Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"AFK" Players

Senoirmeow

2 hours ago, EvaSara said:

honestly if i had a leeching limbo in my group doing 8%, the first thing i'd do would be giving serious thoughts about getting a better build.

How else is limbo supposed to get XP? He cant cast abilities because literally everyone says they hate limbo.

You can make a small bubble to cover a defense objective and that's it lol.

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu

15 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

How else is limbo supposed to get XP? He cant cast abilities because literally everyone says they hate limbo.

You can make a small bubble to cover a defense objective and that's it lol.

Banish/Cata+Rift Surge with the Rift Torrent augment, afaik. Limbo got changed so allies can damage mobs from outside the Rift, but i'm not sure of this, i have not used Limbo in pugs since the 'rework' and i find Banshee to be way better at damage boosting, but as long as you keep Stasis up an pop Cata bubbles after you applied Rift Torrent on enemies, you should be immortal with a nice damage buff without annoying teammates too much.

2 hours ago, Senoirmeow said:

I done that once in ESO, I was Mirage Prime and had 92% dmg between me and 3 others. The guy doing nothing made a sarcastic comment like "Looool, free xp easiest game ever, all i do is limbo dodge whooooo" I think he was fairly new to the game like MR9 or something like that I dont remember exactly. But I just said "Im not boosting you enjoy the game" and left.

Well... 2 minutes later I get a whisper with him saying im a terrible person, this and that etc etc, duel me in my dojo, dueeeellll me!!!! I didn't react and muted him. Only it got worse as it turns out he had quite a few pals on the game, all 9+ of whom whispered me directly, spamming me. So I had to mute them all. One even went as far as to make a new account to bug me on.

Guess I'll just stay silent from now on.

That's really childish of them and while i never report anyone unless it's serious, it's your choice, it's report worthy as it falls under the category of harassment.

Judging by this behavior they are probably a bunch of kids.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Anything + Operator is a good duo lol

but limbo is like safe home for operator. You can die as much as you want with 0 risk for your frame and you can rez others from your safe place, so as a new player you're not a PITA dying around every 5 seconds and veterans can keep being efficient with their builds instead of rez you all the time. I mean if they have a build, and if they are efficient to start with. Otherwise they might just be mad at you for not being a fully build Saryn.

• Like 1

said this in a similar topic

just build a frame as if you are going to carry everything and never relay on anyone, or just leave the mission

there are very few missions where is a waste to quite, most of them mean nothing if you quit or extract

i never bother with afk people, and a kick vote system is a very exploitable thing since 3 ppl can kick anyone they dont like

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

The best way to get affinity on all your things at once is to leech because thats how affinity works

Warframe rewards leeching which is why theres so many people leeching

Vazarin also expands affinity range to 75m. So you're probably right haaaa

• Like 1

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Lenti:

a kick vote system is a very exploitable thing since 3 ppl can kick anyone they dont like

Question is what did someone do that the three player hates him? Did he leech? Was he trolling? Or had he the luck to play with three trollers/ toxic elitists at once?

Most content is so laughably easy that I end up finishing the mission before even noticing anyone was afk.  The only time it really bothers me is in large megabosses like Eidolons or that Derelict Ship boss sortie, where it becomes painfully obvious you are the only person doing damage.  This is when I leave and find another group.  

1 hour ago, Noobverest said:

The best way to get affinity on all your things at once is to leech because thats how affinity works

Warframe rewards leeching which is why theres so many people leeching

When I take a nuke-level into SO (Volt/Mirage/Saryn) I get 90% kills - the other players will happily soak up the affinity for their leveling, or they'll get mad and leave.

When I want to level MR fodder garbage, I go into SO and hope someone else is doing the nuke-level thing (but I'm not AFK, I kill what I can).

There's no sense getting bent about this. 

One thing that does bug me, is people leaving after one wave - maybe they just needed to hit 30 on something, but it seems to happen almost any time I do an SO run...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Canach said:

When I take a nuke-level into SO (Volt/Mirage/Saryn) I get 90% kills - the other players will happily soak up the affinity for their leveling, or they'll get mad and leave.

When I want to level MR fodder garbage, I go into SO and hope someone else is doing the nuke-level thing (but I'm not AFK, I kill what I can).

There's no sense getting bent about this. 

One thing that does bug me, is people leaving after one wave - maybe they just needed to hit 30 on something, but it seems to happen almost any time I do an SO run...

maybe they failed at 7 previous run and needed 8 for nightwave or some eximus kills... (yeah guilty :D)

Honestly, if I see someone going afk and trying to take advantage of the squad like that, 90% of the time the squad all pretty much spontaneously agree to dip and let the afker keep trying to find a squad that will actually carry their parasitical self. 

It at least inconveniences them, as they deal with a bunch of host migrations and then find another match. 

Don't let them get away with it, call them out in chat, encourage the others in squad to leave and then go find another pick up game. 

You also can take screenies and report it... technically afking for rewards and exploiting other players isn't considered cool by the devs. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Senoirmeow said:

thanks for the free bounty/xp guys, ez XD

Well if you are a nuke frame and the other players are not, this makes all the sense in world. Have you ever playered that mode without being a Nuker? By the time you reach the enemies on map, they may already be dead when you get to their location. Nuking has killed the game. This was the exact reason why Bramma was nerfed.

i would much rather prefer leechers in eso then a change in how exp is obtained and we end up with kill stealers.  the latter is much worse.

however i think sometimes its not always so simple.

there is many situations where i am feeling would prefer to not be the nuker. like for example leveling up a frame in so ( i never do defense missions )

does that make me a toxic leecher?  imo no.

I am however taking advantage of how exp is obtained. a non nuke frame will never be able to keep up with the exp gain of a nuker in so/eso so even if they were not afk - in my best interested joining a squad with a nuker is far better. and not killing with weapons means more exp goes into my frame.

so that brings up an other issue.

if you bring a frame/weapon that is not as effective at killing, does that make you a leecher? an opprotunist? or do we just constantly expect min max in our squads?

if someone else is so efficient at killing that you cant even hit a mob and the other people decide to chill in the map is that leeching? are you "afk" or just unnecessary?

if exp was not shared in the squad then the opposite problem exists. trying to get all the kills for yourself.

i think we all know how that would turn out.

with all this said. I think by default if you go in a mission outside of maybe eidolons (unless you a try hard) without the ability to solo whatever content you going in then you are in one way or an other leeching off your squad either exp wise or efficiency wise. but imo wf has rather then hurt players for being squadded up had made them benefit. 

from playing an other game where you are constantly hinder for being in a party i must say that what we have now is much better.

as for bounties. there is no reason to not do them solo if you have the ability to do so. its literally so much faster. and you can stay inside as long as you want *since u dont need to leave to start more missions* as well as play at your own pace and not have to deal with potential cancer at all.

*massive edit*

and yes i am trying to promote further discussion ~ lol

Edited by Makunogo

I had someone who seemed pleased and proud of themselves for leeching in one of my missions and I just took screenshots and reported him, best way to deal with it and then after that if you are the host just leave or if you don't want to leave just ignore that player and leave the squad after that mission/run.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bl1te said:

Please don't do that. Some Saryns have their ability strength at certain level for max comfort and effectiveness. By boosting damage you ruin their build.

Never had a complaint yet but I get what you're saying ie so the wave doesn't die too fast to spread infection.

In a game where one frame can contribute %90 of the damage in a mission even with players actively trying a lot needs to be fixed. An afk person is annoying I agree. But the mindset of the game has changed. Why should someone aid if you’re nuking the entirety of the map as saryn volt equinox etc. It’d be a hassle to them. At the same time if your upset by these actions you can always report the player or leave the match. Also on the other side of the spectrum. Not everyone uses stats to after or during mission to determine ones usefulness. As a barruk am I afk because I have my radial sleep spam active and I’m just spamming a non damaging move while saryn goes ahead and Nukes the map? Or if I’m playing volt and only

speed boost people etc. The game promotes afk behavior ingame do to the improper balance of the idea that this is a co-op game. When we all one man army everything short of 1 or two instances in game currently. A lot needs to be changed before this issue can be properly addressed and like one said earlier a vote kick won’t do anything but make such more toxic

8 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

In a game where one frame can contribute %90 of the damage in a mission even with players actively trying a lot needs to be fixed. An afk person is annoying I agree. But the mindset of the game has changed. Why should someone aid if you’re nuking the entirety of the map as saryn volt equinox etc. It’d be a hassle to them.

The point is that I didn't actually NUKE the enemy, if I do, I do that solo, or with friends. I was aiming to level up a decent melee weapon I liked rather than do defense missions, so I just used Mirage 1+3. I wasn't nuking the map, the other guys just didn't do much, one just hid with limbo, 0 kills, 0 dmg, 0 dmg taken, just ran around the map to prevent the afk affinity timer. I know all too well that Nuking the whole area as a Trap Mirage, Saryn etc can potentially ruin focus for others.

5 minutes ago, Senoirmeow said:

The point is that I didn't actually NUKE the enemy, if I do, I do that solo, or with friends. I was aiming to level up a decent melee weapon I liked rather than do defense missions, so I just used Mirage 1+3. I wasn't nuking the map, the other guys just didn't do much, one just hid with limbo, 0 kills, 0 dmg, 0 dmg taken, just ran around the map to prevent the afk affinity timer. I know all too well that Nuking the whole area as a Trap Mirage, Saryn etc can potentially ruin focus for others.

Eh the point still stands that why do anything when we one man army everything . However I do understand and see your frustration. And I am sorry for such. In the next breath it’s also due to the balance of the game that has bred this gameplay 

14 hours ago, Makunogo said:

i would much rather prefer leechers in eso then a change in how exp is obtained and we end up with kill stealers.  the latter is much worse.

however i think sometimes its not always so simple.

there is many situations where i am feeling would prefer to not be the nuker. like for example leveling up a frame in so ( i never do defense missions )

does that make me a toxic leecher?  imo no.

I am however taking advantage of how exp is obtained. a non nuke frame will never be able to keep up with the exp gain of a nuker in so/eso so even if they were not afk - in my best interested joining a squad with a nuker is far better. and not killing with weapons means more exp goes into my frame.

so that brings up an other issue.

if you bring a frame/weapon that is not as effective at killing, does that make you a leecher? an opprotunist? or do we just constantly expect min max in our squads?

if someone else is so efficient at killing that you cant even hit a mob and the other people decide to chill in the map is that leeching? are you "afk" or just unnecessary?

if exp was not shared in the squad then the opposite problem exists. trying to get all the kills for yourself.

i think we all know how that would turn out.

with all this said. I think by default if you go in a mission outside of maybe eidolons (unless you a try hard) without the ability to solo whatever content you going in then you are in one way or an other leeching off your squad either exp wise or efficiency wise. but imo wf has rather then hurt players for being squadded up had made them benefit. 

from playing an other game where you are constantly hinder for being in a party i must say that what we have now is much better.

as for bounties. there is no reason to not do them solo if you have the ability to do so. its literally so much faster. and you can stay inside as long as you want *since u dont need to leave to start more missions* as well as play at your own pace and not have to deal with potential cancer at all.

*massive edit*

and yes i am trying to promote further discussion ~ lol

There is a considerable difference between those that join and actually try, like get a few kills, but still trying some even say, sorry man not having a good day with this build etc, then those that do nothing literally have dead 0% damage and 0 kills, but when the people present aren't exactly Nuking ESO or normal missions they don't have an excuse. I never really Nuke in public in ESO as it ruins focus farming for people, so I play that solo, but I play ESO sometimes to level up weapons as I like the enemy amount and variety in it, and I dont have a nuke build or any spectacular build just a mirage melee build and someone is obviously doing nothing, then it annoys me.

A recent experience I had was with 5* bounties. The guy has no excuse as we are all in casual frames, he just follows us around and does literally nothing, doesn't contribute to objectives or anything. (The weird capsule one on Orb Vallis especially) 

As of yesterday though I was doing Hydrolysts and had to remake 3 times consecutively because there would be people just doing nothing during the fights, sometimes one, sometimes 2 people, by the time you gather the lures and start the fight to find out they haven't contributed and I leave out of principal is rather disheartening. One guy just hid with cloak on Itzal and flew around sometimes.