Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Downloading Updates

Darth_Pink

Question

is there a way to download all the updates at once?  I'm trying to download updates to get back into game, but due to slow net have to do it while i sleep and it's downloading one patch at a time, then i have to restart the launcher to get the next patch, rinse and repeat.

15 answers to this question

yeah, redownloaded game yesterday and started patching process again, it's still doing the same thing.

I'm using launcher 2013.10.09.12.27, engine 2013.10.11.17.01.  When i come back after downloading patch and hit play it tries to start the game, but at some point it always needs ctrl, alt+del to close it.

Edited by PhoenixKiara

yeah, redownloaded game yesterday and started patching process again, it's still doing the same thing.

I'm using launcher 2013.10.09.12.27, engine 2013.10.11.17.01.  When i come back after downloading patch and hit play it tries to start the game, but at some point it always needs ctrl, alt+del to close it.

Did you try downloading the latest launcher from the website?

Also, what sort of hardware do you have in your computer? If your hardware doesn't meet the minimum requirements, or if you're missing required software (DirectX, .NET Framework, etc) than the game might not be able to start correctly.

Also make sure any drivers for your hardware are up to date.

I meet the specs and all the software is up to date, not sure that's the problem as once i restart the launcher it starts the patching process again.

Are you starting the launcher from the desktop shortcut? Or Warframe.msi?

Also, would it be possible for you to take some screenshots of the launcher when you start it? Assuming the launcher does patch, it shouldn't be patching every time you start it up. A screenshot of what it's saying would probably help.

the shortcut, not sure what or where to find the .msi?  also the forum won't let me add anything but make a basic post

To post a screenshot you'll need to upload the image to a hosting site like http://imgur.com

Once it's on imgur, you need to take the image URL (ending in .png or .jpg) and put it in img tags

For example:

[img]http://imgur.com/image-name.png[/img]

It looks like it's downloading the entire <strong>game</strong>, not a patch. This is probably because your current 'installation' directory is in a folder that gets purged, it might even be set to your 'Temp' directory.

Go to your C:\Users\<your windows account>\AppData\Local\Warframe

Delete everything in that folder.

Next, download the Warframe installer

Here is a link to it

Now, once downloaded, right click Warframe.msi and select "Run as Administrator"

You should be greeted with the following

J358zwD.png

DO NOT HIT "OK" (yet)

Scroll down to make sure it's pointing to a "Warframe" folder that was just made in your C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder. If it is pointing here and not your \appdata\local\Warframe\ folder, you're good to go, now hit "OK"

If you see the following:

1cprs8M.png

This means you didn't run the installer as an administrator, and it doesn't have permission to install the game files anywhere else.

Once you've got it installing to your C:\Program Files\ folder (or the (x86) folder) you should not have this issue any longer. Let me know if this fixes the issue you're having.

Hmm. Ok. Right click Warframe.msi and hit "unblock" at the bottom of the properties page.

Run it, and if it points to a Warframe folder in your C:\Program Files\ (or the (x86) directory) then you can install it. If it's pointing to appdata\local then don't install it and close out of the launcher/installer.

Navigate to your C:\Users\<Your windows name>\appdata\local\Warframe\ folder and look for "launcher.exe," right click it and under compatibility set it to "Run this program as an administrator," close the properties, then right click "launcher.exe" and select "Run as administrator"

It should bring up the install prompt once more, but this time it should allow you to install to your C:\Program Files\ folder.

Ok doing that, it's doing the same thing as i posted in the second picture above though

This is normal, as it's downloading the game files. Hopefully now that the files are being stored in your C:\Program Files\ directory they won't be purged by the OS tidying up the appdata folders.

Once it finishes, give it a run and see if it launches. Chances are it wasn't launching before because portions of the game data it'd downloaded were already deleted/purged from appdata.