Jump to content

Banshee rework idea


Recommended Posts

As we all know - Banshee can be pretty fragile, especially solo - so I had few ideas to play around idea that she is "the sniper class".

1st ability - Sound barrier
Instead that "push" no one uses - how about she will have a sound barrier around her? Air around her would jiggle, and while it's active - player recieves reduced damage. With mods up to 90% reduced damage. If enemies would get close - they would be pushed away like her 1st works right now, giving her space to keep distance from enemies. But the "push away" would work every 5-10 seconds or so.

OR

simply make so that 3rd would slow down enemies like Nova's, but no molecular explosion after enemy dies or making them weaker. Simply  slow enemies around her so player wouldn't get overflowed by them.

OR both above.

Passive - Afterlife

As we know Banshee from folklore - they are portrayed as floating females that scare people with their awful screams. So - why won't make our Banshee actually reasemble her folklore-ish look?
Ideas is that after player runs out of the health - they not get downed, instead - they get turned into "banshee". Banshee can float in this form, prime version could get some piece of cloths dragging behind her - cloths wold look similar to Ivara's - translucent, almost non-visible.
How it would work as function - well, player could simply get +damage to their weapons and +sprint speed  OR  would get a "sound beam" instead all of the weapons - similar to wisp's ult, but would look  like translucent circles coming from banshee's hands, or even better - she would lean forward and release it from the area where it would be mouth on her helmet, reasembling her folklore - and of course she would deal quite the damage with it.
What's the catch? Catch would be that players would need to down enemies in limited amount of time to get back to life. This passive could have a time-out, OR with every time player triggers the passive - it would become harder to stay in it for long.
For example, 1st time when you get into passive - it would be...60 seconds to kill 5 enemies. 2nd time - 50 seconds with 15 enemies. 3rd time - 30 seconds to kill 25 enemies, and etc. Of course, the time/enemy ratio should be balanced. And if player runs out of time - the bleedout state/death would happen.

So idea of this rework that Banshee would get her sweet, sweet survivability for the high-level missions and get a nice, interesting passive that could let her survive abit more, and give her a nice bonus damage for strong enemies/bosses  - but not let players to use it too often so they wouldn't abuse it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

With mods up to 90% reduced damage.

So a cheap 25 energy ability that gives the same old same old 90% damage reduction that all warframes have?

Hell to the no.

Is damage reduction the best thing you could come up with? I'm genuinely asking.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 минут назад, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk сказал:

So a cheap 25 energy ability that gives the same old same old 90% damage reduction that all warframes have?

Hell to the no.

Is damage reduction the best thing you could come up with? I'm genuinely asking.

Energy price could be bumped as well, sure - or could be turned on and off, kinda like Baruuk's 1st.
Something wrong with damage reduction? The full-on timed immortality would be too much.

Edited by (NSW)Junk_L0ver
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

Energy price could be bumped as well, sure - or could be turned on and off, kinda like Baruuk's 1st.
Something wrong with damage reduction? The full-on timed immortality would be too much.

Yea, something is always wrong with damage reduction.

They're one cast, set and forget it ability that adds no risk, no challenge and no creativity in playstyle.

Giving banshee damage reduction will ironically destroy her.

Currently there are multiple banshee builds:

high range low duration savage silence, which allows you to spam silence and reapply that stun

Or low range high duration savage silence, which is more risky but more efficient, perfect for daredevils who like to rely on parkour maneuvers 

You have the balanced everything build that utilizes sonar.

And finally the room clear sound quake build

 

All these builds rely on banshee not staying in one place, counting on your wit and knowledge of your parkour skills alone can save you.

 

If anything i'd suggest giving her a parkour mobility ability that further speeds up her parkour maneuvers using shockwaves to propel her

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 минуты назад, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk сказал:

Yea, something is always wrong with damage reduction.

They're one cast, set and forget it ability that adds no risk, no challenge and no creativity in playstyle.

Funny that you mention it in a game where we have Inaros - who is basically immortal warfame. And not even talking about many others who can avoid death for long period of time by  tapping one-two buttons.
No one forces you to "set and forget it", you can simply just not use it  for that "daredevil challenge"- or give it lower damage reduction.
I am offering an idea of completely remaking 1st ability which no one uses into something that people could use - and her passive that is comepletely useless.
Right now we have a warframe that almost no one uses, maybe 5-10% of the playerbase.
Idea is to make her so that more people would use her and give all her abilities some usability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

No one forces you to "set and forget it", you can simply just not use it  for that "daredevil challenge"- or give it lower damage reduction.

i hear one more of that sentence and i'm gonna loose it.

How many times do i have to say this?

People who say things like "don't use this x ability if you want more challenge" or "just go in a mission with no mods" piss me off so much

If i do that then i'm infinitely dumb, why would i not use an ability that should be used? Why would i waste an ability slot? WHY WOULD I NOT MOD MY WARFRAME PROPERLY?

I don't want to limit myself i want THE GAME and the DEVELOPERS to limit me

That being said, i hate damage reduction abilities that have no drawbacks or costs

Damage reduction like gauss' or ember's i can endure, because they need something in exchange, with gauss you have to keep moving or else you'll loose battery

And with ember you have the whole burnout mechanic

But giving banshee a straight up 90% dr like all other braindead warframes outthere won't solve her problems

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

Funny that you mention it in a game where we have Inaros - who is basically immortal warfame. And not even talking about many others who can avoid death for long period of time by  tapping one-two buttons.

That's not an excuse for you to suggest add more lazy damage reduction powers in the game, inaros is a boring warframe that uses none of his powers, he's a horrible example

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple damage reduction on her doesn't appeal to me either.  Maybe if it were conditional, but I think even then I'd prefer something more active via enemy debuff.

It could use an update, but structurally I think her 1 is actually pretty cool.  I'd be much more inclined to add some survivability effect either via a synergy with Silence, or directly to Silence.  Or maybe with a new passive.

But I'm not a fan of -that- passive idea, sorry.  It's just a code name--she doesn't literally need to -be- a banshee, IMO. 😉

Sounds like a cool idea for a new frame though.

 

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

Something wrong with damage reduction?

On Banshee? Yes.

Before recent Armour stat tweaks, it was very obvious; 15 Armour is as big a billboard as you need spelling it out -- "Your job, if you choose to use this Warframe, is DO NOT GET HIT".

And her kit gives you the tools -- Silence is a two-second stun. When you come flying into the room, that's how long you have to get all the enemies dead. The rest of the -- unrecastable -- Ability is nothing more than a soft cooldown for the stun. It is designed to be unspammable. Two seconds. Only. Or you're bugsplatted.

And you know before you enter the room where those enemies are due to Sonar, and they will die fast -- provided you can bullseye the damage points Sonar created. Speed and precision. Or you're bugsplatted.

And on the occasions where two seconds isn't quite enough -- there's "that "push" no one uses". Napaln, Nox, whatever. Sonic Boom, it's flat on its backside. Maybe a quick extra cast of Sonar for good measure, then bam-bam-bam it's dead before it's back on its feet.

And then you get moving -- 'cos there's enemies in the next room too, and for the ones nearest the door... your two seconds is almost up already!

Constant pressure. Speed and precision. Two seconds. Or you're bugsplatted.

That's the Banshee experience. And it's awesome. If you don't like the sound of it, she's just not your type of 'frame.

It's satisfying because it's demanding... and it's demanding because she has no survivability.

Edited by OmegaVoid
typo.
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

On Banshee? Yes.

Before recent Armour stat tweaks, it was very obvious; 15 Armour is as big a billboard as you need spelling it out -- "Your job, if you choose to use this Warframe, is DO NOT GET HIT".

And her kit gives you the tools -- Silence is a two-second stun. When you come flying into the room, that's how long you have to get all the enemies dead. The rest of the -- unrecastable -- Ability is nothing more than a soft cooldown for the stun. It is designed to be unspammable. Two seconds. Only. Or you're bugsplatted.

And you know before you enter the room where those enemies are due to Sonar, and they will die fast -- provided you can bullseye the damage points Sonar created. Speed and precision. Or you're bugsplatted.

And on the occasions where two seconds isn't quite enough -- there's "that "push" no one uses". Napaln, Nox, whatever. Sonic Boom, it's flat on its backside. Maybe a quick extra cast of Sonar for good measure, then bam-bam-bam it's dead before it's back on its feet.

And then you get moving -- 'cos there's enemies in the next room too, and for the ones nearest the door... your two seconds is almost up already!

Constant pressure. Speed and precision. Two seconds. Or you're bugsplatted.

That's the Banshee experience. And it's awesome. If you don't like the sound of it, she's just not your type of 'frame.

It's satisfying because it's demanding... and it's demanding because she has no survivability.

This ^ 

Like i said before, if anything i'd giver her more mobility and parkour velocity utilizing sound waves

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...