How do you defeat the Protea Specter?

Question

Ok so how do you kill Protea? I'm Mr8 and have everything fully modded (other than the Xoris because I'm not wasting a catalyst on it) but it seems impossible. I understand how to stop her from resetting herself but my main problem is I take so much damage. I always have like 10 specters shooting at me that I can't kill b/c I never have any energy for abilities and focusing on them lets Protea regen all her shields again. On the few times I've made it to the last health bar I'm always out of revives and out of ammo. Is there something I'm missing?

14 answers to this question

Spoiler

EDIT: Nvm, I'm a dumbass and didn't read that you're having trouble tanking her. She's definitely going to be hard at your level. Bring your best, I guess, or just wait. I think you can still do Granum Void stuff even without completing the quest.

When you kill the Granum specters, note the wispy particles they leave behind. The Xoris can absorb them, enhancing the explosion after absorbing 3. Similar to how you saved the Solaris prisoners, trigger the explosion on her when she begins to rewind. Rinse and repeat 4 times.

P.S.: Xoris is actually pretty cool as it has infinite combo duration, decent crit, and a large explosion radius. If you do wind up scrapping it at some point, you will find future Granum Void expeditions to be much more difficult. You can get the blueprint and parts for another Xoris from Cephalon Simaris, but they cost a lot of standing so I would recommend keeping the Xoris around until you've gotten everything you can out of the Granum Void.

Edited by Teksorbkyva
  • Like 1

I went with Oberon, there are other frames with healing abilities, weapons like furis with winds of purity and other resources to keep health like health restores, what frame are you using?

• Like 2
On 2020-06-14 at 8:39 PM, Pavelord said:

I went with Oberon, there are other frames with healing abilities, weapons like furis with winds of purity and other resources to keep health like health restores, what frame are you using?

Ok I'll have to build Obreon then. So far I've tried it with Rhino, Chroma, Excalibur, and Limbo. 

I recomend taking wukong, he has healing, armor boost, and built in death cheat. Just activate your clone and equip your xoris, the clone will keep protea busy and chunk her hp while you can kill the specters and charge the xoris. Easy as pie

• Like 2

If only operator could wield Xoris, then my Umbra could distract her and that would make the mission so much easier...then again operators are squishy af so it wouldn't matter would it? Some people say mesa and Mesa Prime are the best to use for the last mission with Protea - is that true fellow tenno? someone advise...

if you keep moving and keep breaking line of sight to most of the Specters, even just that may be sufficient.
especially if you do bring some form of active way to Heal yourself.