Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Color Channels are Inconsistent Across Outfits

Here's a gallery of all of the preview-capable armors I have in the game, using the same color scheme.
https://imgur.com/gallery/4HC5qa4
There's a number of outfits that could more often be used together if only their metallic color channels were affected by the Lining color rather than Primary (Kubrodon) or Secondary (Outrider), or if they didn't have the tertiary channel covering such a huge swath of space on the outfit (Koppra's legs, Smelter, Outrider, Haztech, Kubrodon, Manduka's legs, and Vahd). There really seems to be little to no visible logic behind when/why these channels were chosen the way they were.

A LOT of outfits do have their most underlying, base layer as the Primary Channel (Commodore, Varida, Vent Rat, Smelter, Haztech, Vent Kid, and arguably Koppra), and a lot of outfits have their outermost, armor-like bits as the Secondary Channel (Commodore, Varida, Vent Rat, Vent Pobber, Manduka, Ceno). It'd be great if you standardized the rest of the outfits to follow this pattern of "undersuits and base layers" on Primary, "outer layers and armors" on Secondary, metallics on Lining, and have what remains on Tertiary (details, smaller bits of cloth, etc).

I can imagine deciding between primary and secondary color channels could be a bit tough, so an additional or alternative option to manually reconsidering all of the ones that are a tossup, is to add a toggle switch to Operator outfit bits that switch what color channels the Primary and Secondary menu options apply to, so that in examples like below, people can decide whether they want the pants to contrast the shirt (as pictured), or whether they want the boots to match the armor (as they'd be able to if a toggle swapped it's Primary and Secondary channel colors).

k6W8i5o.png

Also, please, for the love of all that is good, please give us back the badass-looking thigh high combat boots instead of the onesie look
RqFTVJj.png

nOjMoX7.jpg
With the original Manduka legs, it was just the thigh high boots, and they mixed and matched with other things way better, assuming they had a torso design that included upper thighs. At this point, looking at the old and new, I know what I'd prefer would be for the Saita and Manduka's actual boots to use the secondary channel, for the reasons stated previously, and the shorts beneath them should be either Primary or Tertiary color channels.

Also, as visible in the gallery, some outfits have WAY more blown out and bright color channels, and some have WAY darker ones. I don't mind so badly when there's a clearly observable amount of texture or "dirtiness" to a surface's texture, but at it's cleanest and brightest points, it should resemble the cleanest and brightest points of that color across all of the rest of the outfits.

ALSO. Commodore's royally screwed up right now.
8YUQCMH.gif
We didn't grind for Condition Overloads to sell in order to get this skin, we paid very real money. This really isn't okay >.>

Edited by Grav_Starstrider
Added issues with inconsistent colors across outfits, and Commodore Prime's bug.
  • Like 2