar "Avatar" is also an embodyment of a warp being. And then there is always Malal.

Correct. The Warp is a mirror of reality, and it's dominated by evil forces because reality has so many evil forces for the mirror to reflect. The Avatar you speek of is specifically this guy's Avatar, the Eldar war god (and the rulebook has made it very clear that Eldar gods are Warp beings just like everyone else's gods*)

And Malal... sadly is owned by someone else. So when you say "Malal doesn't exist" there's a 50-50 chance that he either A) doesn't exist in the same way "dryness" doesn't exist, or B) literally no longer exists within the canon, because lawyers

*except the C'tan, but that's because the C'Tan were more like animals than gods, but that's a theology debate for another time

Edited by TARINunit9

warframe only really feels "dead" in that 95% of the starchart nodes are devoid of players as there is no incentive to go back to anything but farm or affinity grind nodes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

Women not been nice to you? The internet also has a corner for those who wail and gnash their teeth about women and SJW's to your heart's content with the other altrighters, gamergaters and redpillers, you know. This is not said place.

Anyway, what this has to do with wanting a city map with neutral civilians and not just enemies? Showing more of the world of Warframe would be nice!

lol. Carry on, Karen.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Correct. The Warp is a mirror of reality, and it's dominated by evil forces because reality has so many evil forces for the mirror to reflect. The Avatar you speek of is specifically this guy's Avatar, the Eldar war god (and the rulebook has made it very clear that Eldar gods are Warp beings just like everyone else's gods*)

And Malal... sadly is owned by someone else. So when you say "Malal doesn't exist" there's a 50-50 chance that he either A) doesn't exist in the same way "dryness" doesn't exist, or B) literally no longer exists within the canon, because lawyers

*except the C'tan, but that's because the C'Tan were more like animals than gods, but that's a theology debate for another time

Ah yes, Khaine, had forgotten the name. Same god that is worshipped by the Dark Elves in the fantasy setting.

4 hours ago, mfccgaming said:

We've only been exposed to absolute rock bottom of Corpus society (Fortuna - which is essentially a labour camp for extremely indebted individuals), the war-waging side of it and its factories. But all these wars, massive production and exploration facilities and labour camps exist because they're serving the powerful at the top of the food chain, who lead very comfortable and self-indulgent lives - where do these people live? What do their cities look like? I imagining extremely lavish cityscapes in shielded high-security planets due to the insane amounts of fortune the top tier of corpus society have amassed over the centuries, with highrise structures sitting on top of crumbling slums...

You mean the floating city-factory that you have been parkouring through to kill a sentient wasn't what you were envisioning? Or the massive city-factory that we visited to take on the ambulas at the spaceport wasn't what you were envisioning? Or the space stations city-factories that you race your archwing through to prevent shipments from getting out? 

Remember they've taken capitalism to the extreme. There's no 1% who would make up a city. There's the board of directors, and everyone else, the wealthy creditors and and the indebted poor.

And as for living in decadence... It's the Corpus, not the wasteful, extravagant Orokin. Why have opulent living when you could use the funds to make a profit instead? 

Posted (edited)

warframe feel dead that

zurtwjb20qh21.jpg

the same time because here and there it does and does not feel dead but the same time it just ppl are fed up the annoying the grinds is because the game pose to be fun and got sick of RJ being dead then again there is that beta testing sever still in warframe the dev pass it out like candies but now they are limiting how many players will be in beta testing the sever because the fact that it may contain too much spoiler and ppl can data-mine it very dang hard on it.

Possible that might die? Yes and no for it always depend where it always headed and which path they will take as again they need also beware their own action and listening to the right person which they are in a pickle.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-14 at 9:43 AM, Follordark said:

Warframe feels dead,not in a player population sense but in that the Warframe universe feels empty and lifeless since I feel there is nothing going on except war and the endless battles and invasions,and all the soldiers of each factions are just glorified robots made of flesh with no personalities and no feelings and no attachments (families ,kids and other) just walking to their own demise. and this would be fine if the games was actually had hard enemies that would require movements and careful strategies to take down instead of just pressing 4 or spamming e. Or if the enemies had more common sense (aka better Ai) than a bag of rocks since even thought you just killed 100 or their buddies they would jut keep coming to face you and die.Wihe the lemming esque comportment of the mobs would make sense for grinner or infested but does not make sense for the corpus who are,as far that I am aware of Humans and even they are huamn they just walk to their death with no instinct of survival and self preservation and just no military tactics.

A way to fix this would be to make all language spoken by mobs english and explain this by that your warframe have translators or things that allow you to understand them aswell as keeping the faction language to make each faction unique, by adding comprehensive dialog to mobs we can make each mob mode unique and less robotic by having them say things like : You will pay for this when you kill a certain enemy near them or by having them beg for mercy when you killed their entire squad by having them take off their mask and saying things like :please dont kill me I have a wife and children for the corpus.As for the grinner they can say things like:long live the queens or like help when you would them and more.

But still the best way to fix this would be to add a city open world map and,or maybe a city tileset where you would see civilians and other normal people that are not soldier just living their daily lives.We could even add things like shops and giant screens that displays war propaganda and even recruitment posts for soldiers and by walking past civilans we could perhaps hear them say things about the war and about life in general.There could even be a slum where you would see the less fortunate and luxury things for the rich.while such a idea would make sense for the corpus it wouldnt make much sense for the infested or the grinner but to this I say lets give character to those who can have it then think about the rest.

In conclusion I think that Warframe has a great potential to create a full blown universe out of it,while its still got a long way to go II think that it is making steps towards improvement.As for the deadlock protocol it made one of the main corpus protagonist:Nef anyo more human with more understandable motives, Instead of just doing things because profits.The addition of the option to save solaris members made the tenno look a tiny bit more like actual heroes rather than a buch of bloodthirsty warriors that would RIP and TEAR for no reason.

DE needs to re-invest in the Hero’s Journey ...again.  Bring life to the Tennoverse.

The Second Dream was one of The best launches for this type of journey in this medium...EVER.

Focusing on profits and game mechanics that promote grind without giving us story and character growth is like fostering the growth of a fast-growing tree with a girdled root.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 2

On 2020-06-14 at 12:33 PM, TARINunit9 said:

no time dilation beyond the hallucinations in Duviri,

Don't forget the Lua Spy vaults, where Void rifts let you switch between the present and the ancient past.

On 2020-06-14 at 5:33 PM, Els236 said:

Baro Ki'Teer supposedly comes from a town of people on Mars, where is that? Or at least, where are the ruins or the rest of the people?

Baro's people were all killed off by the Grineer. You can see the temples and architectures they created; they're all over the Grineer Settlement tileset. Anything carved out of red sandstone is from the colonists. All the metal is the stuff the Grineer bolted on after. You can read a little more about it in the cephalon fragments: https://www.orokinarchives.com/mars/

Where are the civilian Corpus, or even the more "civilian" Grineer?

It's true that we haven't really seen the civilian Corpus. I'm looking forward to exploring that. As for civilian Grineer, they don't really exist. The Grineer is a society built around wars of expansion. All Grineer are purpose-bred to fit into that war machine. The closest you can get to civilians are the noncombatant Drudge workers on the Grineer Shipyards tileset, or the drones in the Grineer Sealab tileset.

You can't tell me that every single planet in the solar system is just made up of a bunch of military outposts and facilities.

The reason you never see anything but the military installations is because you, the Tenno, are a soldier. You are only sent to combat zones. As Cephalon Cordylon says, "The Lotus works so that no civilian need make contact with a tool of war. Warframes are no exception."

On 2020-06-14 at 6:28 PM, prodi1600 said:

most players got them from baro....

You can't get the Twin Vipers Wraith from Baro, only Invasions, unlike the singular Viper Wraith, which is sold by Baro.

On 2020-06-14 at 8:00 PM, Archone said:

the legendary Tenno, the great heroes who destroyed the evil Orokin,

Quick side note: the Ostrons actually revere the Orokin, much like the Corpus and the Tenno before we found Simaris. The Orokin are presented as evil from the player's perspective, but the Ostrons appear unaware of their legacy of blood, and indeed their entire existence is owed to a still-functioning Orokin Tower.

On 2020-06-14 at 11:38 AM, Zimzala said:

I don't see anything to fix, personally.

While the fluff you describe would be just fine by me if DE wants to make it, from my POV, it adds very little to the game.

I have no desire to cast all Tenno as heroes, either, we are mass murderers for profit, Ninjas are assassins, terrible people, not saints, we kill for profit.

I play a video game to kill pixels to get loot to kill more pixels, I don't need lessons on morality in my video game, thanks. 🙂 

If I want that sort of thing, then I play a single player game with moral choices.

you don't see anything to fix? Lordy lord

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-14 at 9:43 AM, Follordark said:

Been saying this for years. Years ago, when some of us asked DE for more "culture", their interpretation of that was Cetus, a lifeless place that's supposed to be a marketplace (yet no one is buying stuff there). What I and others wanted was a heavily-populated Warframe universe where each planet had its own large colonies (or groups of colonies), and where each one is diverse and their culture deep. I wanted a Rogue One-style approach to the colonies, where the design of clothing and buildings reflected a deep, rich, longstanding culture. Even DE's original ideas for the Ostrons (where they drew heavy influence from what looks like Asian fishermen) was better than what they ended up doing.

DE does everything too small. They have small vision. Their idea of "culture" was a small, mostly-empty Ostron village. Their idea of the New War is a couple skirmishes relegated to Railjack and a boring event, not a full-blown war. They can't even have the Grineer and Corpus doing anything more than simple invasions of each others' ships.

The best way to fix this is for DE to draw examples from other sci fi media that already have a large and diverse sense of culture, like Star Wars or Star Trek. Media like that is so broad in their storytelling and content that they can draw influence from them without directly copying what they're doing (especially Star Wars). DE should look at how something like Star Wars approaches culture and diversity among planets. A good way of reflecting that diversity, even before getting to various open worlds for each planet (something I don't think DE should do at this point because they just can't pull it off imo), is to fill the relays with a bunch of diverse civilians, representing various different colonies from each planet (or, specifically, from Earth, Venus, Mars, the various moons of Jupiter, and the various moons of Saturn). And I don't just mean the Ostrons and the Solaris. I mean new people, dressed in diverse clothing that reflects some kind of rich culture. That would be a great way of showing the breadth and diversity of the Origin System.

On 2020-06-15 at 8:00 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

DE needs to re-invest in the Hero’s Journey ...again.  Bring life to the Tennoverse.

The Second Dream was one of The best launches for this type of journey in this medium...EVER.

Focusing on profits and game mechanics that promote grind without giving us story and character growth is like fostering the growth of a fast-growing tree with a girdled root.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No one who has actually looked at various forms of the hero's journey in various media would come to that conclusion.

This is the hero's journey:

Hero's Journey - Mythic Structure - Monomyth

Now explain how TSD features this.

Don't bother. It doesn't.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TheGildedOni said:

Been saying this for years. Years ago, when some of us asked DE for more "culture", their interpretation of that was Cetus, a lifeless place that's supposed to be a marketplace (yet no one is buying stuff there). What I and others wanted was a heavily-populated Warframe universe where each planet had its own large colonies (or groups of colonies), and where each one is diverse and their culture deep. I wanted a Rogue One-style approach to the colonies, where the design of clothing and buildings reflected a deep, rich, longstanding culture. Even DE's original ideas for the Ostrons (where they drew heavy influence from what looks like Asian fishermen) was better than what they ended up doing.

DE does everything too small. They have small vision. Their idea of "culture" was a small, mostly-empty Ostron village. Their idea of the New War is a couple skirmishes relegated to Railjack and a boring event, not a full-blown war. They can't even have the Grineer and Corpus doing anything more than simple invasions of each others' ships.

The best way to fix this is for DE to draw examples from other sci fi media that already have a large and diverse sense of culture, like Star Wars or Star Trek. Media like that is so broad in their storytelling and content that they can draw influence from them without directly copying what they're doing (especially Star Wars). DE should look at how something like Star Wars approaches culture and diversity among planets. A good way of reflecting that diversity, even before getting to various open worlds for each planet (something I don't think DE should do at this point because they just can't pull it off imo), is to fill the relays with a bunch of diverse civilians, representing various different colonies from each planet (or, specifically, from Earth, Venus, Mars, the various moons of Jupiter, and the various moons of Saturn). And I don't just mean the Ostrons and the Solaris. I mean new people, dressed in diverse clothing that reflects some kind of rich culture. That would be a great way of showing the breadth and diversity of the Origin System.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No one who has actually looked at various forms of the hero's journey in various media would come to that conclusion.

The Second Dream is a defining moment that very succinctly fits into the above acts when you see it as unfinished.  The tone/manner of your response speaks for itself.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The Second Dream is a defining moment that very succinctly fits into the above acts when you see it as unfinished.  The tone/manner of your response speaks for itself.

Please, break it down for me, because I don't see how The Second Dream fits this at all.

On 2020-06-14 at 9:43 PM, Follordark said:

a city tileset where you would see civilians and other normal people that are not soldier just living their daily lives.We could even add things like shops and giant screens that displays war propaganda and even recruitment posts for soldiers and by walking past civilans we could perhaps hear them say things about the war and about life in general.There could even be a slum where you would see the less fortunate and luxury things for the rich.while such a idea would make sense for the corpus

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

The Solaris aren't normal...

11 hours ago, TheGildedOni said:

Great ideas...DE can't pull that off unfortunately. 

Also, I disagree that DE does everything too small. 

They had very high ambitions for Railjack (look back at the two tennocon reveals), but reality came back at them and showed they aren't capable of developing something that matches their grand hopes for Railjack. 

• Like 1

Although i would indeed love the choice for having enemies surrender (dont think its possible for grineer unless they have the pacifism gene defect and infested are pretty much incapable of having a sense of self preservation) it will make a lot of the players stop feeling good about it,

The fact that these enemies will obviously have someone they care about will dampen a lot of the enthusiasm to introduce them to your arsenal.

Its easier to kill numbers than those that actually show some character.

Those that consider themselves (Tenno) the good guys will then have to reconsider when given the choice of "kill this guy and orphan his kids to get this shiny loot , or spare him and get nothing."

This game is not geared towards such player , ts geared towards players that keep getting validation of doing good irrespective of what they actually do.

That bait of a tittle.

I think one of the main issues is that the operator's do not interact between each other. Neither to do the warfarmes. In most (if not all) modern games with such an massive scope, the MC is not in permanent bad mood.

8 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Great ideas...DE can't pull that off unfortunately. 

Also, I disagree that DE does everything too small. 

They had very high ambitions for Railjack (look back at the two tennocon reveals), but reality came back at them and showed they aren't capable of developing something that matches their grand hopes for Railjack. 

I don't think their ideas for Railjack were very high. I mean, it's a single ship that's going up against other crewships and fighters, where you have to micromanage the ship. That's not high ambition imo. Maybe it's high ambition because it's obviously hard for them to pull it off. I believe the gameplay is too limited in scope, though. I want a diverse offering of different types of ships of different sizes and armaments, from fighters to capital ships, that we can use against fleets of enemy ships and alongside friendly ships. I want a return to the PvE Solar Rail Conflicts system, but replacing solar rails with our own clan and alliance fleets and where we can fight alongside and compete against AI and players. That's ambitious, but it's what I want.

12 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

This isn't a city. It's a labour camp...

• Like 1