Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Host Migration Will Reset Your Item Xp And Loot On Ground

Saxfire

So here is how this thing goes, you do survival for 25 minutes, get about 8 levels to your frame/weapons and the host disconnects from the game because his computer cannot handle the load, all XP you got during the whole mission and items that are on the ground will vanish. This is same with all missions, just example. You guys owe me  around 1M XP, 50 loot drops or 3 hrs of my life... Figuratively speaking ofcourse.

Fixing this would be the most welcome. Thanks!

Edited by Saxfire

Yup, Host Migrations are the worst thing ever. At the very least, every machine in a match should be keeping a running tally of xp and loot gained, during a mission. So that when a host quits without properly leaving, everyone else doesn't get screwed. Or is this some sort of over-bearing security protocol that is working against us here? (like PSO's famous habit of deleting your entire inventory should you be disconnected for any reason)

So here is how this thing goes, you do survival for 25 minutes, get about 8 levels to your frame/weapons and the host disconnects from the game because his computer cannot handle the load, all XP you got during the whole mission and items that are on the ground will vanish. This is same with all missions, just example. You guys owe me  around 1M XP, 50 loot drops or 3 hrs of my life... Figuratively speaking ofcourse.

Fixing this would be the most welcome. Thanks!

Agree, Xp and drop must not be deleted (except for the Host who leaves the game) during every migration 

Agree, Xp and drop must not be deleted (except for the Host who leaves the game) during every migration 

I disagree to a point with this. Sometimes the game itself crashes. Thus a live exp and loot update should be in place. Just because a mission crashes one shouldn't lose the loot they got during the said mission. It used to be this way and then they changed it. NOW aborting a mission is something else and all loot, and exp should be lost. I only agree that the loot and exp shouldn't be lost during a host migration. Thus even sometimes the main host still reconnects with a more ping friendly player in the match becoming the new host.

Back in the day when you failed a mission you still got to keep all the exp and loot obtained in that mission. However I believe it was update 9 they changed all that and gave the gamers the middle finger. (Around the same time the game got featured on G1's website). I think loot and exp should only be lost if the mission is aborted. All the fighting and deaths are for nothing if you get nothing. Same with host migrations all is for nothing. You wasted your time in that survival mission etc.

I can honestly say I hope they open better ways to get frame and weapon slots. And steer away from the logic of G1. I also hope they have a fix for this issue it is really annoying. There are other issues it seems that came with this whole Vault thing.

Edited by Umie

• 3 weeks later...