Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whirlwind Mod

.solitus

Question

16 answers to this question

I got 3 from transmutes. My first transmits was whirl wind. So badly wanting to get berserker still can't find it :(

I got 3 from transmutes. My first transmute was whirl wind. So badly wanting to get berserker still can't find it :(

Edited by xFriendx

That's actually not true; I've transmutated four Contagions into a Sanctuary.

I didn't say it could not yield good results; it just can yield bad results, i.e. commons. For example, I just transmuted 4 Teleports and got a Reflection.

So, I stand by my statement. Don't use multiples of the same mod.

I didn't say it could not yield good results; it just can yield bad results, i.e. commons. For example, I just transmuted 4 Teleports and got a Reflection.

So, I stand by my statement. Don't use multiples of the same mod.

And I also stand by my claim, that your statement is not true:

All transmutations carry a set risk of a downgrading final result, though it may be true that mixing polarities of all the mods (not only some or including duplicate of mods as the starting transmutation material) will increase the chances of a "rare" of the rare mods (and indirectly reduces the risk of the downgrading final result). As an example:

4A's -> 90% X, 10% Y

2 A's, 1 B, 1 C -> 90% X, 10% Y

1 A, 1 B, 1 C, 1 D -> 80% X, 20% Y

Edited by ChaoticVice777

And I also stand by my claim, that your statement is not true:

All transmutations carry a set risk of a downgrading final result, though it may be true that mixing polarities of all the mods (not only some or including duplicate of mods as the starting transmutation material) will increase the chances of a "rare" of the rare mods (and indirectly reduces the risk of the downgrading final result). As an example:

4A's -> 90% X, 10% Y

2 A's, 1 B, 1 C -> 90% X, 10% Y

1 A, 1 B, 1 C, 1 D -> 80% X, 20% Y

Well I've personally never seen a set of 4 different rares give anything less than a rare (from my own experience transmutation several million credits worth of rares and watching youtube videos of other people's transmutations), while duplicates frequently give commons and uncommons (based on other people's reports and the same youtube videos; I've only done it a few times and its always gave me commons so I stopped).

EDIT: Upon searching, I'm seeing a few (less than a handful) reports of getting commons from transmuting 4 different mods. If that is true, the risk is still much lower when you use 4 different ones.

I'm also not following those equations. What do X and Y represent?

Edited by CitizenV

Well I've personally never seen a set of 4 different rares give anything less than a rare (from my own experience transmutation several million credits worth of rares and watching youtube videos of other people's transmutations), while duplicates frequently give commons and uncommons (based on other people's reports and the same youtube videos; I've only done it a few times and its always gave me commons so I stopped).

EDIT: Upon searching, I'm seeing a few (less than a handful) reports of getting commons from transmuting 4 different mods. If that is true, the risk is still much lower when you use 4 different ones.

I'm also not following those equations. What do X and Y represent?

X represents the junk mods (e.g. Warframe abilities, downgraded final results, duplicates, etc.), Y represents the mods that you do want (e.g. Whirlwind, Berserker, Self-Destruct, etc.). Mind you, I'm using examples; we don't know the chances, so the argument can easily swing to one's favor.