Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I officially hate Railjack.

Els236

I know some of you are going to say "you can't hate something from one bad experience", but by golly I can.

Was obviously doing the Nightwave challenge as I have no other reason to touch Railjack and for whatever reason, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to try Gian Point in the Veil Proxima. Mainly because I've heard of the drop rates for Predator and Void Hole being borked, so figured I'd try my luck.

I had to go in solo as no other squads were available and for the first part of the mission, I was doing alright. The fighters went down easily and although the enemy cruise-ships ended up being in a bunch and making me have to repair my ship a few times in order to avoid failure, it went OK.

Now, my ship isn't min-maxed, but it's fairly strong and has MKIII equipment and mostly maxed out avionics. As I said, apart from a few repairs here and there and having to hit the forge a couple of times for Revolite, it went OK.

My issues started to arise when I realised that I had 2 other objectives to complete, after partaking in the usual boring exterminate mission section:

- Take out the ship in the asteroid hangar

- Go kill sentients on the anomaly

I load into the asteroid hangar and was immediately one-shot by a level 80 Exo Eviscerator (Oberon Prime with 400 shields and ~1000HP). Well, OK then, he must have head-shot me with the Miter blade or something, I'll be a bit more careful then. I manage to reveal the first radiator and Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

Yet again, one of the Exo Eviscerators one-shots me, this time I'm thinking it's due to some dumb slash-proc overload.

With great difficulty (despite having decent weapons on me), I dispatch the invaders and have to rush to the hull-breach as I only had 25 or so seconds left. Low-and-behold, I have no Revolite, so I rush to the Forge and get back just in time to repair the breach, with only about 5 seconds on the clock. What then happens is that by some random chance, yet another bunch of Grineer Exos board my ship. 

This is now starting to become really darn annoying.

I manage to throw down my Hallowed Ground and while they are fighting amongst themselves, I repair my ship. I then just about manage to kill off the intruders before I need to head back to the asteroid base to finish that "mission".

As soon as I step foot back on the asteroid, a surprise to noone at this point, I get immediately one-shot by an Exo Eviscerator. At this point I have one single revive left.

I'm now starting to get really annoyed with this and consider quitting, although with the amount of time I've already spent, I just want to finish the stupid mission now.

I just about manage to complete that "mission" and start to head-off to the anomaly, although I already know deep-down that this is going to take me an eon to complete.

As I land on the anomaly, it pops up that I have to kill 20 sentients. Oh joy. 20 super high-level enemies that become immune to everything except my operator.

You can probably guess by the title of this thread that I did not survive this ordeal and got sent back to my dojo after having wasted 35 minutes of my time for absolutely nothing.

Yes, I could have taken my absolute best weapons and my best frame and the Paracesis, but I don't remember having to do the anomaly the last time I was in the Veil, so I didn't bother.

The quest to get the Railjack was a boring slog and doing anything other than Earth Proxima is nothing but a frustrating mess.

Anyway, never again. Not touching Railjack with a 10-foot barge-pole.

Rant over.

• Like 8

il y a 10 minutes, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu a dit :

My experience was pretty smooth.

I have no problem at all killing anything, so I Q up with my ship and just park it and kill fighters with my archwing until another person shows up to drive my ship, then I just follow them in my archwing, killing stuff along the way.

I didn't have an issue with the fighters and cruise-ships, even solo.

it was the other tacked-on objectives and my crap luck with ramsleds and breaches and crap.

• Like 1

I kill every sentient with my Latron.

Rhino can tank any Grineer inside objectives.

I min maxed my railjack alone without any problems and now it never dies in Ruse War Field.

I check the starmap to see where is the murex so I can avoid it.

Looks like its a case of "git gud".

You entered a mission without any preparation, got killed and now is complaining on the forums.

Edited by -OP-NerevarCM
  • Like 19

à l’instant, Rawbeard a dit :

you were greedy and unprepared. next time do earth if you just want NW and don't know how to solo high-ish level grineer enemies.

I have a full MKIII ship and I took some pretty decent gear. Decent in the fact that it can kill level 100 grineer while I'm lich hunting with ease.

Here however, the Exos not only were about 5x tankier than their star-chart counterparts, they were one-shotting me out of nowhere.

Don't know how that's "greedy"

il y a 3 minutes, -OP-NerevarCM a dit :

I kill every sentient with my Latron.

Rhino can tank any Grineer inside objectives.

I min maxed my railjack alone without any problems and now it never dies in Ruse War Field.

I check the starmap to see where is the murex so I can avoid it.

Looks like its a case of "git gud".

You entered a mission without any preparation, got killed and now is complaining on the forums.

- OK? OP Latron build, I would actually like to see your build

- I didn't have Rhino at the time, I had Oberon Prime. 

- Good for you, I guess?

- Didn't even know that was a thing, so thanks for that tidbit 🙂

- Or a case of me just not liking Railjack? 

- I took decent weapons and a good frame... so... I don't know what other "preparation" I could have done? Yes I was being one-shot by Exo Eviscerators. Am I not allowed to complain? lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Els236 said:

A novel about my life with Rail Jack

Rant over.

1. Rail Jack is better done with people who will help you build a Rail Jack. Get a tank build, get into a clan, participate with clan warlords and farm the veil on a ship that is equipped for it. 

2. Farm your intrinsics. 

3. Stop writing novels about triviality. Rail Jack is way too easy. Right now the experience is pretty fair. Farm and get good. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

I am going to agree with the getgud sentiment.

I have taken nearly every frame into railjack and never been one shot, least of all by the dudes that shoot slow motion projectiles.

As for the sentients, just do a quick hop into operator, clear resistances, and hop back to frame. Level 100 enemies are easy, lvl 100 sentients not so much.

You made the choice to go into that specific mission with that setup.

Edit: i want to remind EVERYONE that it is technically impossible to get one shot atm. Shield Gating

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Rant

The funny part is that Exo enemies have already been nerfed by at least 50%. Some additional points:

• I recommend Phoenix Renewal to you.
  • I have all Intrinsics at max level and never seen Void Hole drop. Don't even try to farm it.
  • The only thing that really matters for your Railjack is Munitions Vortex / Void Hole / Tether + Hull weave + Bulkhead.
  • Shoot intact engines on Crewships, kills with one artillery hit.
  • The anomaly is on a random mission at any given time, you can see it pulsating in red on the map.
  • Use the Paracesis, modded for Corrosive, against Sentients. Or a very powerful sniper rifle.
  • If you know what you are doing, you can solo Gian Point in <5 minutes.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Keep grinding for the sake of grinding and get good (for the ego boost!).

Seriously do not do this. If you do not find it fun and rewarding, drop it, there is no point in bashing your head against a wall anyway. 

Also there is no "git gud" in warframe. Everything's about "git lucky" with rng, and "don't lose your mind grinding mindlessly". 

Edited by Nehra96

2 hours ago, Els236 said:

I load into the asteroid hangar and was immediately one-shot

Wait, didn't we get shield gating in that one rework/revisit a while ago? There ain't no one-shots. You get invincibility for a short moment after your shields go down.

Either that or Hyldrin's passive has decided to copy itself onto all of my frames.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Here however, the Exos not only were about 5x tankier than their star-chart counterparts, they were one-shotting me out of nowhere.

Not anymore. Gokstad Grineer's health got halved since early May, along with the Gokstad Fighter armor and health. 

Yet again, one of the Exo Eviscerators one-shots me, this time I'm thinking it's due to some dumb slash-proc overload.

The standard Gokstad Eviscerators with Twin Grakatas or Gokstad Raider Eviscerators with the Miter? Oberon should be able to negate their Slash procs with Hallowed Ground, while having other means to pin down the Gokstad Grineer (Smite, Hallowed Ground, etc). I find that unbelieveable that they were able to "one-shot" you since you let them get that close to attack.

Oh joy. 20 super high-level enemies that become immune to everything except my operator.

Why haven't you considered stripping their armor off with Oberon's Hallowed Ground + Reckoning?

I manage to reveal the first radiator and Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Don't know how that's "greedy"

Why would you park your Railjack close to the Grineer PoIs when they can freely ram Ramsleds into your ship as you leave it unattended?

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think Flexa in Veil Proxima is the one you want without objectives, that just has kill fighters and crewships.

Flexa features the Grineer Captain/Commander in their Galleon, the only Assassination node in the Veil. Gian Point is the one you are referring to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Wait, didn't we get shield gating in that one rework/revisit a while ago? There ain't no one-shots. You get invincibility for a short moment after your shields go down.

Either that or Hyldrin's passive has decided to copy itself onto all of my frames.

OP stated that he somehow got headshoted by an Exo Raider Eviscervator. I don't recall how enemies targeting our weakspots bypass our shield gating since it applies to enemies. If it's the standard Gokstad Eviscervator (ones with Twin Grakatas), there is no way they can "one-shot" unless you just stand there.

Regardless, it's likely deliberately done to use Rage/Hunter's Adrenaline along with how majority of the Gokstad Grineer won't attack you beyond 15 meters.

Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

Well if you ever try RJ again. Park the RJ out of range of the bases near the area you spawned in. The bases wont launch Ram Sleds and you wont have to worry about boarding parties.

You will have to fly over on archwing and move in and out manually on the radiators. Takes a couple extra minutes but your ship will be fine.

Use the games limitations against itself friend.

Nah, I love Railjack, one of the gamemodes with the most potential imho, but what the OP mentions at times happens to me too.

Has nothing to do get gud or anything really. I solo anything Proxima can throw at me with ease, but sometimes when loading into a crewship or zoning on the ship to where a boarding is (in the exceedingly rare case they make it onto the ship) I get one-shotted. No shieldgating, no time to react, nothing. Boom. Dead.

Haven't quite figured out how or why it happens, but mobs are there when you gate, targeting you and you just die. Though I think it has occasionally happened a bit further on in the mission, but could be mistaken. My best guess is at the moment is a case of latency/lag and rebounding miters? Anyway, the miter-wielding enemies always seem to be involved in those 'surprise' deaths when shieldgating seems to fail. Of course it does happen mostly to the squishier frames where I use no vitality or shield mods but use other means for survival, like Titania or Ivara, but still, it's weird...

1. The drop rates for Void Hole and a few other avionics seem to have changed indeed. I did maybe 4 Railjack missions since the Deadlock Protocol update, and I have two more spare Void Holes now.

2. A lot of the boarding shenanigans could have been avoided by parking your Railjack a safe distance from the asteroid hangar. It prevents it from sending regular boarding parties to your ship. Also, the Railjack's BFG + Forward Artillery (I never tried without because CBA) now reliably one-shot Proxima crewships, so there's little reason for any boarders to show up, ever. Ramsleds make a particular sound on approach, listen for that instead of Cephalon Cy's warning. He often has trouble catching up with events. 😉

3. The presence of the anomaly is clearly indicated on the Proxima map, no idea why that was a surprise.