The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara has waited, and so have we.

CloudATL

"2020 will be the year to fix things in Warframe". Needless reminding whom's -approximate- quote it is.

And here we are, with those problems unsolved yet on Ivara :

- Artemis Bow needs its Status Chance update.

- Split Flights and Aerial Ace mods should be usable in the exalted.

- Concentrated Arrow's fall off damage removal. Arrows fired from the 4th spell cost energy as ammo, it is a warframe spell, not a random weapon.

- Fire Rate mods still functionning as stat sticks from the primary weapon equipped to the Artemis Bow.

- Wrong interaction between Xoris's Alt Fire and Ivara's 2. Weapon cannot be detonated while navigating, ruining the potential synergy.

- If set mods are equipped on the Artemis Bow itself, the set bonus is not applied. Hence with the vigilante set, the classic primary weapon equipped will not receive set bonus.

- Double jump breaks prowl if casted when doubling the jump.

- Allow the choice of arrow skin for the Artemis Bow Prime.

And probably even more i'm not thinking of right now, but these are the most urgent ones.

Not a problem report, but it'd definitly be about time we get shorter and on-the-move 4 cast, and 2 cast (if the proj has not been fired yet). As well as an update of the Noise Arrow. And Cable interactions (Consumable wheel, quicker & smoother climb, faster proj speed if not almost hitscan)

Edited by CloudATL
  • Like 2

Wait.. Ivara needs things fixed?

Is she not already an S-class warframe?

Split flights and aerial ace should not work on artemis bow IMO

What exactly is the issue with artemis bow and 'status chance update'?

And fire rate mods from your primary still affect artemis bow? What? Is this true?

1 hour ago, CloudATL said:

- If set mods are equipped on the Artemis Bow itself, the set bonus is not applied. Hence with the vigilante set, the classic primary weapon equipped will not receive set bonus.

That's standard interaction for exalted weapons and set mods.  Same applies to Excalibur/Valkyr/Wukong/etc with Gladiator mods.

Il y a 7 heures, Leqesai a dit :

Wait.. Ivara needs things fixed?

Is she not already an S-class warframe?

Split flights and aerial ace should not work on artemis bow IMO

What exactly is the issue with artemis bow and 'status chance update'?

And fire rate mods from your primary still affect artemis bow? What? Is this true?

S class frame ? Please don't trust those rankings, clearly made to bait players. And what could we even rate on ? Dps/second ? Time to finish the mission when speedrunning ? Ability to run endurance ? Is the frame meta in eidolons ? Scaling ? Answers to those questions would then depend on the context, the other frames involved, the weapons used, focus tree chosen, the enemy faction we're facing etc etc...

Aerial ace, come on it's just a fun mod and there's no explanation as to why it doesn't work ? Besides for those who fear split flights would be op... As of right now normal bows (cernos P, muta cernos, daikyu...) are just way stronger than Artemis. For evidence i already showed stuff in other threads, be it would just be best for you to try out in your simul if you're not convinced yet. There's the possbility to go level cap with at least one of those. Artemis can't lol.

Artemis has 20% SC for 7 arrows. It should have received the status changes weapons underwent, just like Cernos Prime.

I'll let you try that fire rate thingy ;).

Il y a 6 heures, Katinka a dit :

That's standard interaction for exalted weapons and set mods.  Same applies to Excalibur/Valkyr/Wukong/etc with Gladiator mods.

Okay thx i didn't know. Kinda still want that changed.

Edited by CloudATL

Im always up for buffs to artemis bow, since I rarely use it, and when I do just for concentrated arrow funsys.. on its own the damage does not keep up all that well in my opinion or is just really slow at killing enemys.

A status buff would be nice since it is multiple projectiles applying multiple statuses could make it become much more viable.

and outside some bugs and missing interactions (that are at least consitent with other frames aswell) I dont see anything terrible here..

Ivara really is one of the strongest warframes in the game for any content really (outside of special boss farming methods where she does not have a place like 80% of all warframes dont)

EDIT:

"Fire Rate mods still functionning as stat sticks from the primary weapon equipped to the Artemis Bow."

tested this, does not have any effect for me what so ever.

Edited by SmokinDice

11 hours ago, CloudATL said:

S class frame ? Please don't trust those rankings, clearly made to bait players. And what could we even rate on ? Dps/second ? Time to finish the mission when speedrunning ? Ability to run endurance ? Is the frame meta in eidolons ? Scaling ? Answers to those questions would then depend on the context, the other frames involved, the weapons used, focus tree chosen, the enemy faction we're facing etc etc...

Aerial ace, come on it's just a fun mod and there's no explanation as to why it doesn't work ? Besides for those who fear split flights would be op... As of right now normal bows (cernos P, muta cernos, daikyu...) are just way stronger than Artemis. For evidence i already showed stuff in other threads, be it would just be best for you to try out in your simul if you're not convinced yet. There's the possbility to go level cap with at least one of those. Artemis can't lol.

Artemis has 20% SC for 7 arrows. It should have received the status changes weapons underwent, just like Cernos Prime.

I'll let you try that fire rate thingy ;).

Okay thx i didn't know. Kinda still want that changed.

She is S class because she trivializes survival, spy, capture, sabotage, conservation, railjack crewships and more. 

Most of your suggestions are QOL changes that would be nice but not needed to make her great.

On 2020-06-16 at 12:10 AM, CloudATL said:

Split Flights [...] Concentrated Arrow's fall off damage [...] cannot be detonated while navigating

Split Flights is not supposed to work, last time I checked Concentrated Arrow had no falloff (the explosion was rather pathetic overall though), Glaives can be detonated during Navigator if you are dual wielding (it is very effective).

One issue you didn't mention however; Navigator deactivates sprinting. Really annoying.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-17 at 12:50 AM, Leqesai said:

She is S class because she trivializes survival, spy, capture, sabotage, conservation, railjack crewships and more. 

Most of your suggestions are QOL changes that would be nice but not needed to make her great.

I think some of her kit is are just not suitable for the current state of the game.

- on her Quiver, noise arrow works too slow on solo and outright useless on coop. And the fact that the Augment only affects 2 arrows.

- Her Navigator costs too much energy and hard to control. The only situations where you would use it are assassinations and maybe eidolons.

- After some testing, it seems that Artemis Bow's status chance is still using the old shotgun calculation where it's divided per projectile.

- The falloff damage added to explosive weapons significantly nerfed Concentrated Arrow. Even Kuva Bramma after the nerf still kills faster. Heck, you're better off using your current weapons.

Ivara's my most used frame, I like her a lot. But I gotta admit that some of her kit are outdated. Maybe with DE releasing these augments that affects more than one ability could start to shake things up a little?

En 16/6/2020 a las 19:50, Leqesai dijo:

Spy 150% with you ,Sabotage 100% with you, conservation 50% wind actualy can make it bothersome but invi is great tool to have yes.

Survival ? I don't get you on this like, i don't see what makes her trivialize this one it actualy is a bad scenario for her specialy if she runs out of energy. Could you pleas elaborate ?

Capture actual depends on the lev and what type of capture target you get, if it starts to run ... not so fun for ivara

Crewships 80% with you . 

Edited by kaotis

They are fixing things for sure, lots of things. There is tons more than needs fixing far more than Ivara of all things. 

They'll get around to it. She's not my favorite frame by far, but she's still top tier in what she does. She's just not a priority compared to frames and mechanics that are essentially filler content.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kaotis said:

Spy 150% with you ,Sabotage 100% with you, conservation 50% wind actualy can make it bothersome but invi is great tool to have yes.

Survival ? I don't get you on this like, i don't see what makes her trivialize this one it actualy is a bad scenario for her specialy if she runs out of energy. Could you pleas elaborate ?

Capture actual depends on the lev and what type of capture target you get, if it starts to run ... not so fun for ivara

Crewships 80% with you .

Relax. Some people give Necros an S rank only for their ability to generate drops. I wouldn't be surprised if Ivara got S rank for the same reason or because it's easy to hunt animals.

15 hours ago, Blank_on_Blank said:

I think some of her kit is are just not suitable for the current state of the game.

- on her Quiver, noise arrow works too slow on solo and outright useless on coop. And the fact that the Augment only affects 2 arrows.

- Her Navigator costs too much energy and hard to control. The only situations where you would use it are assassinations and maybe eidolons.

Ivara's my most used frame, I like her a lot. But I gotta admit that some of her kit are outdated. Maybe with DE releasing these augments that affects more than one ability could start to shake things up a little?

Completely agree.  The Empowered Quiver augment seems like an easy fix.  Why not have it add shield stripping, or any number of forced status procs, or other options?  Admittedly, I'd prefer baseline, as I don't often bother with Empowered Quiver.  Ivara is very strong as is, but that's no reason to neglect the outdated portions of her kit.

And Navigator is so fun to use, but there just aren't any situations where it's really a solid option.  Headshot rivens from far away, maybe?  But like you said, it costs too much and it's too hard to control.  I'd like to see some weird new encounters that reward our lesser used abilities.

I love Ivara but I hate her 4, both mechanic and even sound. IMO Cernos Prime feels much better to use.

But in general lots of her default stats are too low to play as default. Bubble too small, duration is a bit too short, pick-pocket too narrow, steal rate is too slow, efficiency is very low, speed and energy penalties are too crazy just for the ability to keep up invisibility uninterrupted. And when you buff all that with mods to a playable level you have no more room for survival mods or anything funny to try.

2 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I love Ivara but I hate her 4, both mechanic and even sound. IMO Cernos Prime feels much better to use.

But in general lots of her default stats are too low to play as default. Bubble too small, duration is a bit too short, pick-pocket too narrow, steal rate is too slow, efficiency is very low, speed and energy penalties are too crazy just for the ability to keep up invisibility uninterrupted. And when you buff all that with mods to a playable level you have no more room for survival mods or anything funny to try.

She doesn't really need survivability mods, though.  She has her invisibility.  She has shield gating.  I get by with those and Quick Thinking.  And there are only a few places where she struggles, and they usually have to do with status, like those nasty traps in the Kuva Fortress.  I wish I had farmed up some more arcanes during Scarlet Spear, as I bet I'd get more use out of Arcane Deflection (resist slash) than I do out of Arcane Guardian.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

She doesn't really need survivability mods, though.  She has her invisibility.  She has shield gating.  I get by with those and Quick Thinking.  And there are only a few places where she struggles, and they usually have to do with status, like those nasty traps in the Kuva Fortress.  I wish I had farmed up some more arcanes during Scarlet Spear, as I bet I'd get more use out of Arcane Deflection (resist slash) than I do out of Arcane Guardian.

I have a full anti-toxin arcane but it doesn't help against toxin auras, she still loses her energy in a blink of an eye and dies before you inderstand where it comes from.

1 minute ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I have a full anti-toxin arcane but it doesn't help against toxin auras, she still loses her energy in a blink of an eye and dies before you inderstand where it comes from.

Thanks for the heads up.  They're pretty cheap right now, so I might invest in some anyway.  Though Arcane Guardian might have more synergy with Quick Thinking than I'm realizing... 

I wish her Invis bubbles had the same mechanic as wisp's buffs. You place a bubble, it has an infinite duration, you are invis inside and when you leave the area, you keep the buff on you for some duration. That way it would give her a way to get a fast moving invisibility and the limit of 3 bubbles at a time would have a meaning.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

Also for her to stay invisible is to keep grabbing the energy orbs and not to sprint or bullet jump, especially firing a alarming weapon, but she can bypass lasers with her augment. 

as a S class warframe like some people think volt is an S class warframe because the boost of attack speed and faster movement speed for the team in relic runs or extermination runs or camp with the shields in survival. Also she can make a better fishing spot with her ziplines.

Le 17/06/2020 à 21:18, Traumtulpe a dit :

Split Flights is not supposed to work, last time I checked Concentrated Arrow had no falloff (the explosion was rather pathetic overall though), Glaives can be detonated during Navigator if you are dual wielding (it is very effective).

One issue you didn't mention however; Navigator deactivates sprinting. Really annoying.

As long as split flights doesn't work on her bow, any bow primary will outclass this exalted ; whether it's supposed to work or not (and DE didn't give any explanation besides "it doesn't work") it should defo work.

Oh i didn't know that sprinting deactivating thingy. Hard to keep up with all the tiny issues, thanks for bringing this one up.

Le 18/06/2020 à 06:37, Els236 a dit :

If you want things to fix, how about sleep arrow doing sweet nothing when fired normally at point blank, requiring the use of her 2?

this also happens during conservation a lot too.

oh never noticed that, thx for bringing it up

Le 18/06/2020 à 16:33, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- a dit :

They are fixing things for sure, lots of things. There is tons more than needs fixing far more than Ivara of all things. 

They'll get around to it. She's not my favorite frame by far, but she's still top tier in what she does. She's just not a priority compared to frames and mechanics that are essentially filler content.

Oh you're right then as long as smthing's not a priority we're not gonna point it out. Good call ! Besides, there are plenty of things getting fixed that are way less important. What's the matter man ? If you don't play the frame sure it doesn't seem important to you, but try to acknowledge you're not 100% of the community.

They'll get around everything, just that i'd like it to take less than 5 years.

Le 18/06/2020 à 21:56, Scar.brother.help.me a dit :

Agreed on 4 for sure. With arcane energize you should be totally okay with efficiency. Steal rate is high with high duration, and it's only required in specific set ups so it's okay. You can keep invisible forever, as she's always been used in MOT 10+hours survivals. It requires a lot of gear though but that's what end game is like. I think her invis & shield gating make her tanky enough too. The issue right here is her QoL, and several spells totally useless (as you said small bubble and other things..)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CloudATL said:

Besides, there are plenty of things getting fixed that are way less important.

Apparently they fixed a bug with Contagion Cloud in the latest patch. How the bug even got noticed I have no idea, since the number of people using this augment should be precisely zero.

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Apparently they fixed a bug with in the latest patch. How the bug even got noticed I have no idea, since the number of people using this augment should be precisely zero.

It was not as uncommon to find people using Contagion Cloud as you would think.

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:

It was not as uncommon to find people using Contagion Cloud as you would think.

I have literally never seen anyone use it. Nor have I used it myself outside of the Simulacum, despite Saryn being my most used Warframe.

The damage is pathetic, it is a flat amount over time, the area is tiny and you have to kill an enemy to even get it in the first place - meaning there will be no enemy in the area at all unless you somehow stacked them up, which is not even worth considering since it cannot kill anything at all.

I repeat, I have never seen it used in a mission, and I cannot fathom why anyone would want to use it either.

43 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I have literally never seen anyone use it. Nor have I used it myself outside of the Simulacum, despite Saryn being my most used Warframe.

The damage is pathetic, it is a flat amount over time, the area is tiny and you have to kill an enemy to even get it in the first place - meaning there will be no enemy in the area at all unless you somehow stacked them up, which is not even worth considering since it cannot kill anything at all.

I repeat, I have never seen it used in a mission, and I cannot fathom why anyone would want to use it either.

The damage was affected by power strength, range mods,and  was supposed to be affected by duration(but what was actually happening was infinite duration) when they made the effect trigger from deaths by damage over time effects, it resulted in clouds that stuck around forever(even when they appeared gone) covered large amounts of the map(190range resulted in a 9.5 meter cloud) and with 200 ps  did 600-1200 dmg a second... forever!(rather then the 12 second modified by duration. It was actually amazing, shame you missed it in its hay day.

During the (old toxin) it was simply insane. Against high level corpus it bypassed shields entirely.

Edited by Nichivo
Typo