Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you defeat the Protea Specter?

IRON5LLAMA

Question

Ok so how do you kill Protea? I'm Mr8 and have everything fully modded (other than the Xoris because I'm not wasting a catalyst on it) but it seems impossible. I understand how to stop her from resetting herself but my main problem is I take so much damage. I always have like 10 specters shooting at me that I can't kill b/c I never have any energy for abilities and focusing on them lets Protea regen all her shields again. On the few times I've made it to the last health bar I'm always out of revives and out of ammo. Is there something I'm missing?

23 answers to this question

12 hours ago, FunnySeagull said:

personally I used an orokin catalyst on xoris equipped it with stuff like the magnetic damage combo damage mod lvel 11 for both and max pressure point I also used dex furis and inaros max rank orokin reactor with umbral mods and the effect resistance mods. edit: in additioin my aura mod was steel charge maxed.

Nice tips.

But it's been a year. Probably OP has beaten protea or has quit warframe.

personally I used an orokin catalyst on xoris equipped it with stuff like the magnetic damage combo damage mod lvel 11 for both and max pressure point I also used dex furis and inaros max rank orokin reactor with umbral mods and the effect resistance mods. edit: in additioin my aura mod was steel charge maxed.

This may help someone, as I kept trying and failing to kill Protea.

Finally did kill her with Octavia. Octavia 1 ability, drop it somewhere and the spectres and more important protea will be attracted to it and die from it. You just have to keep ability 1 present at all time  ... well when needed of course. 

Weapons, I only equiped the Xoris, I had the wrong advice that if you do not have a pistol then the mechanics on how you use the Xoris is changed (different buttons on controller). In my case that was not true on PS5 ... so I guess you can equip whatever in addition to the Xoris. 

One thing I did not understand before ... basically the whole time you have to explode the Xoris too. Not only throw, do also explode. 

Steps are: Kill flying men to charge the Xoris. For this you throw ability 1 on the floor, look towards the flyings men, throw and explode the Xoris. This means you do not need to have good aim. The explosion will kill and charge the Xoris. At three charges move to a blue specter and throw and explode.

Repeat 3 times.

Protea comes. Throw ability 1 on the flow, back away .. .protea attacks it ... charge the Xoris as above on the flying men, throw and explode. Protea dies from attacking your ability 1. When prompted throw and explode the Xoris on her.

Repeat 3 -4 times

You may not have a charged Xoris when protea is already dead from ability 1. Do not panic, take your time to charge it and protea will die again from ability 1. Just keep protea busy with 1 and keep her at a distance.

Good luck Tenno 

If only operator could wield Xoris, then my Umbra could distract her and that would make the mission so much easier...then again operators are squishy af so it wouldn't matter would it? Some people say mesa and Mesa Prime are the best to use for the last mission with Protea - is that true fellow tenno? someone advise...

On 2020-06-14 at 8:39 PM, Pavelord said:

I went with Oberon, there are other frames with healing abilities, weapons like furis with winds of purity and other resources to keep health like health restores, what frame are you using?

Ok I'll have to build Obreon then. So far I've tried it with Rhino, Chroma, Excalibur, and Limbo. 

Spoiler

EDIT: Nvm, I'm a dumbass and didn't read that you're having trouble tanking her. She's definitely going to be hard at your level. Bring your best, I guess, or just wait. I think you can still do Granum Void stuff even without completing the quest.

When you kill the Granum specters, note the wispy particles they leave behind. The Xoris can absorb them, enhancing the explosion after absorbing 3. Similar to how you saved the Solaris prisoners, trigger the explosion on her when she begins to rewind. Rinse and repeat 4 times.

P.S.: Xoris is actually pretty cool as it has infinite combo duration, decent crit, and a large explosion radius. If you do wind up scrapping it at some point, you will find future Granum Void expeditions to be much more difficult. You can get the blueprint and parts for another Xoris from Cephalon Simaris, but they cost a lot of standing so I would recommend keeping the Xoris around until you've gotten everything you can out of the Granum Void.

Archived