Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia client-side bugs

TheCatequil

Octavia has a couple of bugs plagueing her right now, as of the latest update.
I thought they were only audio bugs, but it seems more bugs apply her, so I am moving the bug report from audio bugs to general bugs.
Origional tread:

To recap:
In multiplayer, when you are a client (hosts do not appear to have these issues), the following issues occur:
- Octavia's audio (all mandachord tracks) do not play fluently, they can have stutters, or have notes be played at wrong moments.
- Moving, jumping, crouching and sliding can worsen this ^
- Mallet sometimes deals 0 damage for no reason (double check what enemies were experiencing this, and there is nothing that would prevent them from taking damage)
- Mallet only activates/plays audio/deals damage when you are either withing 3m away from it, or your metronome is active.

These bugs make octavia very uncomfortable to play. I do hope they can fix these issues soon. I can provide any additional information that might be needed to fix these, but my bet would be that this is coming from a multiplayer event replication issue.

I haven't noticed any loss of functionality, just the out of sync notes.  I've been trying to get a good, clear comparison video but it's tough.

2 hours ago, TheCatPlaysGamez said:

- Mallet sometimes deals 0 damage for no reason (double check what enemies were experiencing this, and there is nothing that would prevent them from taking damage)

Are you sure this wasn't with Mallet + Resonator?  I've noticed that Resonator causes affected enemies to emit streams of '0' damage numbers, immediately covering up the legit Mallet damage numbers, but Mallet is still doing the same damage as before.

As a client, I've experienced loss of synchronization with Metronome's audio and visual cues as well: at least once it happened with a Protea in the squad, but I don't know if that's a coincidence or cause.  I don't use Resonator, so I can't comment on any issues there.

Having the same problems and noticed some more.

Mallet with resonator do not scale damage, it doesn't grow. For example if I use only mallet his damage will grow according to damage it received, however when I use mallet with resonator it won't happen and as it was said before I will see floating 0 of damage.

19 hours ago, Buff00n said:

I haven't noticed any loss of functionality, just the out of sync notes.  I've been trying to get a good, clear comparison video but it's tough.

Are you sure this wasn't with Mallet + Resonator?  I've noticed that Resonator causes affected enemies to emit streams of '0' damage numbers, immediately covering up the legit Mallet damage numbers, but Mallet is still doing the same damage as before.

I am aware of the broken mess that is Resonator, so i did not include it during my testings for this bug

That reminds me:
<Bug report>
Combining Mallet and Resonator prevents the Mallet from charging up it's damage properly. It charges by getting shot, but if it is carried by the Resonator it seems that the enemies shoot the Resonator instead, leading to only sporadic charges off splash damage. In addition to that, due to the random nature of the resonator, you can not rely on the resonator staying inside the area of effect of your amp, so it works almost entirely counterproductive compared to what octavia wants to achieve (static damage output).

For the resonator to become useful, it would require that the damage dealt to the resonator while it carries the mallet would also charge the mallet and it would stay inside of the amp area if applicable.

The latest hotfix was mostly tuning and easy stuff.  

If I had to take a a guess, I would say that most of Octavia's woes are probably coming from network code changes they did to make Protea's powers work.  Octavia's deployables probably got caught up with Protea's deployables.  Protea's makes sense to run entirely server-side, but Octavia's need to run partially client-side to prevent lag from ruining timing and other stuff.  Again, totally guessing.

That's likely to be a tough problem to solve, so it might take a few meatier hotfixes.

• 1 month later...

Archived