Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen if we run out of frames to Prime?

Zahnny

I doubt it will happen in the near future, I've just checked and if I counted properly, we have about 16 frames (excluding Excal Umbra) ready to be primed one day.

Maybe this is just a me question, but theortically, if DE were to run out of Warframes to prime, and every Warframe had a prime variant already, what exactly would happen? From my understanding, the reason PA is so consistant is because it's part of a contract or something similar, meaning it essentially has to be on time/ready at roughly the same relative date between each PA. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

In the least offensive way possible, I imagine if we were running out DE would probably shovel a bunch of Warframes in rapid succession for release, probably not the best quality but it'd just have to buy them time to rework them later, so they had something to prime.

They just have to make 1 normal frame every 3 months to keep up the pace. That said, if they did run out of frames to prime, they'd just Umbra them all. With the future holding more sentient battles, I'm sure they could give an explanation for it too.

• Like 1

it may be possible that instead of a frame we would end up with 3 Primed weapons or a 2 weapons and primed armor. 

i don't think we need to always get frames. i think the idea could potentially cross their mind soon. there is only so many warframes that can be made. eventually new ones will be completly redundant.

but we have already seen that a community frame is coming. 

so i think long as there is ideas we will continue to see potentially new frames 

• Like 3

We're years ahead of that and i'm fairly glad they slow down the with new warframe so that they can catch up with the prime.

That being said, who know maybe we'll be at the point someday where there won't be a normal version anymore (or just a skin), only the primed which will be released every 3/6 monthes and DE will create substitue to prime access.

As for the mastery loss no one will care since most of the playerbase will be mr 30 at that point.

20 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I doubt it will happen in the near future, I've just checked and if I counted properly, we have about 16 frames (excluding Excal Umbra) ready to be primed one day.

Maybe this is just a me question, but theortically, if DE were to run out of Warframes to prime, and every Warframe had a prime variant already, what exactly would happen? From my understanding, the reason PA is so consistant is because it's part of a contract or something similar, meaning it essentially has to be on time/ready at roughly the same relative date between each PA. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

In the least offensive way possible, I imagine if we were running out DE would probably shovel a bunch of Warframes in rapid succession for release, probably not the best quality but it'd just have to buy them time to rework them later, so they had something to prime.

They release 4 prime frames a year, and 3 to 5 frames a year.

The last primed frame will not be for another 5 years+ at the earliest.

Iirc there's 14 or 15 unprimed frames.  It would take 3 1/2+ years of no new frames for them to catch up.  To that merit the question doesn't really warrant any sort of real thought because it's implausible.  You can safely assume that if DE ever catches up in the future, it's likely because Warframe is over/a dead game at that point history. 

Also what the one guy above said about DE saying they would just make them all Umbra if they ran out of prime, that literally never happened.  DE has suggested they would make more Umbral frames but NEVER tied that to ending of the Prime line, nor suggested they would turn every frame Umbra.  Fake news. 

45 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Introducing...PRIME PRIMES.

Like Prime frames, but made ENTIRELY of orokin gold.

Umbra series incoming...all the gold bits...and twice the “dark and edgy” with a bit of tragedy and backstory to add flavor.

Mmmmm...delicious.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

never gonna happen., but if it did: more primed guns, and prime skins for landing craft (excluding Liset which already has one) and primed Railjack would be interesting IMO.

Still wish I could enable prime bits and use the Dex textures with the prime model on my Liset.